AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 231 to 240 of 451
  1. Last Sinner
    2012-08-02 04:31
    Last Sinner
    A statement I made was considered spoilerish. Even though as usual, I was restraining myself.

Yes. I haven't enjoyed a single thing here for quite a while. This place is not doing me any good at present. I don't understand or appreciate the perspectives or what people talk about anymore. The SAO talk is just making me even more furious than F/Z did - Ep3 whinging/finger-pointing/righteousness was a joke. SAO has become the rage topic of the year and the forums here are helping fuel it - as is any online community.

I'm an anime fan to enjoy the medium. If I'm going to go to a forums, it's for the point of worthwhile, overall positive discussion. As far as I'm concerned, discussion had become very bland and too self-pandering. Positivism is being championed and honesty/substantiated argumentatitve discussion is being demonised.

I refuse to be a part of that anymore. It's not AS itself that is a problem. It's that modern negatives within anime fandom are being nurtured out of control. And AS has become a breeding ground. Unless that changes, I'm not just withdrawing from AS. I'm withdrawing from everywhere. I'm more than ready to live this hobby alone. As Crispin Freeman said to me when I interviewed him, the anime culture has become a self-pandering one that is little risk/innovation and catering to those already within the medium. It's getting harder and harder to present a group of non-anime fans a title they can appreciate or at least have heard of.

I'm also angry about the formation of Hanabee - I found out from Siren's people at AVCon what the real deal was and it's pretty disturbing. I don't wish Hanabee any success at all. Their head honcho is scum and did some pretty dastardly things leading up to him leaving Siren.

The first bti of fun I've had talking about anime in months was at a panel I did at AVCon. Only 25 people due to an ill-timed slot we were assigned, but the atmosphere there was great. Everyone got in on the chat as we talked about titles and it was just a really fun hour that was EXACTLY what I want to experience in discussing anime. I'll have a recording of it sometime soon. And talking to Crispin Freeman and going to his Mythology Panel - what a champ. The guy knows A LOT and isn't arrogant about it. He is so willing to explain what people in his position normally don't. He has a very open and honest view about the medium. I wish there were more like him.

Either way, I just need time away from it all. I haven't been able to watch anime in months. I need some time to enjoy it once again. Online discussion, IRL discussion, AVCon, society in general - it's all becoming a major pain and a burden that one shouldn't have to bear. So I'm chilling for as long as I need. And if I never come back, so be it.

If you want to keep in contact via other means/places, more than happy to.
  2. Triple_R
    2012-08-02 03:37
    I was wondering what caused your recent ban. Do you plan on taking a break from Anime Suki? I mean, given the "Farewell for now" VM you just sent me.
  3. Last Sinner
    2012-08-02 02:59
    Last Sinner
    Farewell for now.
  4. Last Sinner
    2012-07-22 12:23
    Last Sinner
    Okay, here's the deal. In the novel, the time skip wasn't merely 20 floors - IT WAS SEVENTY-FOUR. And that chapter after what happened in Ep2 did contain Asuna. As did all the others such as Klein, Egil and some guy that is hellbent on killing Kirito. Without being spoilerish, the crux of Sword Art Online actually revolves around Asuna as much as it does Kirito. As I tried to tell Sackett - But I doubt he'll listen; hardly anyone in that thread seems capable of listening or caring - there are VERY MAJOR plot points that strictly revolve around Asuna. There is a time and place for them to be apparent and now is not the time. That point in time was something that occurred over flashbacks across several novels. A-1 figured 'let's not be pedantic about early material like Fate/Zero was. The later material matters more. Get this lengthy flashback done in one episode and get to what people what - Asuna!' I bet you by the end of Episode 5, people will be wondering why they even had issues or feel not so severe about them.

The point I am trying to get across to people - which I can only speak about so much without irking the mods - is that the light novels were told in a very non-linear fashion. The anime is being presented in linear fashion. Which means that events that occurred novels apart now have to be put together. This is not going to be seamless. However, this is hardly a mess and I don't know what people are arguing about. I'd rather some early irrelevant stuff got overlooked in favour of getting the pacing of what happens between Kirito and Asuna - and the others - done right. Because there is a lot to do and there's only 22 episodes left to get through it. That 3rd episode was merely a bridge. The adaptation was actually as about as accurate as it could have been. So...why people are complaining is beyond me and disgusting me. It seems to be like the reverse of Fate/Zero, this rage. People loved it early then raged about the latter part being rushed because they wanked around being too detailed in early episodes. Sword Art Online is focusing on adapting the core parts in detail, but meh, people are so overreacting these days and expecting melodrama aplenty. Seems a cooler character like Kirito just isn't acceptable. Bollocks to that - he is awesome.

I don't rate the show highly yet. It's at an 8/10 level for me so far. But having read where it goes, I think it can be my fave show of 2012. I just wish people could see the bigger picture. They are getting butthurt over something trivial. Have some freaking faith and let A-1 do their job, people!

Speaking of butthurt...why is there S & M in your sig....

Well, if it's Asuna you want, check your PM box.
  5. Triple_R
    2012-07-22 12:03
    Well, I know what it feels like when a show you were really pumped for runs into a lot of heavy critique. So you have my sympathies there.

I certainly don't think that SAO is a botched adaptation already. Each individual scene is fine, it's just that the flow between them... well, it takes some getting use to.

Also, I hope that SAO soon starts giving us characters other than Kirito to start caring about. I won't deny that no Asuna was disappointing to me in Episode 3, given how much I've seen her hyped up by SAO fans (and for understandable reasons, she looks great).
  6. Last Sinner
  7. Last Sinner
    2012-07-16 09:45
    Last Sinner
    Sorry for the inactivity but AVCon is on in a couple of weeknds from now and I'm organising two events and helping on a 3rd, so time has not been on my side lately.

SAO Ep2 was good. Still yet to move into great territory, but all in good time. Kirito-Asuna interaction was at the level I wanted to see. Kirito feigning badass at the end was a good touch. But yeah, I'm king of avoiding that forum due to the amount of people posting spoilers. I noticed you've made a thread about it - sounds like you've been spoiled on it. Fortunately I haven't yet. Seems like RF has taken a very harsh stance on it, which is good.

I tried Muv-Luv Total Eclipse tonight. Was very underwhelmed. Yep, it's only SAO this season for me. *shrug*
  8. Last Sinner
    2012-07-10 08:01
    Last Sinner
    I can see why Tari Tari will be liked. But argh, it was slower than K=ON and less interesting. And K-ON was borderline watchable, so I dropped this before I even reached halfway through the ep. Jinrui made me disappear faster - not my style of comedy.

Unless Muv-Luv is worth watching (concerned since they're not adapting the good stuff), I'm only going for Sword Art Online.
  9. Triple_R
    2012-07-08 13:34
    I agree on Sword Art Online. It's a very clever way of making a classic style fantasy show where lives are at stake... but the setting is still kind of/sort of real world Japan so the otakus will find it easier to get into.

In all seriousness, it is a good show.
  10. Last Sinner
    2012-07-08 12:00
    Last Sinner
    Decent start for Sword Art Online. Let's hope it delivers long-term. I'm badly in need of a good fantasy series - been years since I've had one.