AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Kakurin-san
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Triple_R
    2016-04-21 19:29
    Triple_R
    Thanks for the reply! It was interesting to hear your thoughts on this. Yeah, it does seem like the NFL went hard on the Patriots mainly to save face publicly.
  2. Kakurin-san
    2016-04-21 15:05
    Kakurin-san
    Mostly NFL-politics. From my perspective the initial problem was that the NFL staff present at the AFCCG had no idea about that Ideal Gas Law, that balls will deflate in cold weather if they had been inflated indoor. With their "knowledge" about a discrepancy in the measured PSI at halftime to the inflated PSI prior to the game they thought they caught the Patriots cheating ("We measured the balls, you are in big f***** trouble") and somebody leaked it to the press as soon as the game was over.

From there it was quite impossible for the NFL to admit that they screwed up without embarrassing themselves to an extreme degree which led to them taking the charge to put the hammer down. Goodell didn't need to worry about negative repercussions since nobody outside of New England would believe the Patriots' version anyway after "Spygate". As soon as news of supposed New England cheating broke their were guilty in the eyes of the public. From later reports it also seemed like the other owners backed/pressured Goodell into issuing heavy penalties. That's the cost of success I guess, if the Patriots were a 3-13 team nobody would've cared about it.
  3. Triple_R
    2016-04-21 14:42
    Triple_R
    Question: Why do you think the NFL went so hard on the Patriots over "deflate-gate"? I mean, given what you just wrote in reply to me on the Ao no Kanata thread.
  4. Kakurin-san
    2014-05-13 13:15
    Kakurin-san
    I wonder how the heck we got back to the school system discussion in the Mahouka thread. Seems like there is even more disagreement than I thought, though a part of it seems to stem from people who are plain and simply dissatisfied with the way the author wrote the first arc of the story and the world building. Well, I'm tired of going on and on about that so I'm out of that loop.