AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Dr. Casey
Showing Visitor Messages 131 to 140 of 219
  1. Dr. Casey
    2012-08-17 08:53
    Dr. Casey
    Hmm, I should clear out some of my PM Inbox once I get home. >_> Kept on slipping my mind, it has.

It's great that you were able to find yourself a job! I'm not sure just what the economic situation is like in your region of Canada, but over here in the States finding work can be a nightmare; I could probably find a few dozen needles in random haystacks before finding a place that's hiring. So what is the new job?

As for the bad side of the news... hmm. This actually reminds me of something from my own story. The October of 2010, there was one day where I decided to quit working on the story I'd been writing since December 2006, the story that at that point was already a bit over 2,000 pages. There were various reasons for this, the main one being that it sapped so much free time and was such a massive undertaking. (For a bit of perspective, the story finished this February at 3,234 pages, so I was only about 60% finished with the project; I knew painfully well at the time that there was still a considerable amount of writing ahead of me.) The thought of leaving behind the characters and the world I'd grown to love, though, and of leaving their story unfinished, left me so pathetically sad and brokenhearted the next few days that eventually I said "Okay, forget this, I have to start writing the story again." And now, I'm very, very glad that I didn't stop and have the completed story to show for it.

I'm not saying that quitting is the wrong thing to do, of course, but I think that if you leave the project unfinished, there might always be a bit of sadness whenever you think back upon the story. It's kind of a bitter feeling, the could've beens - especially when the current story arc has such potential that the could've beens would surely be a very powerful and interesting story. There might be alternatives to quitting altogether, like going at a slower and more leisurely pace; writing 10-15 minutes before going to sleep, for example.

But it's all up to you, naturally. If this is indeed the last we'll see of PPPL, then it's been a great read; but if you ever pick the story up at some point in the future, even if that's a year or two or three or four down the road, I'll be here to read and review.
  2. Triple_R
    2012-08-16 18:10
    Triple_R
    This was a PM I wanted to send to you as well, but your PM Box was full, so I'm sending it to you here. It's in spoiler space below.

Spoiler for PPPL Related:
  3. Triple_R
    2012-08-10 21:04
    Triple_R
    Thanks for picking up for me in the Rating System thread. I appreciate it.
  4. Dr. Casey
    2012-08-02 08:20
    Dr. Casey
    Thanks, Triple! Lucky Star characters are the best. I wish that as a birthday present someone would have reviewed the newest chapter of PPPL, I'm super curious what everyone thinks. >_>
  5. Triple_R
    2012-08-01 10:22
    Triple_R

Hope your birthday is a great one, Dr. Casey!
  6. Triple_R
    2012-07-31 15:26
    Triple_R
    So the fanfic bit that I PMed to you... Do you think it's Ok, or is it too weird?
  7. Dr. Casey
    2012-07-31 08:58
    Dr. Casey
    Done.

10 characters
  8. Triple_R
    2012-07-31 08:42
    Triple_R
    You'll probably need to delete one more PM for what I'm sending you to fit. Sorry. ^_^;
  9. Dr. Casey
    2012-07-31 08:13
    Dr. Casey
    Just deleted a PM, so send it to me whenever you're ready. ^^

Oh, and to answer your question, I actually love Aizen-Yuji. His deep, smooth voice is very easy on the ears, his voice and personality combining to form a ridiculously powerful aura of pure manly awesomeness, and it makes Yuji that much more complicated and interesting a character. Though I generally enjoyed Shakugan no Shana III (Even if the human elements of the series were sorely missed sometimes; the series feels a bit empty and lacking rewatch value because it's mostly a fighting marathon) and liked the old characters just as much as ever and the new characters quite a lot too, its plot wasn't the most coherent. The transition between Shana II's ending (The love letter scenario) and the beginning of Shana III's storyline (Yuji being absorbed by Snake of the Festival) was... um... nonexistent? >_> I still don't really understand much of what I watched, but I enjoyed myself because the character development, the artwork, and obviously the action are things I do understand.
  10. Triple_R
    2012-07-30 22:20
    Triple_R
    I'd like your help with something, if you don't mind.

I've hit a bit of a writer's block with the Madoka is Alone chain of Mami Lives. Now, I've actually wrote something up for part of it, but I'm seriously wondering if it's too unbelievable to take.

Would you mind it if I PMed you/e-mailed you what I wrote? I'd like to get your take on it before I go through with making it an official part of my PMMM fanfic.