AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 231 to 240 of 342
  1. Last Sinner
    2011-12-08 02:19
    Last Sinner
    It's nice to know someone around here openly thinks that. I'm getting berated big time for saying that in the F/Z Ep10 thread.
  2. Triple_R
    2011-12-07 15:14
    Triple_R
    Right off the bat, I love your new Chihaya avatar. Very nice!

Now, as for Tokiomi and Kotomine, I agree. After Episode 1, my hope for these two was that Tokiomi would continue to push Kotomine into situations that he would steadily feel more and more conflicted over, and there'd be a personality conflict at play. Alas, Tokiomi's incredible degrees of inactivity as basically left Kotomine as a free-agent, to do whatever the hell he pleases. That does take a bit of an edge off of both characters, which by extension hurts the Kiritsugu/Kotomine feud a bit.

As much as my Tokiomi sig was originally indeed as a simple joke, I'm increasingly seeing how Tokiomi's characterization may in fact be causing serious problems for Fate/Zero as a whole. I hope that Tokiomi starts actually doing something soon.
  3. Last Sinner
    2011-12-07 10:37
    Last Sinner
    Your Tokiomi sig is amusing yet sadly true. The downsides of that behaviour is also making Kotomine stale for me. He was a very intriguing, sly character in FSN. I think he's been underused thus far. Kiritsugu and Tokiomi have had some form of development - Kiritsugu being the anti-hero, Tokiomi not quite as much but right off the bat in Episode 1, he was willing to do some cruel stuff to get what he wanted. Kotomine's internal conflict between good and evil just hasn't manifested at all yet. It's his main drawcard and it hasn't been touched upon.
  4. Last Sinner
  5. Last Sinner
    2011-11-28 05:57
    Last Sinner
    Spoiler for Normal Ending for Heavens Feel:

Spoiler for Heavens Feel True Ending and the one Nasu indicates is the real ending out of all five:

And there you have it. Yes, Heavens Feel is much longer, darker, involving, detailed, chilling and uplifting. I'd order the individual routes as Heavens Feel, Fate and Unlimited Blade Works for my preferences. For the indivudual endings, it would be:

Heavens Feel True
    Fate True
    Unlimited Blade Works Good
    Umlimited Blade Works True
    Heavens Feel Normal

Heavens Feel certainly uncovers a lot of evil players that weren't quite as apparent the first time and certainly brings to light how much hell Sakura was forced to go through. Nasu refers to Fate/Zero as Heavens Feel 'Urobuchi style' aka more extreme. But even within such a dark arc as Heavens Feel, Nasu still does what I like about him - his characters go through extreme conflict, their belief systems are challenged, they make mistakes - some unforgivable - but they keep going and find a way. Even someone as forsaken as Sakura can find salvation within the Nasu universe. Shirou's concepts of heroism that persisted through the Fate and Unlimited Blade Works arcs certainly crumble in Heavens Feel as he adopts a completely different set of ideals. But frankly, he needs too. Fate route, he has ridiculous luck and the best Servant in Saber to save him over and over. Unlimited Blade Works, again Saber is ever reliable despite the merry-go-round and the Archer factor spurs him on. This time, it's something different, harder and the mistakes hurt more. But he still finds a way and it's the one route Sakura gets salvation. Nasu's themes on heroism, atonement, love, abuse, salvation - they ring true in all the arcs but the most in Heavens Feel.

Having now played through FSN and read Fate/Zero in novel form - I'm now convinced Fate/Zero will mainly be entertainment and show. Urobuchi's themes won't be as deep or complex. The content will be darker - even darker than Heavens Feel. There will be far more villains and anti-heroes. My main question is - will Urobuchi be able to connect the dots to Nasu's Fate/Stay Night? I guess he will overall but not in the detail I think is required. I think somehow things in Fate/Zero make more sense after playing Fate/Stay Night in full.

Anyways, Fate/Stay Night the game is incredible. You should play it. For how good a story it is as well as to allow things in Fate/Zero to make more sense.
  6. Last Sinner
    2011-11-28 05:38
    Last Sinner
    Spoiler for The epic finale:
  7. Last Sinner
    2011-11-28 04:16
    Last Sinner
    Spoiler for All hell breaks loose:
  8. Last Sinner
    2011-11-28 01:12
    Last Sinner
    Spoiler for The calm before the storm: