AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 441
  1. Triple_R
    2015-01-14 08:08
    Triple_R
    Thanks for posting that as a VM. I'll have more to say in reply to that VM later today. But an idea recently came to me. For various reasons, I want to keep discussions on this idea private, so I want *that* conversation to be strictly over PMs. It has to do with Madoka Magica: Pure Pink Pretty Lovers, a fanfic I wrote a long time ago that you read some of, IIRC.
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-01-14 01:53
    0utf0xZer0
    Posting here because I know you worry a bit about freeing up inbox space:

-I really like gorgeous, slightly moody romance dramas with likeable pairings and some good wham moments. Nagi no Asukara did a pretty good job with all that - for me it isn't a classic like EF, but it's pretty darn good.. The fall VN adapdation trio of Ushinawareta, Grisaia and Daitoshokan? All decent shows IMO, but none reached the same highs.

-Your observations on my taste are astute and mostly accurate. Just remember that I do like some atmosphere and drama mixed in with my light and fluffy bits - with all due respect to Yuki Yuna and NagiAsu, IMO this was a better year for light, fluffy and charming series than for dramatic ones, so my choices are a little bit skewed in that direction.
  3. 0utf0xZer0
    2015-01-05 15:17
    0utf0xZer0
    I kind of had to split the one point off because public debate doesn't happen on my schedule. Will try and respond to the rest later.
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-12-28 16:44
    0utf0xZer0
    Spoiler for Yuuki Yuuna 12:

I still don't consider it a strong ending, but in a way it actually feels fitting as I've generally thought of the Yuuki Yuuna's subtle, low key nature (relative to what's going on) as the key thing that differentiates it from Madoka.

BTW, Unlimited Blade Works did have a very strong season finale and at this point the plot has deviated quite a bit from the 2006 version. Or at least, I think it has - it's starting to become clear to me that I don't remember all that much of the 2006 version.

Just thought you might want to know.

(I did actually flip through a bit of the 2006 version just to see if it would jog my memory... and man, it has not aged well animation wise.)
  5. Triple_R
    2014-12-26 19:11
    Triple_R
    Yuuki Yuuna is still one of my five favorite anime shows of the year. While the ending wasn't quite what I had hoped, it was also a lot better than it could have been, and I'm largely content with it. On the whole, Yuuki Yuuna was a very pleasant surprise for me, probably the nicest surprise of the year (I expected to really like Love Live! Season 2, of course).

I might do up a list of my Top 10 Anime shows of 2014 over the next few days. I doubt I'll write up a long blog for it, but I'll probably write a paragraph or so on each of the 10 if I settle on 10.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-12-26 01:29
    0utf0xZer0
    I'm debating whether to advise you to let your own thoughts on Yuuki Yuuna settle before reading the fan theories or to dive right in. Because some of the possibilities raised make me like the ending a lot more - Argent Solbright's speculation in particular comes to mind, but I feel that Konakaga's also makes the show feel a bit less deus ex machina as well.

Prior to reading those theories I have to admit I was underwhelmed by the ending but still would have considered it my favourite show this year just because it had such a long run of strong episodes.
  7. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-12-25 01:25
    0utf0xZer0
    Merry Christmas to you too!

For me M0ef0x is a little too much of gag character to displace the real Itsuki but I'm glad you like the character so much.

(Subs for Yuki Yuuna 12 should be out tomorrow right around when my family traditionally takes a midday break between morning and evening traditions. Nice timing.)
  8. Triple_R
    2014-12-24 20:44
    Triple_R
    Merry Christmas, m0ef0xZer0!

I will always have a special place in my heart for Yuuki Yuuna's Itsuki thanks to you.

Although now I think I prefer her in orange and yellow instead of green.
  9. Triple_R
    2014-12-22 19:21
    Triple_R
    I've also stalled some Fall 2014 shows, with my fanfic writing being a big part of the reason why.

Yuuki Yuuna, Sora no Method, WIXOSS, Shirabako, SAO II, and Psycho-Pass Season 2 are the Fall 2014 shows I'm caught up on and/or finished. Just on the basis of the first five of those six (PP S2 was a bit of a disappointment) it's been a very good-to-excellent Fall 2014 season, I think.

I might go back and marathon Amagi Brilliant Park, Trinity Seven, Fate/Stay Night 2014, etc... later on after Christmas.
  10. 0utf0xZer0
    2014-12-21 04:02
    0utf0xZer0
    There's a lot of other info I can share sometime when the two of us have more time, I ran across a ton of interesting things on fan sites while researching how to get Red Alert 1 and C&C 1 to run on 64 bit Windows (solution: use a fan patch, there's a couple excellent ones available that also add support for higher resolutions) for a nostalgia themed segment I want to do at my Christmas break LAN party. For now I'll just mention that I think Carville's scenes in Red Alert Retaliation provide a interesting bridge between RA1 and RA2 tone wise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBGLtn15h9Q

Yeah, finally getting around to replying since I've been super busy this week, between exams, Christmas prep, and late night studying screwing with my internal clock.

I liked Yuki Yuuna 11 a lot (Karin...), though at the moment that, Fate and Sora no Method are the only shows I've found time to get up to date on.