AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Conversation Between Triple_R and Dr. Casey
Showing Visitor Messages 111 to 120 of 270
  1. Dr. Casey
    2013-04-13 02:09
    Dr. Casey
    My schedule is pretty congested the next few days, but I'll be freed up again on Thursday (the 18th), so I'll review within the next day or two after.

And is the adorable girl in that avatar of yours from Love Live? I haven't watched the show, but the art style rings a bell.
  2. Triple_R
    2013-04-11 15:22
    Mami Romance, the Conclusion, is up.
  3. Triple_R
    2013-04-09 21:29
    Thanks a lot for the great reviews for Taste the Rainbow. I'm honestly impressed you took the time to review each short chapter when I posted them all up at once, lol.

And I'm glad Chapter 4 was particularly rewarding to you. I admit I've come to like writing "sexually aggressive" Madoka, lol. I found it hard to imagine at first, but I think I've found a way for her to be like that but still be in-character.

One thing that I'll admit that helps me for H-scenes is finding thought-provoking "hot" fanart. And then trying to write a believable scenario surrounding it, lol.

For example, Taste the Rainbow was actually inspired by this.

"How can I write a narrative that would believably lead into this scene, and how would I write this scene itself?" - That was a lot of my thinking behind Taste the Rainbow (the anime Chuunibyou and my own fondness for MadoSaya were also keys, of course).
  4. Triple_R
    2013-04-03 21:08
    I think it's pretty obvious Subaru is "into" Teana. Remember how Subaru once woke up Teana with a breast grope?

Plus, I still remember that hilarious bit that a subber once added to a Nanoha StrikerS sub job - "Rainbows are straighter than Subaru".

Now, whether Teana feels the same way about Subaru is debatable...
  5. Triple_R
    2013-03-29 09:18
    Thank you! I'm glad my humor and sarcasm came through effectively.

I'm honestly amazed that someone who watched the first 15 minutes of the movie would pick those NanoFate and Fate scenes to remove, but leave untouched the material around it that are primarily there to support those scenes! It is truly mind-boggling.
  6. Dr. Casey
    2013-03-29 01:21
    Dr. Casey
    Let's look at the 44 seconds that came before it. First, a brief and throwaway bit focusing on a DAB ship out in space, and Chrono and his girlfriend talking about Nanoha and Fate's reunion. You'd leave this in, but take out the actual reunion. I have to say, if your intention is to destroy NanoFate, I'm genuinely impressed at the pure evil genius of leaving this bit in given that you've just removed the NanoFate reunion itself. Talk about heart-wrenching tease! We have 2 minutes of lead-up to the reunion, and Chrono/his girlfriend talk about the reunion, but we don't show the actual reunion.
    This almost made me spit out my drink on my computer screen. Well played.
  7. Triple_R
    2013-03-28 01:07
    You'd swear that Nanoha and Fate were kissing each other and forcing a 10 minute long break into the movie to focus on them going to the movies together, given the way some are complaining about NanoFate focus on that thread.

All we're getting is frankly what's to be expected of friendship focus on the two main protagonists in a movie where the two are close friends. This is absolutely nothing compared to, say, a buddy cop film (think Men in Black). Yet that's basically what Nanoha and Fate are in this movie - The anime equivalent of buddy cops.

Anyway, I greatly appreciate your support, Dr. Casey. It means a lot to me. I probably won't be on AS too much over the next couple of days, though, so I might not have much fight left in me for the Nanoha movie thread, lol.

And yes, that Sayaka quote is definitely very fitting for what the Nanoha A's movie experience has been like for me, lol.
  8. Dr. Casey
    2013-03-28 00:51
    Dr. Casey
    I like your passion. Especially since, as I stated before, I agree with you in there on just about every solitary sentence. It does baffle me how Fate's very standard amount of attention is so exorbinant, or how the scarce amount of NanoFate is so insulting (I hardly remember any NanoFate at all aside from their brief training scene, their initial, quickly-paced reunion, and... um, that's about it, honestly). I do think that many of those on the other side of the fence are disgustingly biased and irrational. On a personal level I like each and every Nanoha forum regular a lot. They're great people. But the forum itself is... well, basically the rectum of AnimeSuki. It's always been a suffocatingly negative place.
  9. Triple_R
    2013-03-28 00:39
    Nanoha and Fate are two of my 10 favorite anime characters of all-time. Nanoha is my favorite anime character of all-time. I'm not going to just sit back and watch people totally trash one of the most lovely and heartwarming friendships in all of anime. Frankly, I'm pretty disgusted by how supposed Nanoha fans have nothing but hatred, complaint, and degrading comments when it comes to the main pairing of the entire franchise, a pairing that contains Nanoha herself of course.

And I find it odd that nobody bats an eyelash at two kid characters that display a slight crush for one another if they happen to be of the opposite sex. Just look at AnoHana, and flashback scenes in Kanon and Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, for three examples of this. With boy/girl, this sort of innocent crush is just seen as, well, innocent and cute. But for some reason, if it's two young girls, that somehow makes it waaaaay more creepy.
  10. Dr. Casey
    2013-03-28 00:18
    Dr. Casey
    Originally Posted by Archon Wing One Week Ago
    We should have subs for the 2nd Nanoha movie this week, fyi.
    Originally Posted by Sayaka at the start of episode 4
    Looking back, I was clueless. I knew nothing about miracles or the price you had to pay for them.
    You know, 52 posts later, Sayaka's dialogue actually applies quite fittingly to your experience with Nanoha A's. I never would have expected the movie to result in this colossal an argument.