AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Conversation Between Triple_R and Faerie
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 69
  1. Faerie
    2015-07-31 15:10
    Thaaaank you! How's things going? Enjoying your summer?
  2. Triple_R
    2015-07-29 06:53
  3. Faerie
    2015-07-12 16:08
    Oh, by the way, on a more positive note: I did get a chance to check out the first episode of Gate, and while it's fantasy elements don't particularly tickle my fancy (I'm not particularly into anime fantasy, with the battlepigs, anime elves and all- think SAO style), the main character actually did. Without spoiling anything, I'd say there's another nice, welcome twist on the familiar here, same as with Overlord. I wouldn't vouch for it at this stage, but it's already exceeded my expectations. Hoping for the best
  4. Faerie
    2015-07-12 10:25
    Well... here's the thing: I'm a straight female who does not like yaoi or BL. At all. I hate it. Can't stand it. So I can perfectly understand when people complain about yaoi vibes or whatnot. I don't enjoy watching that stuff either- although in that case, I just don't watch the show, instead of going out of my way to insult its fans, as many male anime viewers tend to do, oddly And I agree with you, getting riled up at a little whiff like that is too much.
    But I distinguish sharply between yaoi/genre and a gay, bisexual or whatever/character in a non-yaoi series (which does not bother me at all), and it rubs me in a million wrong ways when people confuse the two. Especially because two female characters never get the same reaction
  5. Triple_R
    2015-07-12 08:46
    Reading the Ranpo Kitan thread, I can see why you think BL fans have a hard/unfair time of it here. The slightest whiff of yaoi is enough to send some people running for the hills. Geez, I can understand straight guys (like myself) not wanting to watch yaoi as a primary genre, but when the mildest implication of a possible gay romance impacts people like this, it's really a bit much... ^_^;;
  6. Faerie
    2015-07-10 08:29
    I'm glad you liked it! Hopefully it manages to keep up the positive impression

Finally had a chance to watch Chaos Dragon, and I enjoyed it. Reminds me a little of both Akame ga Kill and the strong points of Owari no Seraph. Although the first half was a bit slow, I was swayed by the little twist it put on
    Spoiler for ep 1 (in case someone scrolls past):
    . Probably would've skipped it without your recommendation, after being spoiled by Arslan Senki last season, so thanks!
  7. Triple_R
    2015-07-08 21:49
    You were right about Overlord. While it is in that VRMMORPG subgenre of shows, it's very different from the ones that came before, including SAO and Log Horizon. The main player character is radically different here, and has an army of powerful and loyal NPCs at his command. I like this fresh approach to this story concept, at least so far.

Thanks for the recommendation! It definitely made for a good watch.
  8. Faerie
    2015-06-22 19:17
    Yay! It's from last year - Terraformars. Barely anyone in the west knows it, really ._. Sig is from the current Pretty Cure (which is really very good for a Precure show. First one I was able to get into, actually).
  9. Triple_R
    2015-06-22 19:06
    Very good focus on your new avatar. Excellent face shot. I don't think I recognize the show that it's from though. Is it a new anime?
  10. Faerie
    2015-06-21 16:37
    I had one, but I have zero gfx skills and the unedited version looked terrible. Waiting for someone to have time to magic my requests into a sig/avatar atm. Wonder if you'll like them when they're done