AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Conversation Between Triple_R and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 481
  1. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-11-11 13:23
    Spoiler for Utawarerumono episode 6:
  2. Triple_R
    2015-11-11 10:35
    Check out RRRound Table to get my take on Utawarerumono Episodes 3 and 6.
  3. Triple_R
    2015-11-09 02:40
    After I get caught up on Utawarerumono 2, I'll give you my take on it. That probably won't be until Tuesday/Wednesday though, for reasons you can probably guess.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-11-08 03:55
    I know you're pretty busy ATM, but I'm interested in your thoughts of the recent Utawarerumono 2 episodes, particularly 3 and 6. Especially six - I suspect it's a solid episode even for newcomers to the franchise, but as a franchise veteran there was a lot I was able to infer about Kuon and her past from that episode.
  5. Triple_R
    2015-10-21 16:30
    A few odds and ends:

1. I'm very glad to hear that your appreciation for Honoka is increasing. Yes, I think she captures the genki girl archetype very well. I can certainly understand you still putting Eli and Nozomi ahead of her, though. Both have a certain elegant beauty to them, and a playful/sophisticated manner of speaking.

2. Please share me pictures of that theatrical Honoka cosplayer once you get a chance. I'd definitely like to see that.

3. Between new NHL season, and my fanfic writing, I'm about a week or two behind on most of the Fall 2015 anime shows I'm following. That includes Utawarerumono 2. Once I get caught back up on it, though, I'll make sure to share my take on it with you.

4. Speaking of my fanfic writing, I very much hope you liked Chapter 4 of Fate/Halloween Night, as M0ef0xZer0 was the star of a scene in it.

5. You know people are polite when they act polite even when drunk. Thanks for sharing that little story with me.

6. Just so you know, the person who referred Akuma Kinomoto to you was probably me. I discussed it with him before, and I couldn't think of many good matches for Eru/Oreki. I know that you also liked Hyouka a lot, and that you tend to watch more romance anime than me, so I figured you'd be a good person for Akuma to turn to for this particular request. I hope you don't mind.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-10-21 02:15
    Honoka has actually risen considerably in my ranking of Love Live characters over the past year, just because I've come to agree that yeah, she's one of the best executed genki girl types out there. Nozomi and Eli are still my favourites though.

BTW, the Love Live cover group at the event I was at last weekend had a fantastic Honoka - her performance had a very theatrical quality to it. Will post photos when I get the chance.

Speaking of animal ears, have you seen episode 3 of Utawarerumono 2 yet? Much as I think Kuon is the far more interesting character, Rurutie is adorable.

BTW, last night I had a drunken cyclist yell an extremely slurred "excuse me" at me twice before he nearly run down my girlfriend and I (plus some nearby seniors) from behind. It felt like some sort of surreal comedy sketch about "polite Canadian" stereotypes.
  7. Triple_R
    2015-10-14 12:33
    I came across this image on a pixiv image search earlier today. It instantly made me think of you. "Here's a pic that might give 0utf0xZer0 a deeper appreciation of Honoka Kousaka!" I thought to myself.

I hope you like the pic.
  8. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-10-08 03:08
    I'm not sure Kuon is going to be my favourite character in the show as Rurutie looks pretty adorable. But I'm highly impressed with her character so far. There were some really powerful woman in the original, but Kuon feels different - more like an ordinary woman who happens to be very competent in the face of danger. Her profession (traveling apothecary) makes it make a lot of sense too.

(Come to think of it, that ordinariness also reminds me of Eruruu. They're both pretty down to earth characters.)
  9. Triple_R
    2015-10-07 17:09
    Thanks for the info. It might be fun to go back and watch the original Utawarerumono after I'm done the new one.

By the way, I like how Kuon is a "woman of action". She feels well-balanced to me overall.

And the tail-grab scene was really well-done.
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-10-07 03:26
    IIRC you haven't seen the original Utawarerumono, right?

As such, I can't help but point out that they're throwing in some shout outs to the original:
    Let's just say I knew what was about to happen the instant Haku noticed Kuon's tail. Kuon being an apothecary is another notable one. While Kuon is more of a "woman of action" than Eruruu was (from the trailer, I'd say Rurutie's personality will be much closer to Eruruu's than Kuon's), her profession hearkens back to Eruruu being an apprentice healer in the original (both Eruruu and Kuon are the first character the protagonist meets in their respective series).

Just thought you might find that interesting.