Happy birthday, Triple ^^ I've always thought of the 30s as being a person's prime, the perfect blend between youth and maturity. I still remember that on your 30th birthday you were using that pretty Noe avatar from True Tears, which was always one of my favorite avatars of yours. I will make sure to reply to your PMs before too long, but I will say that your ideas for the remainder of the route all sound very nice.
(I don't know who Angela and Victor are, I just went around town stealing birthday cakes from random homes because your birthday is more important. Or maybe I just found them on Google. It is a mystery)
Terrestrial Dreamer. I haven't chatted a lot with him, but I've noticed he's made some good posts on the Valvrave and Gargantia boards, and he's into mecha like I am (probably even more than I am). So that's cool.
I've heard some interesting stuff about Ore no Imo 2. I might check it out at some point just to see how silly the show has become, lol.
Some of the more salient points.
- Kyosuke's "father" is actually his older brother. Grandfather Kouska was an emotionally and physically abusive father; Daddy Kousaka eventually snapped and murdered him, trying his best to forget that such a person ever existed by deluding himself into thinking that he was Kyosuke's father rather than his older brother.
- Manami belonged to a biker gang when she was younger, and one time around a year before the story began, beat up Kirino while in a drunken rage. Kyosuke merely stood there paralyzed in fear as he watched Manami bloody up Kirino. That lacking protection is the reason Kirino feels so hard towards Kyosuke during the series proper. Manami felt guilty over the incident and turns over a new leaf, becoming the cute girl we meet during the series itself.
- Kirino is kidnapped by a pizza boy and raped at the pizzaria where he works. Enraged, Kyosuke visits the pizza parlor with a gun and kills all six of the workers on the current shift. Once he comes to his senses, Kyosuke and Kirino flee Japan to escape from the long arm of the law.
- Three year timeskip after Kyosuke and Kirino flee. Kirino works at a call center, Kyosuke has joined the Harlem Globetrotters.
- Kirino isn't real, but rather a figment of Kyosuke's imagination he created to deal with the loss of his true sister, Kasumi (who Manami killed in her assault one year before the story begins). Kyosuke gave Kirino an abusive personality because he feels that he deserves to be punished for his failure to protect her. Kuroneko and Saori aren't real either, Kyosuke just invented imaginary friends for his imaginary sister to keep her happy.
- Kyosuke's mother isn't real. Kyosuke just dreamed her up to help cope with loneliness. Also, Kyosuke's father died three years before the series started. He simply keeps him around as another imaginary friend to help cope with the loss.
- Manami committed suicide from guilt after killing Kasumi. The "Manami" we see Kyosuke interact with is yet another figment of his imagination, the boy pacifying himself by imagining a kinder version of Manami, the kind of person she perhaps might have become had she not left this world so terribly early.
It's certainly taken some very interesting turns, to be sure...
My recovery is going faster than expected In part because I haven't been pushing myself much. I'm told I might fully recover by the end of August rather the originally stated late September/October. I certainly don't feel anywhere near as sick as I did this time last month.
What are some of your core beliefs and values, out of curiosity?