Okay. The reason I watched Clannad/played it was for Kyou and Tomoyo. Also Kotomi to an extent. Tomoya would be about #3 on my most despised males in anime list and Nagisa is #2 on my most despised females list.
My 10 most despised females:
10. Kyouko from Working. Slack, cold and does nothing but eat and put down her customers. Get bent.
9. Mizuho from Please Teacher. Spineless crybaby that just lets things happen to her.
8. Eureka from Eureka Seven. Emo as hell, elusive, then sickeningly sweet at other times.
7. Revy from Black Lagoon. Never seen an anime chick be so unattractive when naked. Thanks for ruining my shower fetish, bitch.
6. Yuki from Haruhi Suzumiya. So what if she's cute? Bores me to no end.
5. Mikuru from Haruhi Suzumiya. Spineless and a rape joke target. Sickening.
4. Shana from Shana. RieKu and loli filth.
3. Kuroko from Railgun. Even more extreme loli filth.
2. Nagisa from Clannad. Miss 'I forgive anyone and accept anything, I'm the perfect otaku/jerk companion!' doll.
1. Madoka from Madoka Magica. Useless as anything and I get denied the satisfaction of seeing her get owned. Damn it.
10 most despised males:
10. Renton from Eureka Seven. What kind of idiot cuts his arm open to settle someone down?! Or does all the other stupid crap he does?
9. Koyomi from Bakemonogatari. Smarmy prick.
8. Amuro from Mobile Suit Gundam. Immature brat that never grows up and makes the worst decisions. How the hell did he start a never-ending franchise?!
7. Touma from Index/Railgun. Smarmy, sleazy, slimy prick!
6. Ryner from Legend of the Legendary Heroes. Emo slacker lead that helped bury what could have been a good title. Freaking dirtbag.
5. Ichika from Infinite Stratos. For the love of...You naive, insensitive fool! PICK ONE! JUST PICK ONE! OR AT LEAST NOTICE!
4. Kyon from Haruhi Suzumiya. You arrogant, egotisitical, ever sarcastic killjoy!
3. Tomoya from Clannad. He had all the potential in the world. And he wasted it. He was the victim of his own decisions. He chose to not overcome his troubled childhood and let it weigh him down. He toyed with everyone's emotions. He let himself be carried by Nagisa and her family. He let Ushio down for five years. He made the decision to go with a girl destined to die young. HIS DECISIONS were what caused his misery and misfortune! No sympathy from me!
2. Shinji from Evangelion. Thanks for making spineless males in fashion for forever and a day, you little worm!
1. Kamina from Tenga Toppen Guren Lagann. Biggest cock-thrusting, jockish, arrogant, egotistical, reckless, brainless fool I've ever seen. Only good thing he ever did was die. Listening to him is the equivalent of having oral forced upon oneself againt one's consent.
That IS OVA was a joke...1 minute of Houki service and 23 minutes of pandering. Seriously, that show should have been much better but it can always flaunt its 15k average as justifying its existence.
The FMA v FMA:B argument is ongoing. Yes, the second one was more loyal content-wise. But I liked the music, animation and vibe of the first one more. I've never been able to watch the second one much. Also find it hard to read the manga because Arakawa's art style bugs me big time. Plus the factor of having to watch nearly 20 episodes before the divergence point - that's a real trial.
Meh, most of the animes I've liked this year have sold low or will. Chihayafuru, Usagi Drop, Mirai Nikki, Boku wa Todomachi ga Sukunai. Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate would be bigger selling ones. I still have no idea how I feel about Steins;Gate though.
Just noticed that you expressed satisfaction over Tomoya losing in ISML. What's wrong with Tomoya? I thought he was a really great character. Mind you, I don't think I've ever read your take on Clannad or its characters, so there's a lot I probably don't know here.
I can't post in that Episode 11 thread anymore. Why is there so much hate purely towards Saber?! After one episode, now she's supposedly a selfish bitch who deserves everything that happened to her?! Freaking double standards rife in that thread. The point of the episode was to show Saber, Rider and Archer all had valid points and merits to their approaches, but also glaring flaws. Yet people only want to bash on Saber for her flaws and pretend Rider was perfect. I'm sick of their one-eyed nonsense.
It's funny that you mentioned that about Escaflowne, because that's part of the reason I had a hard time getting into it (the similarities between it and El Hazard).
There's so few anime shows that literally take their characters into another world that when you see one, you tend to think of another. Maybe that's why there's not more of these.
I appreciate your comments on Fate/Zero mainly because they're different, and well-stated. There's a considerable general consensus that's surrounding that show, and so it's nice to read different opinions on it, particularly from someone who's liking the show, just for different reasons than a lot of people do.
Haven't finished it yet, but I will. A major hinderance factor for me is that every moment I watch this past the 'ported into other world' scene, I can't shake the feeling I want to watch Escaflowne. El Hazard seems okay. I'll say more when I finish.
And thanks, my man. Finally some love for talking Fate/Zero after all the 'WTF are you smoking?' comments I've copped for weeks. You are too kind.
lol on Triple H vs. Alexander/Iskander. That would indeed be great. Watching them in a duel of words in the middle of the ring would be fun too. Rider really does have a great personality for pro wrestling.
As for Kamen Rider, I'm vaguely familiar with it (mainly due to comparisons I've seen between it and Madoka Magica, lol), but I haven't seen it. I might check it out though if you think it's worth a watch.
By the way, did you watch any El Hazard after, as per our bet? I'd be curious to know your take on it. Don't be worried if it's mostly critical. It has some flaws even in my eyes, to be sure.
Thought occurred to me just now? You know how Rider in F/Z is Alexander the Great? And that Alexander called himself the 'King of Kings' after conquering Persia? I reckon Triple H would challenge him on that claim!