AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 401
  1. Last Sinner
    2015-02-23 01:19
    Last Sinner
    My biggest concern was that there is already a sickening amount of stuff out there that is drawn/made purely to depict idols being assaulted/raped as a subversive sub-culture to idol culture. So seeing this used for a title that - while I find idol material utterly unwatchable - has been a better representation of its genre, was pretty chilling. The fact so many people find it funny disturbs me even more.
  2. Triple_R
    2015-02-22 07:08
    Triple_R
    I honestly hadn't come across any of these Biden/LL! mash-up pics - I did see an Obama/Nico mash-up pic once that was really well-done (Obama was making a hand-pose similar to the Nico Nico Nii so that was amusing).

So anyway, I looked up "Joe Biden Love Live!" on Google, and... yeah, these are very creepy. I can't help but admire the photoshop skill in blending 2D animated characters with real life people in photographs, and doing it so seamlessly, but yeah, I also have to agree with you on how these pics are creepy and disrespectful to the LL! girls.
  3. Last Sinner
    2015-02-21 23:12
    Last Sinner
    Really wish people would stop posting that Joe Biden x Love Live meme...it's so damn creepy....Not to mention disrespectful to the Love Live characters....
  4. Last Sinner
    2015-02-20 18:46
    Last Sinner
    His highs include the epic Macross: Do You Remember Love? movie, which really was the benchmark and trigger for series getting a movie. Macross Zero - a lot is good about it but a lot kind of never gets resolved or is very bewildering. Macross Frontier - don't even get me started....

The underlying issue with Kawamori is you can't expect a coherent story for the long haul.
  5. Triple_R
    2015-02-20 14:38
    Triple_R
    My issues with Acquarion EVOL largely related to the love quadrilateral in it. IIRC, Okada's writing impacted that more than Kawamori's did.

Basically, I think that Okada's approach to romance is a bit heavy-handed for a mecha show. It might work in something like True Tears, but it can overwhelm the story a bit if mecha action/conflict is supposed to be a key part of the story.

That being said, I'm not *that* familiar with Kawamori's work in general.
  6. Last Sinner
    2015-02-20 09:04
    Last Sinner
    Tabby has a point. He can be good at one moment then go completely off the deep end the next. But you were into Escaflowne, so I guess you're familiar with his shenanigans.
  7. Triple_R
    2015-02-20 00:31
    Triple_R
    You know, I honestly do miss the fun/flashy sort of mecha shows that you tend to get with shows like Aquarion EVOL and Valvrave. Yeah, they can be dumb sometimes, and their character/romance handling is often far less than perfect, but they're also very amusing and enjoyable rides (most of the time) and make for great "water cooler/shooting the breeze" talk.

So thanks for the heads-up on the upcoming Aquarion sequel. I'll definitely be looking forward to it (though I hope Kawamori calls the shots more than Okada this time, presuming both are still involved).
  8. Last Sinner
    2015-02-20 00:11
    Last Sinner
    So apparently specifics of a new Aquarion series are being announced on March 20.

Hopefully it won't be an entire series of Kawamori and Okada both trying to kill each other via spite.
  9. Last Sinner
    2015-02-19 08:15
    Last Sinner
    So, what did you end up picking?
  10. Last Sinner