AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Faerie
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 38
  1. Faerie
    2014-11-24 14:49
    Faerie
    Oh dear....! Sailor Moon Crystal, huh? Well. For starters, some positives: the animation quality has improved significantly from what it was during the first few episodes. It's still not perfect, but it's at least decent, sometimes even really pretty now. Minako was finally introduced, and as expected, she is awesome. Queen Beryl has been given more characterisation than before and that's interesting, rounding her out as a villain much better.
    There are the usual issues re voice acting, really dumb villain behaviour and cheesiness and I'm not keen on some of the implications made.

Overall, it's improved quite a bit, while still not being up to expectations in many ways. deviations from the source are starting to show, ymmv on those- you'll either love or hate it. I will say that I'm enjoying the current episodes more than the first few, character development is still lacking, staging can be hit and miss. But as of the last episode you do get a much better feel for the world and a bit of that magical fairytale feeling, which was quite well done.
  2. Triple_R
    2014-11-23 13:01
    Triple_R
    I've fallen way behind on Sailor Moon Crystal. Since you're still following it, I'm curious to get your take on the last few episodes. I hope to hear back from you.
  3. Triple_R
    2014-11-20 07:53
    Triple_R
    I just watched/commented on SAO II Episode 19. I'd love to get your take on it. (Note: Like yourself, I could see where Asuna's mom is coming from).
  4. Faerie
    2014-10-14 13:32
    Faerie
    It's funny, because I was considering both of the shows you recommended, as I'm still looking for a lighthearted show to add to my roster for the season. Thanks for that, I shall be checking them out! The season is looking a bit sparse for me so far. In addition to the previous, I've picked up World Trigger, Shingeki no Bahamut and Akatsuki no Yona for now, out of a dire lack of things to watch.

Now.
    Magic Kaito Only two episodes so far and my memory of the manga is fuzzy, so this is tentative, but let me make a bold statement: this is roughly what I expected out of SMC in terms of rebooting an established series. There is sufficient modernisation and tightening of the dated source material's weaknesses while retaining the charme of the original. It can be silly and whether that's a weakness or part of the appeal depends on the viewer. If you enjoy a bit of lighthearted school drama with a splash of mystery, romanticised crime and glamour, you might enjoy this. It definitely has an oldschool charme to it and I've enjoyed it so far.

Terraformars As someone who loves dystopian sci-fi, I, so far, really like this one. It's no Sidonia though: this world truly and utterly sucks. You don't want to live here. There's a fairly large and likeable cast with some interesting dynamics starting to show in what can only be described a pretty cold, harsh setting. The biggest downside is the excessive, mood-killing censorship here, rather than the gore, if you're squeamish, which isn't visible thanks to the former and the primary antagonist may not work for everyone. I suspect that similar to Sidonia, you will be inclined to draw some comparisons with others old sci-fi shows here.

I'd recommend giving both a try, as these are the type of shows that either work for you or they don't. They're not everyone's cup of tea, but they have their own rather distinct flavour- love it or hate it
  5. Triple_R
    2014-10-12 09:36
    Triple_R
    Sorry for the late reply. I wanted to get in a lot of anime shows before I replied to you, so I'd have a more comprehensive reply. I've watched at least one episode of all of the following:

Shirobako, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Sora no Method, Grisaia no Kajitsu, Amagi Brilliant Park, Selector-Spread WIXOSS, Trinity Seven, Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete, Psycho-Pass Season 2, and Fate/Stay Night UBW TV. I might be missing something, but I think that covers the shows I liked the most, anyway.

Of what I listed above that you might not be watching yet, I strongly recommend Shirobako and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

How I'd promote the two shows above to you:

Shirobako - PAW anime, feels to me like a blend between Love Live! and Bakuman, focusing on the anime industry instead of the manga industry.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - noitaminA anime. Reminds me a bit of Chihayafuru. The premise and overall execution of the show makes me think "Sayaka Miki would absolutely love this show".

Hopefully those promos are enough to encourage you to give them a shot.

I haven't seen Magic Kaito or Terraformers yet. What's your take on them?
  6. Faerie
    2014-10-05 12:35
    Faerie
    Hey! Yeah, the times I was on, I did notice you were less active as well! How are you, apart from busy?
    I indeed have less time to spend online- third year law school has started, so I'm busy pretending to be a functioning adult half the time. It's surprisingly even worse than expected

That said, what are you following so far? I'll definitely be watching the two Gundams, Psycho Pass, Wixoss, Magic Kaito and Terraformars. Haven't seen enough of any other new shows to judge yet.
  7. Triple_R
    2014-10-04 18:09
    Triple_R
    Hey, how's it going? I noticed you haven't been as active on AS lately, and the same is true of me. I know things in RL have become busier for me over the past two months or so, and I guess the same is true for you. Hope things are going well for you in any event.
  8. Faerie
    2014-08-10 11:58
    Faerie
    It did annoy me a fair bit while watching. I thought it was stupid and unnecessary. I didn't mention it much, because this very same awful treatment of the female cast is a staple of the show- it's happened to everyone single one so far, so it was just a matter of time in my mind. Since I saw it coming, I'm trying to ignore it, unless it gets Suguha/Asuna levels of bad
  9. Triple_R
    2014-08-10 10:56
    Triple_R
    I'm honestly surprised you weren't more upset over how Kirito vs. Sinon went down. I thought it was tremendously disrespectful to her character.
  10. Faerie
    2014-08-08 08:28
    Faerie
    No problem! I'm terible with birthdays myself!

I saw that, only just got a chance to reply though Glad you seem to be enjoying it for the most part.