AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Dr. Casey
Showing Visitor Messages 201 to 210 of 277
  1. Dr. Casey
    2012-07-22 18:51
    Dr. Casey
    I was going to finish up the review during class tomorrow (I sadly didn't get to work on it during Thursday and Friday like I'd hoped to for various reasons), but here's what I've got so far.

Spoiler for Part 1 of 2, dumb 5000 character limit:
  2. Triple_R
    2012-07-22 18:24
    Triple_R
    About my PPPL fanfic... you don't need to get completely caught up in one big reply to the thread. If you want, you can post what you have already done, and leave the rest for later. I have to admit that curiosity is killing me, and I'm eager to know/read what you've already wrote, lol.
  3. Dr. Casey
    2012-07-21 19:02
    Dr. Casey
    Aye, I just deleted a message so that you can send it to me. ^^ The 100 PM limit tera-sucks, I wish it was higher.
  4. Triple_R
    2012-07-21 19:01
    Triple_R
    Just so you know, you'll need to clean out your PM Box at least a little bit to receive Part 2 of a certain scene from me.
  5. Triple_R
    2012-07-18 15:42
    Triple_R
    Awesome news! 7 Paragraphs already... Wow! You know how to properly hype up your replies.
  6. Dr. Casey
    2012-07-18 11:07
    Dr. Casey
    ;_;

The General Discussion thread might work!

I started writing my PPPL review. Got the first seven paragraphs written. Expect it Friday, I think.
  7. Triple_R
    2012-07-17 18:02
    Triple_R
    Hhhmmm... unfortunately, some School Days subforum threads are now closed.

Ah well. Anyway, I do definitely think that School Days is an underappreciated work. I'm pretty sure that if it had come out after Madoka Magica, it would have been lauded as a very bold and breathtaking deconstruction of harem anime.
  8. Dr. Casey
    2012-07-17 11:08
    Dr. Casey
    That poster was completely right. School Days is such a misrepresented show, I thought it was very carefully and meticulously-written, but people on message boards just make it out to be some mindless dramafest where the characters act only according to the whims of the plot. Ah well...

And I would definitely be very much interested in reading your review. I'll check it out soon as it's posted.
  9. Triple_R
    2012-07-16 20:45
    Triple_R
    lol, well, I was surfing ANN's forums, and they had a thread about "Most Overrated/Underrated" anime of all-time. One poster mentioned School Days as one of the most underrated anime of all-time, and he wrote "I'm pretty sure it was meant to be a deconstruction". And I thought "Yes, somebody else who realizes that about School Days!"

That left me feeling nostalgic about the show, and so I decided to check the old School Days subforum here on AS. I then noticed that I never did end up doing a proper series review of School Days here on Anime Suki because the School Days subforum was neg rep central back when I watched the show.

It then occurred to me that it might be fun to write up a proper series review of School Days here on AS (what I wrote on Rabbit Poets was more of a character study breakdown)... if only the show wasn't Retired and hence in a dead subforum.

But now that you mention School Days, I could go ahead and post a series review in that School Days subforum if you'd be interested in reading it. School Days has aged well for me, I'll say that.
  10. Dr. Casey
    2012-07-16 19:36
    Dr. Casey
    Triple! I saw you browsing a few School Days threads earlier. What made you decide to reminisce about the best anime of all time, my friend?