AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 271 to 280 of 462
  1. Last Sinner
    2012-05-22 07:54
    Last Sinner
    It's good you can still get worked up, but...correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem rather fatigued/jaded lately.
  2. Last Sinner
    2012-05-20 06:28
    Last Sinner
    I really should never read anything that has written by 'Carl Kimlinger' in it ever again then.

Kawamori a hater of humanity? Kind of but more in the sense he's a nature lover that takes his belief too far sometimes. It also shows in Escaflowne, but not to the detriment of the show.

Meh, I forget that EVOL show even happened until I get reminded it did 10k+ and that it's a glowing example that you don't need to be good or make something solid to sell. You just have to entertain.

So what actually was the point of Guilty Crown?
  3. Triple_R
    2012-05-20 05:28
    Triple_R
    Yeah, what totoum just wrote, lol.

Maybe you're confusing Guilty Crown with Aquarion EVOL? Kawamori may well hate humanity given how he ended Genesis of Aquarion... And Kawamori Directs that show while Okada writes for it.

Anyway, if you really mean Aquarion EVOL, I'm the last person to defend the writing of that show, lol. I've been highly critical of it myself. I have to admit that my main reasons for liking EVOL is just pure spectacle and "for the lolz".
  4. Last Sinner
    2012-05-20 04:48
    Last Sinner
    Okay, need you to explain me something about Guilty Crown. I read a couple of reviews about the full series. Both of them detail that the show was made by a director with an extreme hatred of humanity and contains an extreme amount of hatred towards humanity, with befittingly hapless people in the leads, made palatable by service/love triangle antics which made the series somewhat absurd but is why it sold.

So...is that an accurate summation? Was the point of the show merely 'humanity sucks for reasons A-Z? Seriously, that kind of point has been done to death by Miyazaki alone. And there are better examples of humanity's negatives within grim settings that are offset by the good qualities within humanity and why we're worth it. Really don't see what was unique about this show.
  5. Triple_R
    2012-05-19 11:05
    Triple_R
    I admit it is funny how something that's so mundane (a semantic debate over "shounen") has so impassioned me.

Really, it has more to do with what I saw happen to "Slice of Life" and "moe" than with "shounen" itself. I just think that good fan-words/terms are getting kind of ruined, and that's not good for a fandom. It would be like if the term "smark" didn't have an uniform meaning amongst online pro wrestling fans. Last I checked, it does have that meaning, thankfully.
  6. Last Sinner
    2012-05-19 10:58
    Last Sinner
    That's some debate you have going on in that 'shounen that isn't shounen' thread. ^^;
  7. Last Sinner
    2012-05-09 08:03
    Last Sinner
    I really wouldn't fuss about the bizarre nature of what it takes to crack 10k sales, mate. Just enjoy titles for what they are. Things change within 1-2 years but there are some common traits over the years. I think Hitomi Azuma did a book on it and it had some pertinent points, if you wish to follow it up. But just remember - we're a completely different type from what the domestic anime fan is, so unless we were in Japan and living it, it's not really possible to say for certain. Sales are more a result of pre-existing fanbases, marketing, merchandise lines and the fanaticism that resides within the fandom. So yeah, don't get down once ridiculous numbers for AKB0048 come out.
  8. Triple_R
    2012-04-20 21:00
    Triple_R
    That makes sense then. Source material popularity is very important in anime sales, yeah.

And Otakus go crazy for J-Pop idols, so I'm not surprised at AKB0048 being expected to do really well.
  9. Last Sinner
    2012-04-20 20:37
    Last Sinner
    Something else Westlo found - light novel sales.

11, **9,031 *62,167 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san vol.1
    12, **8,492 131,063 Accel World vol.1
    13, **8,210 *77,604 Hyouka

I think that explains everything....

And AKB0048 were a big band in their time.

So it's all coming down to pre-existing loyal fanbases. Just like last year. *shrug*
  10. Last Sinner
    2012-04-20 04:37
    Last Sinner
    Westlo claims the 800k views it has on NicoNico is the reason. *shrug* And we know by now generic moe outsless a lot of things regardless.

AKB0048 is the real potential wrecker. I can't see how that won't succeed financially considering how The Idolmaster did in sales. Season should still belong to Fate/Zero.

Kyou-ka's adaptation plans seem rather ambitious. 11 volumes in 22 episodes. That's...rather compressed.