AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 271 to 280 of 449
  1. Last Sinner
    2012-04-16 09:44
    Last Sinner
    Mysterious Girlfriend X Ep2, Lupin: Fujiko Mine Ep2, Space Brothers Ep3. Three freaking brilliant episodes! Most fun have I've had from currently airing material in about two years. This season is giving me good times.
  2. Last Sinner
    2012-04-15 07:59
    Last Sinner
    Mysterious Girlfriend X, Space Brothers and Lupin: Fujiko Mine will be my shows this season. Boys on the Slope was disappointing. The rest was painful, Sankarea being the most extreme example of that.
  3. Last Sinner
    2012-04-12 10:48
    Last Sinner
    True, but when the issue of Character A vs Character B being a voting one for 6 months is at hand, care factor suddenly goes up. I voted mainly on the premise of who I'd rather have to vote for over and over.
  4. Triple_R
    2012-04-12 10:34
    Triple_R
    A fair number of girls this round that I'm either unfamiliar with or "meh" over. I assume much the same is true for you when you have a lot of abstains, lol
  5. Last Sinner
    2012-04-12 10:21
    Last Sinner
    Think this might be the only time this year I have less abstains than you, heh.
  6. Last Sinner
    2012-04-08 12:59
    Last Sinner
    Manga readers claim Zetman is 15 volumes long and the adaptation is going to condense that into one season. So...no idea how that will turn out.

Space Bros. fits in somewhere between Planetes and Chihayafuru for me. Gritty, masculine reality of the former and the youthful optimism of the latter.

Lupin: Fujiko Mine - For a few minutes, I thought it was a Shaft show...then I just sat back and lapped it up because it turned out not to be. It's so incredibly indulgent and gratuitous, but Fujiko is still allowed her class, allure and feminista like in the 70s series. I'll be amused to see how you find it.
  7. Triple_R
    2012-04-08 12:55
    Triple_R
    I've seen Space Bros. That's really good, with a masculine style to it and neat bits of easy-to-grasp humor. I very much dig it, so it's a continue for me as well.

Zetman is Ok, and I'm still encouraged by it, but I'm a bit more cautious now. The first episode was kind of rushed, but I'll see what it's like when it gets some of the fast-paced setup out of the way.

I haven't watched Lupin yet, but I will give you my take on it once I do.

Fate/Zero S2 kicked off with a great Episode 14, imo.
  8. Last Sinner
    2012-04-08 12:50
    Last Sinner
    So what have you seen so far this season? Lupin: Fujiko Mine and Space Brothers are definite continues for me. Zetman is a maybe.
  9. Last Sinner
    2012-04-05 14:06
    Last Sinner
    I can't help but feel the point of Eragon's discussion was so quickly lost. Why do things around here get so ultra-defensive about the current era? Can't they appreciate that some people aren't that enthused about the last few years or the way their preferred genres are now presented? I'd seriously love to see how some AS people would react to the people I meet every week IRL or month at convention meetings. Not even Okada could script how that goes - I promise you that. *shrug* That thread was pretty much over when it was established times change and what target audiences and a given point in history want change with the times. But somebody had to throw a spanner in the works...
  10. Last Sinner
    2012-04-02 02:56
    Last Sinner
    Sorry for slightly delayed reply, had an IRL errand to attend to.

Okay, titles in April.

Definite trys:

Apollon (dream team staff and unique idea, have to try this)
    Accel World (seems cool plus Sunrise)
    Uchuu Kyoudai (seems interesting)
    Lupin remake (it's Lupin and hopefully Okada won't ruin it)
    Shining Hearts (Tony Taka artwork)
    Fate/Zero (gets better after weak start and main characters stop hiding)
    Nazo no Kanojo X (Seems interesting)
    Tsuritama (It's noitaminA, might as well)

Maybes:

Saint Seiya remake (old school fighting sequel)
    Gon (could be interesting but I'm confused about the seinen tag for something cutesy looking)
    Jormungand (interested if White Fox can continue to succeed)
    Zetman (in need of a good horror after years of letdown after Elfen Lied set the mark for me)
    Natsu-iro Kiseki (could be good, could be bland, might as well see for myself)
    Sankarea (Worried since it's Deen but the scenario sounds intriguing)

Will not:

Eureka Seven sequel - Original was 50 eps that drove me up the wall for 40 of them. Plus lotus flowers give me the creeps for life.
    Saki sequel - Game was okay, wasn't into the anime.
    Queens Blade sequel - there's far better ecchi/borderline hentai/hentai in existence.
    Upotte - Do I really have to say why?
    Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - Looks creepy plus Xebec.