AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 342
  1. Last Sinner
    2014-07-22 01:07
    Last Sinner
    Some of the cosplay winners from AVCon 2014. So glad Riven and Yasuo won 1st place in their category.
  2. Triple_R
    2014-07-17 18:34
    Triple_R
    Hope AVCon goes great for you then! I look forward to hearing how it went after the weekend.
  3. Last Sinner
    2014-07-17 18:15
    Last Sinner
    I'll be flat out at AVCon for the next 3 days running screenings and the quiz night. Intense yet good times incoming hopefully.
  4. Last Sinner
    2014-07-13 10:39
    Last Sinner
    Finally got to announce our Friday Night screenings for this year's AVCon.

https://www.avcon.org.au/anime/friday-night-exclusives/

It's a fairly big deal to be able to get material that current at a convention. Doing business with Crunchyroll certainly paid off.
  5. Last Sinner
    2014-07-13 08:50
    Last Sinner
    Mira is pretty win. Very different from the norm, refined yet quite sensual. Somewhat in the vein of Asagi Ryu but more...natural, maybe? In the sense that lately Mira is going for settings more earthy/rustic/before modern times or at least settings with more earthly features.
  6. Triple_R
    2014-07-13 07:00
    Triple_R
    Pretty good and fair assessment you wrote of the first episode of SAO II and the Sailor Moon remake. I agree with you on how both shows seem to be aiming a fair bit for comedy so far.

With SAO II, I like how the game is a gritty gun-based one. That's a nice change of pace from elf-world.

I found the first episode of Sailor Moon 2014 pretty good. As a teenager, I sometimes enjoyed just chilling out to Sailor Moon. It was a fun watch, nothing to take all that seriously (much like DBZ). It'll probably continue to deliver simple enjoyment for me.

And thanks for the doujin you linked to! I just finished the first Chapter, and it looks promising so far. Very nice artwork and I like the foreign otaku nature of one of the characters.
  7. Last Sinner
    2014-07-12 07:48
    Last Sinner
    Have fun then. Whenever is fine, mate. I've been hardly here lately myself since my exam/assignment period got rather intense. It ended a week ago and I've finally recovered from that.
  8. Triple_R
    2014-07-12 06:36
    Triple_R
    Just so you know, July 12th (the second Saturday in July, this year) is a local festivity, and my family is fairly busy with it. The festivity also started early yesterday with parades and fireworks. So I'm going to be pretty busy until tomorrow noon or so. I'll try to get back to your latest VMs and PMs around then.
  9. Last Sinner
    2014-07-11 23:11
    Last Sinner
    Watching the 1st eps of Sailor Moon Crystal and Sword Art Online 2 - I'm somewhere in the middle on both.

SMC's artwork is fine, but the backgrounds - they're pretty shabby. The permanently hyper nature of this version of Usagi - at least in voice - takes a bit of getting used to. But it's fine. We'll see how it goes once more manga-adherent episodes come in. I don't really feel it to be that shoujo, in all honesty. I feel it more like a comedy so far.

SAO 2 - Yeah, I kinda felt this was somewhat like a comedy. That whole first episode, Kirito was all 'I'd have to be utterly stupid to get back into this again considering what happened last time!' Info dump episode is never a good start for a 1st ep and usually something only established franchises can get away with. I suppose the guns will be blazing in Episode 2. I think as long as one remembers the absurdity and pinches of salt required with SAO, one can handle it.
  10. Last Sinner
    2014-07-11 01:54
    Last Sinner
    Some epic animation fail. Take note of the voices. No idea what show this is, but I think I'll avoid it.