AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 451
  1. Triple_R
    2015-11-13 09:40
    Just replied to you on RRRound Table. Will probably look at your UBW review in the next day or two.
  2. Triple_R
    2015-11-07 21:05
    Sorry for not getting back to you more lately, and thanks a lot for your RRRound Table contributions.

I've been pretty absorbed in a major fanfic project recently. Once that's clued up, I hope to catch up more with some of my AS friends, including you.
  3. Last Sinner
    2015-08-24 10:58
    Last Sinner
    All good, mate. Thanks for letting me know.

I've had a crappy case of insomnia for the last week. Today was the first day in a fair while I had a productive day. When another tennant decides to cook at 4am in the morning, makes getting proper sleep rather hard....

Hope things turn out well on your end.
  4. Triple_R
    2015-08-24 10:32
    I just wanted you to know that I intend to get back to your most recent PMs to me in a few days. Last few days have been busy for family reasons. Things should settle back down again sometime on Wednesday or Thursday.
  5. Last Sinner
    2015-07-09 21:53
    Last Sinner
    The collection of Aria series is in my personal top 5.

You start with Aria the Animation.
    Then comes Aria the Natural
    Then Aria the Arriety.
    Then Aria the Origination.

Aria the Avennire is appearing on the releases of the BD versions of those three aforementioned series - which won't be until 2016. I don't think they were being shown on TV.

Aria is just brilliant. It's rather utopian but in such an utterly awesome way myself and loads of my friends just lap it up. Gondoliers on a water-terraformed Mars. That's Aria in a nutshell. It has no equal/similar title.

The director behind it, Junichi Sato, also did the original Sailor Moon adaptation, Kaleido Star and Sketchbook: Full Color'S. He's had a decent career. Certainly knows how to take care of the visuals.

In other words: Trust me on this one like you did with Marimite. It's that kind of recommendation.
  6. Triple_R
    2015-07-09 20:05
    Akagami no Shirayuki-hime is also my favorite Summer 2015 anime show so far. But like you said, it is pretty tame. Ideally, it would be something I watch to compliment an edgier or more thought-provoking or more ambitious show.

Asshole-ish male leads seem to be growing in popularity lately. It's not just Charlotte, as I see some of this in a few other recent anime shows. I wonder what this might say about the modern anime fandom, at least in Japan itself. Part of me is relieved to see the classic Love Hina! style milquetoast "doormat" male lead fade away, but I wonder if what's replacing them will be good for anime or not...

Aria is one show I've heard a lot about it, but have never tried before. With you mentioning Aria the Avvenire, maybe now is a good time to give it a shot. Do you recommend Aria?

There's a couple Summer 2015 anime shows I've tried that you might like, but I think I'm going to wait on 3 episodes worth of content first before I decide to recommend them to you or not. Opening episodes can be misleading sometimes, and I wouldn't want to recommend something to you that you end up hating because of this sort of thing.
  7. Last Sinner
    2015-07-09 19:50
    Last Sinner
    Gave this season a shot.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime was the only thing I saw anything in. Female lead is decent, art is decent's all....very...tame....

I don't know how Key went from Angel Beats to Charlotte. The male lead is beyond repulsive and so is the premise.

Rokka sounded like it could have been interesting but every character irked me as did the battles.

God Eater - ufotable lowering their standards.

Gangsta - I could find it within myself to say to other people to watch this. But I ain't watching anymore of this. I'm so over gangsters/mercenaries/etc.

Cbf with the glut of sequels of shows I didn't like anyway.

So yeah - I'm patiently waiting until Code Geass: Akito the Exiled eps 3-4, Aria the Avennire and that October title about the adult female and teen male investigating bones emerge.

Beyond underwhelmed is the only way I can describe how I feel about 2015 anime.
  8. Triple_R
    2015-06-28 09:42
    Thanks a lot! Good life in general to you to, LS. Hopefully your Winter will warm up sometime in July or August (for a Northern Hemisphere guy like me, it feels so strange writing that, lol).
  9. Last Sinner
    2015-06-28 00:20
    Last Sinner
    Happy birthday, R3. Hope your day goes well and life in general.
  10. Last Sinner
    2015-06-15 22:03
    Last Sinner
    Thanks for your concern. The last couple of days have been better. 2 weeks after this thing started, I think I might finally be seeing the tail end of it.

It's been an abnormally cold start to winter here. So I only go outside when absolutely necessary.

There are things like Charlotte and God Eater that aren't sequels but....stuff like that gives off a fair amount of SOS (same old stuff) resonance. But it is a very sequel-oriented season. Durarara x2 is clearly a focal point of attention, Working has somehow re-appeared for more, the list goes on. For the last three years, July has had a fair amount of appeal. It's very marginalised this year. This whole year is, to be honest.

The amount of One Outs and City Hunter I've watched the last couple of days has increased. A couple of weeks ago I rewatched some of Garden of Sinners. I'm re-kindling motivation/interest in the medium.