AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Dann of Thursday

Notices

Conversation Between Dann of Thursday and KrimzonStriker
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 2201
  1. KrimzonStriker
    Yesterday 23:03
    KrimzonStriker
    Huh, might give that a shot then though I think I'll start off with some of my other favorite Italian recipes before trying pizza, like pasta and lasagna No, I pretty much concluded the same thing and am planning to do that before she ever moves out, but I likely still won't be able to do as much as she did, I'll make due with what I can though. Yeah, this insomnia thing has really set me back and I've noticed my physique has gotten worst, but I think now that I'm getting somewhat more sleep I can rectify things starting this week, good luck on your end as well.

True, guess there's no point worrying about it until next year's Gundam/Sunrise anniversary announcement anyway. It's not a good habit though, I end up not getting much done because of my lack of focus in general, so it's something that I need to work on The manga is anyway, and Thunderbolt itself was pretty open-ended in the OVA/movie versions I thought.

Yeah, let me know when you get a chance to see it yourself. Huh, well I wasn't going to check out Build regardless though I did see the dub for Try get uploaded on kissanime recently so I'll see for myself if it's any good I guess.

Eh, that's not likely to happen for awhile with Senzamon pushed out and Gin/Jochiro are still MIA, hopefully they can give him that stern talking to when they show up finally. Well, I think that can will happen in regards to the judging but only when the opponent is of comparably high-skill, you have to back individuality with quality/ability as well however more creative you are after all. It'd possible/likely depending on if/when they're eventually defeated/taken down by our 1st years. Agreed, though that might have just gotten harder now that they've inserted some new blood with Hayama in the mix, I wonder how far Eizan shot up in ranking now that the former is the 9th seat now, kind of shows how backwards/bias Azami's system is given the colossal failure on Eizan's part two arcs ago Getting back to Akira though I wonder what his agenda could be since like I thought Azami's not letting Jun's seminar stay after all, I wonder if Jun might have sacrificed herself so to speak for Hayama's future and that's why he's agreed to join Central since it was her last wish. Yeah, I hope to see more of that between Ryo and Alice in the actual series at some point, and speaking of shipping I'll go back to my previous remarks on by stating that I've never been comfortable about Jun/Akira potential pairing, given the age difference and how she's always viewed him more as a son and how I'm wondering if Akira recognizes the difference in regards to his affection for her, I've personally wanted to see more exploration of Jun and Jochiro's relationship personally where she could end up as Soma's stepmom at some point, but I guess we'll see. Yup, but that's a ways off so we'll have to satisfy ourselves with more small moments like from 175. Yeah, especially that last episode with the fish market part getting cut so much, heck I'm getting worried if Hisako's stargire period will be animated now as well, so I really hope if a season 3 happens that they'll give it more of an appropriate length of episodes. I think so, and I hope you agree with that sentiment as you get further into Altair yourself.

Eh, it's the price we pay for something as unorganized/less streamlined as unofficial fan scanlation and reader sites. Trust me when I say you have no idea until you get at least to that chapter 19 point in the story I marked, and that's just to give you an idea of how big things will get. Speaking of how soon do you think you'll be able to start really diving into the series, I'm really interested to get your impressions of the Altair world as you explore more of it. Pretty much, I'm still confused as to where they're going with it but it seems fine for now at least, not a lot of SyaraonxSakura moments or new characters/reintroduced old characters yet though, they're still establishing the premise with the introduction of a new set of cards now.
  2. KrimzonStriker
    2016-08-22 21:19
    KrimzonStriker
    Once again, sorry about the delay, just been feeling sluggish but I'll see that I get this finished by the end of this week/Friday at most. On the plus side I've got more to discuss now after seeing Kingsglaive and the new Shokugeki release.

Thanks, don't know if I've gotten enough of a hang for coding but it's nice to have on the resume anyway.

Congrats, and I'm glad you found it as enjoyable as I did, and I'm glad they finally semi-resolved that issue. Yeah, though still poignantly sad since Mercedes and Ingway still got screwed the most out of everyone. No I get it, and I'm fine if they leave the format like that but if any series deserved a sequel I think Odin Sphere did, so hopefully the next game they come out with has as interesting/compelling a story line, Dragon Crown was nice but rather lacking in that department. I imagine the schedule's opened up even more now that FFXV has been pushed back so let me know how much progress you make on all that misc. stuff I've sent/recommended along with the remaining games you're wrapping up, in any event I'm going to get started on FE:F next month, got a new credit card I need to spend 500 with to get a 100 back so I might as well get my 3DS now Yeah, I recall now, hopefully you find it useful, but seriously do you have any recommendations as to how to send you a 600+ cbr file for Warcraft Chronicles? Emails impossible and I'm not sure how to upload that kind of format on google drive to share through there with you.

True, though I imagine it'll still be relatively lengthy, but with the new release for XV you should have enough time to finish LG beforehand hopefully. Speaking of, any concerns now that your time has been halved for XV before P5's release? You haven't struck me as a person who goes really crazy on video game purchases so I would have thought picking up only a few titles over a year would have been manageable, still I'm sure things will work out in any event.

Eh, if they're going to continue bringing over the Phoenix Wright franchise as a whole though I generally feel it important to not short the effort by leaving certain titles behind, if for no other reason than to promote the series as a whole, hence my gripe about other franchises that do the same such as VC3, but I digress. Suppose your right, a same as the quality on said RPG's is usually quite good from what I've seen on the Vita. Well, that's encouraging at the very least, wish Nintendo the best of luck now, diversifying the market is always a good thing for the video game industry as a whole.

Maybe, but it feels unlikely if they were able to do HD for VII but not IX, which is the real problem with this, going back to my previous complaint about short changing the effort, if you're going to do something go all the way I say... Same, it's a different look given how little we see of Bruce as just himself, much less getting to play as him, and same here though it'll be a fun watch on youtube at the very least. True, but until VR builds on those steps I think we can move on for now.

Good stuff regarding the Blue Dragon news, it's not a confirmation but it gives me renewed hope for Lost Odyssey. We should a keep an eye then on how they go about adapting it for BC, like you I hope multi-disc's won't be necessary but we'll have to see.

I would expect/hope it would, most RPG's do, even action ones, especially if they cut down on Aloey's commentary. Collectible journals would be nice as well, such as those from Uncharted and the LoU.

Makes sense, as I've said before just do what works for you and let the chips fall where they may and work themselves out.

Fingers crossed then, in any event I'm fully expecting they'll do justice by Thrawn's character whatever happens. At least a couple more seasons I think, Clone Wars got 6 for pete's sake, and with 5 years between then and a new Hope I imagine Disney can keep it going however long they want as long as it's popular.
  3. Dann of Thursday
    2016-08-16 14:55
    Dann of Thursday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9HQ...ature=youtu.be

50 minutes of footage apparently from Chapter 0 through 3, though I'm pretty sure that we're not seeing the full thing unless it's really cut up that strangely. The footage is obviously cut up and there's a CG opening before the beginning of Chapter 1 that isn't shown.

Mixed on the English voices myself and sort of makes me want to switch to Japanese. Though thinking on it more I realize I wouldn't understand anything that isn't subtitled, though that might be restricted to battle dialogue. I think the only voices that really bother me are Cindy and Ignis, though I was actually surprised the latter is voiced by someone actually British.

Game does look rough graphically and there have been impressions mentioning crashes so the extra time looks needed.

Brotherhood Episode 4 came out too and was pretty good I thought for what it explored, though I felt we didn't get as much of Ignis' backstory as I would have liked. I really hope the stuff from these episodes carries over into the games like this baking thing with Ignis.
  4. Dann of Thursday
    2016-08-13 07:49
    Dann of Thursday
    No rush man, really sorry to hear you've had that going on. Never had it myself, but I've seen what it can do so I hope you're able to get past it. Hope you feel better soon.
  5. KrimzonStriker
    2016-08-12 20:25
    KrimzonStriker
    Thanks for all the updates, sorry I've been delayed, got insomnia this past week for some reason so I'm sleeping late and am usually tired during the daytime, will get responses up tomorrow though
  6. Dann of Thursday
    2016-08-12 18:24
    Dann of Thursday
    Haha, so there's a rumor going around from a site reliable in the past that XV has been pushed back to November 29th. I guess they got tipped off from GameStop who received materials with that new date on it but they can't put it up till Sunday. If I were still working there I suppose I'd know.

Still, not confirmed so we'll have to see.

Edit: Alright some pictures have emerged of instructions to place a sticker for 11/29 over the dates on the recent promotional materials and it looks legit. Just waiting for an official announcement and we are supposed to get some new stuff this week at Gamescom.

Disappointing and kind of embarrassing after the spectacle of the Uncovered event. Seems like this was a recent decision so I can only assume they are really having problems getting the game to run well. From what others have said, the extra time could hugely benefit them actually so I guess this is only a good thing. Of course, with that date it also means they have to have a patch for PS4 Neo version ready that will run even better than on the base PS4.

Hell, maybe with the extra time we could see them announce a PC release.

Edit 2: Yep, it's confirmed.

Tabata did a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wepg...ature=youtu.be

Oh and it turns out they are playing Kingsglaive in Austin and at my local theater too. Got a ticket for next Saturday which thankfully I was able to use saved up points on so it didn't cost me anything.

Oh and Sunrise is doing an event for Code Geass' 10 year anniversary. Maybe they'll announce a new project or something. Which makes me feel kind of old when I think it's been that long.
  7. Dann of Thursday
    2016-08-12 08:19
    Dann of Thursday
    Here's a summary of the season pass for FFXV:

“Booster Pack” (DLC #1)

Freely obtain powerful weapons that will give you an edge and make battles more exciting.

“Episode Gladiolus” (DLC #2)

A completely original episode focused on Noctis’ companion Gladiolus. In this episode, you can control Gladiolus as a playable character.

“Holiday Pack” (DLC #3)

Freely obtain a wonderful item pack that will make the game even flashier.

“Episode Ignis” (DLC #4)

A completely original episode focused on Noctis’ companion Ignis. In this episode, you can control Ignis as a playable character.

“Episode Prompto” (DLC #5)

A completely original episode focused on Noctis’ companion Prompto. In this episode, you can control Prompto as a playable character.

“Online Expansion Pack” (DLC #6)

An expansion pack that lets you play a completely new Final Fantasy XV.

No clue on that last one, but some think it'll allow for online co-op controlling the other characters within the main game, whose gameplay they can perfect with these DLCs.
  8. Dann of Thursday
    2016-08-09 16:50
    Dann of Thursday
    Yo, looks like Blue Dragon has been confirmed for BC on Xbox One. As it's a multi-disc game, I think this is confirmation for Lost Odyssey as well as the fact it's developed by the same studio. So that's nice. Though not sure how they're dealing with the multi-disc aspect. I'd think it would be better if they made it so you didn't actually have to change discs.
  9. Dann of Thursday
    2016-08-06 13:47
    Dann of Thursday
    It’s cool man, it happens. I’ve been slowly doing my own responses over the week when I have a bit of time after work.

Maybe they’re trying to take a different approach with the marketing? Though they still announced it a few years ago so it’s not all that different, but maybe they wanted to avoid showing off tons of the game until it was in a more finalized state. I’m thinking to those cases in the past where a game got showed off early, then later on it comes out and doesn’t look or seem to play like that early demo.

There was some gameplay trailer released, though I’m not sure it did too much for me. Actually, it’s a good choice for him since it’s the guy who voiced Garrett in the original Thief games which these take a lot of inspiration from. That’s about what I was thinking too, though I guess I was always unclear whether Emily knew since she was a child or if he told her later. There was that photo near the end of him with Daddy written on it I suppose.
    Fair enough.

They’re determined but Vivendi has been steadily gaining ground. Certainly, but if they did gain control they’d probably just farm the franchises like Ubi had been doing for quick profit and not do smaller project any longer.

I suppose, but I find the only thing that really makes the games rise above is the graphics/presentation. I’d just like to see them also improve the rest to match I guess. I believe that’s the intention with the button dedicated to him, though I wonder what more there is to it than the button. I mean it’d be annoying to press it and have him not do what you intended. I’m curious how many games Norse will go for and what sort of direction we’ll take with it all. I guess, though honestly I’ll probably never play or watch it when I think on it. Yeah, I think the whale thing only started coming up back with MGSV so not sure what’s up with that.

Probably same as ever with their handheld and console offerings all going to one thing now. I suppose it has the benefit of consolidating the teams together and now all the focus is on one system. No clue. Still not sure I’ll play it as nice as it is. The open world nature of it being so huge is sort of a turn off for me the more I think on it.

Not sure, though given that the first game had a number of loose ends, I’d imagine they’d continue from that but it’s always possible they’ll do something to keep everyone up to date. I guess. Not sure why Nintendo would need to commit given this was Square game. I imagine it would be up to Square as to whether they want to put it on the NX or something else. Hell, they could always do the sequel for tablets and smartphones.

Pretty much. And there’s also that World of Final Fantasy game coming out the week before which looks like a fun title using the older style of gameplay.
  10. Dann of Thursday
    2016-08-06 13:31
    Dann of Thursday
    Good point and I guess we also donít know the various sorts of transportation they might have out there to get them there quicker. I could see her still needing to do some work to finally get past it still. Iíd be surprised if we started out with her still down. Yeah, that should be a nice change of pace for him to see what he can really do. Also curious what more she can do with this Silver Eyes stuff. Yeah, we do still need to do that.

Gotcha

Well, spoilers are out so we have our answer. Yes, though one would hope that they could eventually come to terms with it all. Definitely and I admit I do feel kind of bad for Bert. It almost feels like an anticlimactic end for him.

Word Iím hearing is that itís Kaecilius who was a minor villain and underling of Baron Mordo who seems to not have turned yet. Iím expecting it to be a one-off villain that wastes Madsí talents like theyíve done in the past. Yeah that angle could be fun but hard to say. I confess I do have some hope for the solo Batman movie directed by Affleck.

Yep, saw a behind the scenes, though they only showed the art. Iím still bummed we wonít have Mako, but what can you do?

Oh didnít realize there were actual stories with those. Thought they were just missions to give you different scenarios. Also saw a few of those shorts they did for Legion which were pretty good.

Havenít heard anything on what weíre getting yet aside from the Masamune which I believe all preorders are getting in addition to the tribute weapon. Iíll be going that route myself since no one around me is showing it anyway. Thatíd be the best way to do it I agree. Ah, thatís a shame then. Either would be a good choice and having Cor would be especially good since heís confirmed as a guest party member.

Iím hoping for a one on one final battle for him at some point. Yes, heís probably planning to screw everyone over. Yeah, itís more in the film then in the game design. I havenít really gotten anywhere. I actually know a whole bunch of stuff about the characters due looking up stuff in wikis and not caring about spoilers. Been hearing mixed things about the film itself like the battle scenes aren't well choreographed and the plot itself isn't conveyed all that well and that it's really very simple, but that it does look nice with some cool moments.