AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > totoum

Notices

Conversation Between totoum and Pocari_Sweat
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 349
  1. totoum
    2013-07-09 08:18
    totoum
    Oh I forgot to get back to you on the kyoani discussion.Just keep in mind that all the praises are going towards animation, so that doesn't include stuff like photography or backrounds (which is stuff you and I love in things like Mardock Scramble), and how consistently on model it is throughout the course of a 2 cour anime.

I had forgotten to say that the guy who said those things probably likes PA works as well since there's people he knows there and as it turns out he's the animation director for ep 3 of Uchouten Kazoku.
  2. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-07-06 21:25
    Pocari_Sweat
    No comment.
  3. totoum
    2013-07-06 12:23
    totoum
    So, how does it feel to have a teenage Okada as your avatar?

From the panel: "Hiromi was modeled off herself in high school. Noe was what she wanted to be"
  4. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-06-30 11:29
    Pocari_Sweat
    Nah I read it. Still unbelievable calling kon the pinnacle of japanese animation. Seems completely unbaffable to me. Though I wonder if they would say the same post hyouka.
  5. totoum
    2013-06-30 10:29
    totoum
    oh boy not sur if trollin'

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
    How am I supposed to find this very credible
    Did you read the post carefully? that's not a random guy on the net praising kyoani,it's from an interview with Inoue Toshiyuki who's one of the most respected animators out there (he's worked for studios like ghibli,IG,Madhouse and most recently on Wolf Children),he's also get no ties whatsuever with kyoani so he had no incentive to praise them.Also the interview is from before hyouka aired so that's likely why it wasn't mentioned.
  6. totoum
    2013-06-24 17:15
    totoum
    Changing countries has been keeping me busy
    But really, blame the woman herself,there's been hardly any news,this summer will be the second season in a row without an okada show running on TV,the last time that has happened was 6 years ago. And PA works hasn't even confirmed that NagiAsu will be starting this fall,we just assume it will.
    But there should be a revival soon,she's attending anime expo at the end of the week so there'll be pannel coverage plus crunchyroll interview!
  7. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-06-24 08:20
    Pocari_Sweat
    Frenchmen! Mari Okada club has been dormant for too long! WTB new info or controversery.

Sincerely,

Resident Okada hater
  8. totoum
    2013-06-04 06:36
    totoum
    Please read my first message in the nisekoi thread

Quote:
    If there's ever an anime where I wouldn't mind an original ending it's this one, you could totally tell the story in a couple of cours (or hell maybe even one) instead of dragging it out like the manga is doing.
    I like the plot setup,but since it's been popular jump won't let this end and are dragging the hell out of it (when other posters say that this lends itself well to fillers thats because at this point the manga itself is full of fillers).That's why I hope the anime gets to do its own thing.
    But even if they do that it won't differ much from a whole lot of other rom coms except for being well done IMO so if I knew someone new to anime who hasn't seen a bunch of rom coms I'd recommend it to them (and I myself don't care if something has been done a 1000 times before as long as it's well done,I know not everyone is like that though)

Oh and also I have this huge grin on my face when you say you think you've got AoT figured out, the actual plotwists have yet to come,they might not even come this season,there's clues in the episodes but I've seen no anime only watchers notice them.
  9. Pocari_Sweat
    2013-06-04 01:08
    Pocari_Sweat
    I see you hyping Nisekoi anime.

So tell me... how does this differ from the hundreds of other shonen harem romcoms? :3
  10. totoum
    2013-05-05 20:34
    totoum
    Of course I'm crazy,you're just figuring that out now?

Araki would give me bullet time tear drops while the Okada character is crying her heart out.

The reason I dropped GC wasn't because of Yoshino's writing but because I thought Araki wasn't being his usual over the top self.