AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 231 to 240 of 355
  1. Triple_R
    2011-12-20 01:47
    Triple_R
    It's scary how many of my favorite anime characters are on your two lists.

However, I guess I just expect a certain level of drama in anime, and so anime characters doing things that create needless drama (being drama queens or male characters that take difficult paths) is something I roll with. As much as I love Kamina, for example, I don't think I'd want to be friends with somebody like that in real life, because he'd become awfully tiresome after awhile. But it's that sort of "larger than life" and real loud personality that I like in fictional characters. I look at it the same way I do pro wrestlers - being entertaining is more important than being someone I'd want to be friends with.

As for Tomoya, I admit you have a good point with how he treated Ushio. Yeah, that really bothered me as well. However, I'm a firm believer you can't really help falling in love with a person... but given your take on Nagisa, I can understand how this doesn't really help your assessment of Tomoya.

Though I consider Kyon to be a good character, it's nice to see somebody else realize that the dude can be every bit as hard to deal with as Haruhi is (just in different ways), so their conflicts are a two-way street. Kyon isn't as innocent in their personality conflicts as some people make him out to be.

Oh, and I pretty much agree with you on Kuroko (she's the main reason why I dropped Railgun, lol), Mikuru and Renton Thurston. Some other characters on your two lists I don't care much about either way.

Anyway, thanks for the response. If nothing else, your honesty and frankness are refreshing. You're certainly not afraid to knock down some of the most popular anime shows and characters around, but you don't troll about it either. You're simply honest and up-front about your assessments and tastes, and it would be cool if more anime fans were like that.
  2. Last Sinner
    2011-12-20 00:27
    Last Sinner
    Oh boy, here comes a real can of worms...

Okay. The reason I watched Clannad/played it was for Kyou and Tomoyo. Also Kotomi to an extent. Tomoya would be about #3 on my most despised males in anime list and Nagisa is #2 on my most despised females list.

My 10 most despised females:

10. Kyouko from Working. Slack, cold and does nothing but eat and put down her customers. Get bent.
    9. Mizuho from Please Teacher. Spineless crybaby that just lets things happen to her.
    8. Eureka from Eureka Seven. Emo as hell, elusive, then sickeningly sweet at other times.
    7. Revy from Black Lagoon. Never seen an anime chick be so unattractive when naked. Thanks for ruining my shower fetish, bitch.
    6. Yuki from Haruhi Suzumiya. So what if she's cute? Bores me to no end.
    5. Mikuru from Haruhi Suzumiya. Spineless and a rape joke target. Sickening.
    4. Shana from Shana. RieKu and loli filth.
    3. Kuroko from Railgun. Even more extreme loli filth.
    2. Nagisa from Clannad. Miss 'I forgive anyone and accept anything, I'm the perfect otaku/jerk companion!' doll.
    1. Madoka from Madoka Magica. Useless as anything and I get denied the satisfaction of seeing her get owned. Damn it.

10 most despised males:

10. Renton from Eureka Seven. What kind of idiot cuts his arm open to settle someone down?! Or does all the other stupid crap he does?
    9. Koyomi from Bakemonogatari. Smarmy prick.
    8. Amuro from Mobile Suit Gundam. Immature brat that never grows up and makes the worst decisions. How the hell did he start a never-ending franchise?!
    7. Touma from Index/Railgun. Smarmy, sleazy, slimy prick!
    6. Ryner from Legend of the Legendary Heroes. Emo slacker lead that helped bury what could have been a good title. Freaking dirtbag.
    5. Ichika from Infinite Stratos. For the love of...You naive, insensitive fool! PICK ONE! JUST PICK ONE! OR AT LEAST NOTICE!
    4. Kyon from Haruhi Suzumiya. You arrogant, egotisitical, ever sarcastic killjoy!
    3. Tomoya from Clannad. He had all the potential in the world. And he wasted it. He was the victim of his own decisions. He chose to not overcome his troubled childhood and let it weigh him down. He toyed with everyone's emotions. He let himself be carried by Nagisa and her family. He let Ushio down for five years. He made the decision to go with a girl destined to die young. HIS DECISIONS were what caused his misery and misfortune! No sympathy from me!
    2. Shinji from Evangelion. Thanks for making spineless males in fashion for forever and a day, you little worm!
    1. Kamina from Tenga Toppen Guren Lagann. Biggest cock-thrusting, jockish, arrogant, egotistical, reckless, brainless fool I've ever seen. Only good thing he ever did was die. Listening to him is the equivalent of having oral forced upon oneself againt one's consent.
  3. Last Sinner
    2011-12-19 22:49
    Last Sinner
    That IS OVA was a joke...1 minute of Houki service and 23 minutes of pandering. Seriously, that show should have been much better but it can always flaunt its 15k average as justifying its existence.

The FMA v FMA:B argument is ongoing. Yes, the second one was more loyal content-wise. But I liked the music, animation and vibe of the first one more. I've never been able to watch the second one much. Also find it hard to read the manga because Arakawa's art style bugs me big time. Plus the factor of having to watch nearly 20 episodes before the divergence point - that's a real trial.

Meh, most of the animes I've liked this year have sold low or will. Chihayafuru, Usagi Drop, Mirai Nikki, Boku wa Todomachi ga Sukunai. Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate would be bigger selling ones. I still have no idea how I feel about Steins;Gate though.
  4. Triple_R
    2011-12-19 22:45
    Triple_R
    Just noticed that you expressed satisfaction over Tomoya losing in ISML. What's wrong with Tomoya? I thought he was a really great character. Mind you, I don't think I've ever read your take on Clannad or its characters, so there's a lot I probably don't know here.
  5. Triple_R
    2011-12-19 22:36
    Triple_R
    I'm with you on F/Z vs. Infinite Stratos. Even with the box set release issue factored in, F/Z falling short of IS would look pretty bad.

Also, thanks for pointing out the specific reasons why Brotherhood didn't hit the success of the original FMA anime.
  6. Last Sinner
    2011-12-16 10:48
    Last Sinner
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CskdjjbctJA]

Get ready, man. The best Canadian wrestler still in action is gonna be back on the 2nd of January! Jericho's return is imminent!
  7. Last Sinner
    2011-12-14 03:39
    Last Sinner
    I can't post in that Episode 11 thread anymore. Why is there so much hate purely towards Saber?! After one episode, now she's supposedly a selfish bitch who deserves everything that happened to her?! Freaking double standards rife in that thread. The point of the episode was to show Saber, Rider and Archer all had valid points and merits to their approaches, but also glaring flaws. Yet people only want to bash on Saber for her flaws and pretend Rider was perfect. I'm sick of their one-eyed nonsense.
  8. Triple_R
    2011-12-13 13:31
    Triple_R
    It's funny that you mentioned that about Escaflowne, because that's part of the reason I had a hard time getting into it (the similarities between it and El Hazard).

There's so few anime shows that literally take their characters into another world that when you see one, you tend to think of another. Maybe that's why there's not more of these.

I appreciate your comments on Fate/Zero mainly because they're different, and well-stated. There's a considerable general consensus that's surrounding that show, and so it's nice to read different opinions on it, particularly from someone who's liking the show, just for different reasons than a lot of people do.
  9. Last Sinner
    2011-12-13 11:19
    Last Sinner
    Haven't finished it yet, but I will. A major hinderance factor for me is that every moment I watch this past the 'ported into other world' scene, I can't shake the feeling I want to watch Escaflowne. El Hazard seems okay. I'll say more when I finish.

And thanks, my man. Finally some love for talking Fate/Zero after all the 'WTF are you smoking?' comments I've copped for weeks. You are too kind.
  10. Triple_R
    2011-12-13 10:45
    Triple_R
    lol on Triple H vs. Alexander/Iskander. That would indeed be great. Watching them in a duel of words in the middle of the ring would be fun too. Rider really does have a great personality for pro wrestling.

As for Kamen Rider, I'm vaguely familiar with it (mainly due to comparisons I've seen between it and Madoka Magica, lol), but I haven't seen it. I might check it out though if you think it's worth a watch.

By the way, did you watch any El Hazard after, as per our bet? I'd be curious to know your take on it. Don't be worried if it's mostly critical. It has some flaws even in my eyes, to be sure.