AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Kagayaki
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 48
  1. Triple_R
    2012-03-28 23:41
    Triple_R
    Well, I think certain things help Kyouko:

1. She had a lot of memorable lines (mainly her villain lines, but still... ).

2. She provided a certain fiery and vaguely tsundere element to the show, which it probably benefited from.

3. She had the best (and ironically most detailed) backstory of the entire main cast, imo.

4. She was in the only significant Puella Magi vs. Puella Magi fight, and she dominated it.

5. She had a lot of range (moreso than anybody else, with the possibly exception of Homura). She starts out as a menacing villain, really, and ends up a pretty compelling heroic figure. The thing with Kyouko is that just about everybody will find something about her that they like.
  2. Kagayaki
    2012-03-28 00:22
    Kagayaki
    Thanks . As usual, life is rough for Sayaka, since her fanbase is probably the most dedicated, but definitely the smallest. So she's the 5th wheel on the Madoka ISML go-kart, which to my dismay is not nearly large enough to be described as a steamroller or a bandwagon. At least she's still miles ahead of Hitomi

I'm curious why Kyouko is somewhat popular though. I don't think she's the best character, but she's my favorite for some reason. Maybe other people feel similarly or something. I wonder if anyone has written about her...

I tried to give you cookies for that Madoka Power Rangers video, but apparently I can't yet
  3. Triple_R
    2012-01-25 11:56
    Triple_R
    Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah, even with 50 vs. 75 I can see a difference. The flow of Shana's air in the 75 Kb gif is more natural/less choppy than the flow of her hair in the AS safe 50 Kb gif. It makes the 75Kb version look much nicer to see. Seeing that is enough to convince me that increasing to 75 Kb would make a positive difference.

Thanks for the help, Kagayaki!
  4. Kagayaki
    2012-01-24 02:44
    Kagayaki
    Re: avatars, few static avatars are more than 25kb at full quality. So if the filesize limit were increased, it would only affect animated avatars. To give you an idea of what the difference between filesizes does, here are some posts with multiple filesizes:
    50 vs 75: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...23#post3950623
    50 vs 100: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...40#post2757840
    50 vs 100: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...80#post2721080

Basically, the more the better, but regardless of the size of the change I wouldn't go around expecting some kind of revolution in avatar making. Which kind of fits, since increasing the size limit wouldn't cause a revolution in overall AS page sizes either. Both the pros and cons of increasing the avatar size limit would probably be marginal rather than dramatic. You'd see mostly the same kinds of avatars being made, they'd just look a bit smoother. As an avatar maker with a fast internet connection, I'd be in favor of these sorts of small changes, although others might not be.

Re: signatures, probably the biggest limiting factor for static signatures on AS is the vertical height limit. I haven't found filesize to be much of a constraint for those. Currently, the only types of animated signatures that are possible are those that are very small, are larger but have very small animated areas, have only ~3 frames, or are specifically designed to have few colors. See Endrance, Godlike, and PreSage's threads for examples.
    Spoiler for So this is 8 frames and ~50kb because only part of it is moving and it has only red, yellow, white and black:
    Spoiler for This, on the other hand, is 13 frames and 360kb:

Animated signatures are uncommon right now because you have to do a lot of work to get any meaningful sort of animation under 50kb, whereas with an avatar you can usually just take footage straight from anime. So if signature size limits were increased, you'd probably start to see more, better, and a wider variety of animated signatures. Depending on your personal tastes that may or may not be something you want to see happen, and depending on the amount of the increase, that change may be big or small.
  5. Triple_R
    2012-01-23 19:58
    Triple_R
    Question I'd like to ask you, please refer to this thread here .

Over the past couple of years, you've made a lot of great avatars and sigs for me, which I'm very thankful for, and so I'm very interested in your take on some of the alternate suggestions made by RelentlessFlame.

In other words, as an avatar maker, how big a difference would increasing from 50 Kb to 60 Kb make for you? How big a difference would increasing from 50 Kb to 75 Kb make for you? I'm just wondering where you'd put "the line" between "good" and "great" for ideal file size for good/great avatars.

I mean, if 75 Kb would be enough to accomplish that shift from good-to-great then it might be a good idea to support that more modest shift. Please tell me what you think!
  6. Kagayaki
    2012-01-17 02:28
    Kagayaki
    Haha, I realized after I had posted it that you had posted the second chapter. The second chapter didn't change my positive impression though

I'll let you know if I think of any more detailed feedback
  7. Triple_R
    2012-01-16 22:10
    Triple_R
    You made your reply to my fanfic like five minutes after I put up Chapter 2. Have you read it yet, or were you responding to Chapter 1 alone?

Just wanted to give you a heads-up in case you just missed the Chapter 2 update.

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback! ^_^
  8. Kagayaki
    2011-12-24 14:32
    Kagayaki
    No problem. Happy Holidays to you too
  9. Triple_R
    2011-12-24 12:24
    Triple_R
    Happy Holidays, avatar/sig design master! My whole year has had some great gifts in the form of avatars and sigs from you. Big thanks again for all of that. ^_^
  10. Triple_R
    2011-12-19 22:24
    Triple_R
    Thanks for the rep! I'm glad you got the joke. Other people on the thread are perhaps taking it a bit too seriously.

Realistically speaking, I doubt Madoka Magica ever gets a Hollywood live-action adaptation. I mean, not even Sailor Moon ever received that, and Sailor Moon was really mainstream in Canada (and I'd imagine it was fairly well known in America too).