AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and Arabesque
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 30
  1. totoum
    2012-05-05 17:55
    totoum
    I've got Katapan to thank, he tipped me off very quickly.
    He gave me a link to the vid too,Okada at 21:10

Actually I now remember that I tried writing it in all caps and got an error message,that's why i didn't use caps in the first place.Didn't know why at the time,now I know
  2. Arabesque
    2012-05-05 17:22
    Arabesque
    0_0

What sorcery is this!? Time travel?

Damn your fast

Huh, I thought that a thread starter could change the title. Will it changed, but we got to learn something terrifying in the process

Quote:
    As silly as this seems, an anti-shouting feature was preventing us from making the "AKB" all-caps
    vBulletin is actually anti-entertainment!

AKB0048, save us!
  3. totoum
    2012-05-05 04:27
    totoum
    If it's that one then I had it uploaded to the Okada group even before it got posted on the thread

And yes I agree,but only mods can change titles,tried reporting it but nothing happened,so I'll PM a mod about it.
  4. Arabesque
    2012-05-04 22:41
    Arabesque
    FYI, there is a new Okada picture in the AKB0048 thread
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by totoum View Post
    It hasn't bothered me but it makes sense since the show itself uses capital letters,so I agree.
    So you agree.

5. Arabesque
    2012-03-29 18:09
    Arabesque
    I believe it is. The show's CG parts was advertised heavily as relaying on nothing but CG, and Sanzigen had mentioned that they wanted to make stuff using the same techniques for Hollywood and other big media projects around the world, so it wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly go back on their word and use 2D in there.

I'll check just to be sure sometime, but as far as I can see and know right now, the part was animated in CG.

It's also really cool looking, even if the show ended up sucking, but what can you do?
  6. totoum
    2012-03-28 13:15
    totoum
    Do you know if everything in here is CG?Even those face close ups like at 00:11?
  7. totoum
    2012-03-24 08:22
    totoum
    Well I'm happy to be wrong on that one
    I just figured that despite the high postcount the mods would be too scared of shipping wars to give it a subforum.

To celebrate
  8. Arabesque
    2012-03-24 07:45
    Arabesque
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arabesque
    I'll wait and see if the mods decided and make a sub-forum for the series
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by totoum
    doubt it'll ever get a subforum
    ORLY?
    Never underestimate the power of the Gettai!

To be honest, it was pretty clear that the show was heading to gaining a sub-forum with over a 2000+ replies already in it's first half and since the discussion was pretty wide spread and about different topics. The question is whether or not the mods were afraid it was going to be a HSoTD situation where a sub-forum would end up being a nightmare to manage.

Time to work on that post then, whooo~
  9. totoum
    2012-03-19 14:29
    totoum
    Confused you with "Arabian Swan",sorry

I guess you're right,he still violates your personal space,it's just that when watching Araki anime I don't just want to see it violated I want to see it torn to pieces

Have you seen his Blue Literature contribution? "Sakura no mori no mankai no shita",That short is pure Araki,Madhouse let him loose and do whatever he wanted.
    As for Imaichi,I hope he gets his own project soon where he's not an add on to something else.

And glad to have you on board aquarion evol,doubt it'll ever get a subforum though.
  10. Arabesque
    2012-03-19 12:06
    Arabesque
    (about your previous question, I don't think I'm the same person, sorry )
    Quote:
    You think so?Now I admit I'm stalled at episode 12 of Guilty Crown but I'm stalled because I thought that on the contrary the guy was holding himself back,I saw his flashiness pop up from time to time but that's all.
    Oh sure, this isn't like Death Note where he had Latin music playing while the characters were dueling with laser pens and eating crisps in an overlay dramatic fashion, but there is still the trademark Araki violation-of-personal-space watermarked all over Guilty Crown. Even if it's not as noticeable as his past work, there is still all those up-close-and-personal shots of the cast's faces, boobs, and crotches attacking the camera all the time. It might be a bit more subdued since this is an original work or because it's airing on noitaminA, but it's there.

And lol, Araki makes me usually go after Death Note, I thought that he would never surprise me. Oh, how wrong was I

Aquarion EVOL ... I will never forgive Katapan and Triple_R for getting me into that show it exceeded my expectations to levels I hadn't thought were possible on televised anime. I want to make a post, but I think I'll wait and see if the mods decided and make a sub-forum for the series. Needless to say, it.is.insane. and I don't blame you for sticking to it instead of Guilty Crown (one crazy show is more than enough for a normal person lol)

About Shu not being a typical Araki protag, I get what you are saying (not being able to put him into situations where he pulls off crazy stunts since Shu isn't really the larger than life sort) but I still think that the shows problem lies more with how cluttered the plot is and other questionable ... content (episode 3).

Quote:
    On a completely unrelated note I'm happy to see someone else is enjoying what Sanzigen and Imaishi are doing with BRS,watching the report on that was really fun.Especilaly love the part where they say that they start out with something really smooth and then purposefully take out frames to make it less smooth and more like 2D anime and particularly Imaishi style since Imaichi isn't known for smooth animation but rather making very good use of a small amount of frames.
    What CGI also allows him to do is really long shots where the "camera" just travels all over the place,he already used it in Panty and Stocking but in BRS he's taking it to extremes,for exemple the first scene of the show is basicly one long sequence shot.
    Yeah, too bad the ratio of Real World = Otherworld segments is so unbalanced that we never manage to get more than a few Imaishi goodness lol

But really, the CG in BRS surprised me. I would love to see more anime use it from now on.