AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Kaioshin Sama
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 53
  1. Kaioshin Sama
    2012-01-20 23:40
    Kaioshin Sama
    Tanking most likely, but yeah when I looked at my phone part way through work and saw the Habs were up 4-2 at the end of the third was, "uh oh...better hope Malkin gets a game misconduct or something", but alas he didn't.
  2. Triple_R
    2012-01-20 23:20
    Triple_R
    I just watched a better comedy than any anime I've recently watched.

It was called "Scott Gomez in the Shootout!".

Seriously, that shootout selection left me laughing really hard, lol. I have no clue with Cunneyworth was thinking there.
  3. Triple_R
    2012-01-19 00:17
    Triple_R
    lol, that's funny. I thought you meant LaFleur based on "Flower Decoration of Your Heart", another name for the show, IIRC.
  4. Kaioshin Sama
    2012-01-19 00:15
    Kaioshin Sama
    Actually I was talking about Pekka Rinne

And yeah if most of this team isn't gone by the end of the year I'll be extremely surprised and expect to see Gauthier's head on a pike somewhere on the Champlain as it finally collapses into rubble at long last.

At this rate unfortunately the Habs have one NHL capable line and of course it's the Cole/Pacioretty/Desharnais one. They're the only line that is capable of doing really anything while the others are basically forced to try to do there best to make sure that the other team doesn't score while they are out, which unfortunately still seems to tall a task. To be honest I'd have a hard time seeing the Habs even competing with some of the better AHL teams.

And yet the bottom 3 forward lines are probably still better than what passes for a defense. Realistically only 2 of the defensemen on the team have any business playing in the NHL, but I guess it's fortunate that one of them just got a much needed contract extension.

The problem is how do you fix this. That's maybe like 6 players that are ready to make the journey to the next year with the Habs. How do you fill like 15 roster spots in the span of one summer? Personally I don't think it's possible and this is a team that is going to have to be rebuilt piece by piece over the course of the next several years and sadly by that time most of the players that are any good right now will probably be gone or in the waning years of their careers. So yeah really going to take a miracle to get this team to be competitive again any time this decade.
  5. Triple_R
    2012-01-19 00:14
    Triple_R
    I loved the Guy LaFleur reference on the Rinne no Lagrange series thread.

Nice review of that anime overall too.

As for the Habs, Price isn't the problem at all. In fact, he's one of the few strengths. The main problem is that the PowerPlay was the bread and butter for the Habs in most recent years, and now they can't score on it at all it seems. The Habs also have a harder time scoring, in general, than most harem anime male leads do.

They really need to keep a few core guys (Price, Subban, probably Pacioretty) and blow up most of the rest of the team.
  6. Kaioshin Sama
    2012-01-19 00:09
    Kaioshin Sama
    Yeah well too bad they still lose every other game. Also seeing people blaming it on Price now just kind of makes me face palm. There's some stupid "fans" out there commenting on the situation in Montreal that clearly know nothing at all about hockey. As far as I am concerned whenever a team fails to score or can barely manage a goal towards the end of a game as has happened so frequently with the Habs this year you can't really blame it on the goalie even if it isn't his best game. Point is the Habs failed to score so even if he was lights out it wouldn't have made a difference and you know what, I think he realizes all this and it's starting to effect his game.

Anyway all this hate and trolling...to be honest it wouldn't feel right if something I liked within a particular community didn't get the majority of the hate from everyone else in said community though.
  7. Triple_R
    2012-01-15 23:41
    Triple_R
    Only the Habs can suck like crazy against teams both weak and average, and then beat the team that's tops in the NHL right now.

That being said, the Habs always get up for the Rangers for some reason. Remember the epic 5-goal comeback from a few years back?
  8. Kaioshin Sama
    2012-01-15 23:25
    Kaioshin Sama
    Holy crap we just beat the Rangers didn't we? This isn't a dream, this actually happened!
  9. Kaioshin Sama
    2012-01-02 18:12
    Kaioshin Sama
    I see you had a Westlo encounter.
  10. Kaioshin Sama
    2011-11-06 14:39
    Kaioshin Sama
    Well the big thing with Madoka Magica versus Fate/Zero and Guilty Crown is that in the formers case it wasn't the main character that was the underdeveloped one early on (we knew from the very first episode, arguably the first half of the first episode what drives Madoka as a character and where her strengths and weaknesses were and then they proceeded to build on it through her experiences with the rest of the cast with each passing episode), just a side character that only became really important towards the end at which point they told all and brought her to the forefront quite nicely. In Fate/Zero and Guilty Crowns case you'd expect the two main characters and their antagonists to carry the show, but in actuality it's completely unexpected supporting and third tier characters that are holding things up right now as the main characters struggle to showcase what drives them and where their personalities centers. It's bizarre....

With Fate/Zero I always hear a voice in the back of my head trying to tell me stuff, but it's more a loud hyped up fan type of voice shouting at me that it's the best show of the season and there must be something wrong with me if I can't find it to be perfection defined. Not so much this week, but moreso the previous few.