AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Flower
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 113
  1. Flower
    2012-07-06 15:04
    Flower
    I feel that it's not quite so black and white as that as "really not looking out for anyone but herself".

Yes - there were good motivations and the like intermixed. The question was one of what was her primary underlying movement (which does not omit the possibility to have other good intentions and motivations mixed in at the same time, just in secondary or lower places of priority).

That being said - yes, I am of the opinion that her main priority in her hierarchy of values was self interest, as Oreki's sister pointed out.

Someone can definitely do good for others and even be considerate of others while thus motivated - but still the underlying primary motivation is, I feel self interest. It's not a question of either/or as much of a question of degrees and a hierarchy of values. First place for her is self interest, I think.

You know, though - you might look through the novel tl in full on bakabt, b/c I am basing my angle of things equally on what I read there. For example, during the confrontation of Oreki and Irisu the narrator mentions:

Spoiler for Quote from book:

In retrospect it really seems like my take on Irisu has upset something in you somewhere - believe me when I say it was not intended in any way, shape or form, and I hope it does not "get in the way" of our interaction from here on out.

I guess I just accepted some time back that you see things differently, and that's fine. This is just a work of art/fiction/etc., after all, and to my mind in the long view of things it is not worth insisting on to the extent that any kind of wedge be driven between the two of us. So - I apologize again if I have caused you trouble or disturbance inside....
  2. Triple_R
    2012-07-06 14:46
    Triple_R
    I just read your post on Anh_Minh's wall.

... Do you really think that Irisu wasn't looking out for anybody but herself?

Come on, Flower. It's one thing to dislike Irisu, but to argue that Irisu was motivated purely by self-interest is silly. Irisu went out of her way to protect Hongou and to ensure that the movie was a success. That's not the actions of a person who doesn't care about anyone but herself.
  3. Flower
    2012-07-04 22:14
    Flower
    Yeah - kinda thought that might be taking that angle on things.

Well, as I said in the last post for tonight - many thanks to you once again.
  4. Triple_R
    2012-07-04 21:22
    Triple_R
    No, I'm fine with what you wrote on that thread. I mean, I'm not bothered by it. I respect your perspective, and in fairness to you, you're probably consistent with it (I don't recall you praising characters that are very similar to Irisu).

To a certain extent, I just felt like defending Irisu some to (in my view) balance discussion a bit.
  5. Flower
    2012-07-04 14:13
    Flower
    Nothing personal by the way, and apologies before hand if anything I said came across edgy or nasty or offensive ... if we have difference of opinions that is to be expected at times. Please don't take anything I say or discuss as an "attack" at you personally in any way shape or form, ne?
  6. Triple_R
    2012-06-19 16:58
    Triple_R
    Welcome aboard, Flower! Yeah, my aim with that Saki Social Group is for it to be a relaxed place for Saki fans (particularly those of us who like her classic look, of course ). It's nothing too serious. In fact, at that social group, I just put up a pretty open-ended thread.
  7. Flower
    2012-06-18 21:10
    Flower
    Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate is plain romance vn adaptation.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita and Joshiraku are odd ones that could either be stupendous or downright dumb.

Yurumates + is season 1 with more of the same and Dog days 2 is Dog Days 1 with more of the same.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous is a josei manga adaptation - more Noitama I believe. I have hopes for it.
  8. Triple_R
    2012-06-18 20:58
    Triple_R
    Like yourself, I'll be continuing to follow Hyouka and Accel World.

Tari Tari I will definitely be picking up. I'm not too sure after that though.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Sword Art Online and Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. But I'll certainly keep the other shows on your list in mind.
  9. Flower
    2012-06-18 20:50
    Flower
    So then! As regards the Summer 2012 season....

I guess I should ask which series you are most interested in and curious about.

For me it is:

Ongoing: Hyouka, ('nuff said) and Accel World.

Ones I am interested to give a try:

Tari Tari
    Natsuyuki Rendezvous
    Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
    Joshiraku
    Yurumates +
    Dog Days S2
  10. Triple_R
    2012-06-18 20:40
    Triple_R
    I hope you join! I think I invited you.