AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Dr. Casey

Notices

Conversation Between Dr. Casey and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 249
  1. Triple_R
    Yesterday 23:59
    Triple_R
    It seems we're watching very different shows this season, at least so far. The main overlap is Yuri Kuma Arashi. I'm not able to pick much sense out of its plot so far, but it certainly is a visual treat, both at a SHAFT-y aesthetics level, and also at a very... yuri level, shall we say.

Oh, and I've largely enjoyed the first two episodes of the IdolMaster spinoff.

You might like Kantai Collection. It has some distinct Saki elements to it, and some good action.
  2. Dr. Casey
    2015-01-18 22:32
    Dr. Casey
    This season I'm watching (not counting the carryovers of Log Horizon II and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso):

Assassination Classroom: Very interesting premise, and Koro-sensei's a charismatic character that could carry a series by himself
    Dog Days 3: The highlight of the season for me, I'm a huge fan of the series. At least in my top 20 favorite anime, maybe top 10.
    Kamisama Hajimemashita II: Fun and charming show. I also think it's pretty cool that my fourth nephew was born while the original was airing (December 15th 2012), and that the fifth was born during the Winter season where the sequel is airing (well, December 30th, but I associate him with Winter 2015 since Fall 2014 was basically finished). Cousins linked by Kamisama Hajimemashita
    Seiken Tsukai no World Break: Recommended to me by EroKing-sensei. It's a nice series, I like the idea of all the characters having past lives.
    Shinmai Maou no Testament: It's okay, fairly standard anime so far but I'm enjoying it well enough.
    The Idolmaster - Cinderella Girls: Seems I'm a fan of idol series, since I've watched most of the ones that have cropped up over the last few years; Love Live, the original Idolmaster series, Natsuiro Kiseki. The idolm@ster series from 2011 was a wonderful show, so I couldn't pass this one up. I'm hoping it's two cour like the original.
    Tokyo Ghoul Root A (too lazy to copy and paste the symbol ): A great show for anyone who enjoys morbid material, and I really like how much the main character has changed from the original.
    Yuri Kuma Arashi: I'm checking this out mainly because of Ikuhara; I've never watched Utena, but I very much enjoyed Penguindrum.

How about yourself?
  3. Triple_R
    2015-01-17 12:43
    Triple_R
    So any Winter 2015 anime shows catch your fancy yet?
  4. Triple_R
    2015-01-12 18:53
    Triple_R
    Thanks a lot!

... But I forgot something. ^_^;; In genre categories (B categories), you can only use the same series twice. In other words, you can only nominate a show in two genre categories. So please change one of your LL! genre votes to something else when you get the chance.
  5. Dr. Casey
    2015-01-02 22:53
    Dr. Casey
    Just deleted a couple of older messages, try PMing me again
  6. Dr. Casey
    2014-12-31 03:02
    Dr. Casey
    Yep, agreed. The series merited more than just 190 posts of discussion (I'm sure a few more posts will trickle in, but this is close enough to the final number), and AnimeSuki's still the most generous place I'm aware of towards the show - MAL was a lot more discontented and 4chan was basically nothing but "This show is total shit." I'm glad that you're part of the group that managed to find a lot of enjoyment in it, though. Character-driven series with intense feelings and drama are always favorites of mine, and there's some very interesting characters to be found here, namely Shione and Yuzuki. The fact that Shione's so much nicer in the alternate timeline and that Yuzuki had none of the saucer-inspired emotional instability she showed early on were also well-done elements, as I think it's always fun to play around with the whole nature vs. nurture concept.

A Santa Magica movie trailer, sounds great. Here's the main (and very nearly only, if you discount his Heathcliff form) Kayaba scene, where Kayaba talks to Asuna and Kirito after they finish Sword Art Online.
  7. Triple_R
    2014-12-29 16:26
    Triple_R
    Sora no Method is truly under-appreciated. I'm surprised how little comment its final episode has received, especially given the relative lack of competition due to many other Fall 2014 anime shows finishing off before Sora no Method did.
  8. Triple_R
    2014-12-24 20:47
    Triple_R
    Merry Christmas, Dr. Casey!

Spoiler for Ho Ho Ho!:
  9. Triple_R
    2014-12-08 21:08
    Triple_R
    Love your WIXOSS sig by the way.
  10. Dr. Casey
    2014-12-07 13:56
    Dr. Casey
    That's awesome. I look very dignified and mature, and that's a nice shade of blue for my hair; I could pass for being Sayaka's father. (Well, if it weren't for the fact that I'm only 13 years older than her) Nice work, Triple and Kogetsu. *saves pic*