AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 468
  1. Triple_R
    2015-08-10 21:10
    Triple_R
    Nice reply on that thread I linked you to!

Yeah, I see your point on Sakurasou. Factors like that definitely play in some to what name/title I use when referring to an anime.
  2. Triple_R
    2015-08-07 16:49
    Triple_R
    I'm a bit curious to get your take on this.

Granted, it's not the most intense anime topic around, but it's one of some value that surprisingly I don't think we've ever talked about before.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-07-17 02:40
    0utf0xZer0
    I haven't had a ton of free time lately but to an even greater extent it's been a matter of focus and attention. Those are finite (if regenerating) resources, and when they drop below certain levels I get really reluctant to get involved in much. I'm not even as up on current shows as I typically am right now.

That, and these days I hand out here mainly to keep track of what people like you and Pocari are thinking (I lurked a lot of your posts on Euphonium, Seraph and Charlotte* among others), participating in the threads themselves has become more of a secondary concern.

*I liked Charlotte's second episode a lot, Key humour can sometimes be a miss for me but I like the hunt for the archery club captain quite a bit. And I thought Euphonium was great last season, though I never got quite as into it as with Hyouka. The both had some fantastic artistry and drama, but I think they differ a bit in pace - Euphonium is very driven, Hyouka is a little more meandering and stops for a hundred fun little moments along the way, which amusingly seems pretty fitting when you look at the storylines. Those hundred little moments are part of part of what gives Hyouka it's edge for me though.

Weekend will be busy as it's first of the two big, full weekend anime cons held in Vancouver each summer. And I'm not even done with the photos from the smaller events over the past few months...
  4. Triple_R
    2015-07-15 20:56
    Triple_R
    Been busy lately? I have to admit I've missed your presence on the boards themselves lately.
  5. Triple_R
    2015-06-29 07:53
    Triple_R
    Thanks a lot for the birthday greeting. Don't worry about the lateness, as I'm often bad with time zone differences myself.

I hope to get back to your PM later today sometime.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-06-29 01:37
    0utf0xZer0
    Happy birthday - belated I guess when time zones are taken into account.

Attended another mini convention earlier this weekend, will probably drop a preview later (doing a full sort and edit of my photos from the day is going to take a while, I haven't even finished with the ones from last con yet...).
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-06-09 18:48
    0utf0xZer0
    Sequel, it's based of a new RPG that Leaf announced in 2011 then didn't talk about for like four years.

That new visual is actually pretty similar to what I remember the 2006 anime looking like, which perhaps shouldn't be surprising as the character designs are being adapted by the same person.
  8. Triple_R
    2015-06-09 03:49
    Triple_R
    Is this new Utawarerumono anime a remake, a sequel, or something completely new?

The main page for it that you linked to certainly has a very nice visual on it.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-06-09 03:43
    0utf0xZer0
    Looks like I have a new most anticipated anime for 2015:
    http://utawarerumono.jp/
    The original helped make me the fan I am today:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUxribpvKTo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0S_yHjwM9w
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-05-26 04:10
    0utf0xZer0
    I suspect I'd like Kimikiss if I found the time to give it a good shot but that's tricky to find. I did watch a couple episodes of it at one point but not with the sort of serious commitment I seem to need to clear anything from my backlog.

I actually am making some good progress on clearing Yahari Ore S1, Kagihime Monogatari Eikyuu Alice Rondo, Onegai Teacher, Umi Monogatari and Asatte no Houkou from the backlog but that's because I'm watching those with my girlfriend when she's over to work on her costumes (we break when she hits really tricky parts). Asatte no Houkou has been a realy standout so far.

BTW, I've also been fairly impressed with recent Plastic Memories episodes though definitely not to a "it's a classic" extent.