AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 519
  1. Last Sinner
    2016-07-06 04:42
    Last Sinner
    It goes back to 9 months ago.

Tony Abbott, having waiting 8 years to become Prime Minister after somehow not winning the supposedly unlosable 2010 election, gained it in 2013 but after a couple of years some people regretted allowing him in and those who didn't vote for him were utterly furious. Policies on climate change (aka changing nothing), taxing (aka more taxes for lower brackets and less for higher), utter refusal to allow marriage for same sex couples, utter refusal for proper acknowledgement to the Stolen Generation (aka indigenous people taken from their families and put in white families back 40-50 years ago), his utter disregard for women - the list goes on.

So the Liberals decide to cull the rot and put Malcolm Turnbull in charge. With his resultant honeymoon period, Labor and Bill Shorten began to feel their change of clawing back seats from Liberal was done.

Then in the last three months, things go very sour for Turnbull. He was the Minister for Telecommunications before becoming PM. Remember that sub-standard, still copper fiber to the node version of the NBN? THAT. WAS. HIM. And now with floods destroying many boxes this winter along with so much of the country still being on 1MB or less speeds, people are getting very ticked off. Add in his proposals to increase the GST, to cull superannuation - people lost faith in him.

It has to be noted that while Labor clawed back seats, their primary vote is their 2nd lowest ever. Votes for them drifted either to the Greens, or to the NXT party in South Australia aka my state. Liberals went down and lost seats they had never lost before. Regardless of whether even a minority government is a possibility, the Liberals lost 7 seats in the Senate. Labor's share is relatively unchanged. NXT got 3 seats, more independents got some. They called this early election because they couldn't get bills through the Senate. Now they have even less chance of doing so.

It's intriguing territory. Labor had a minority government in 2010 and then did lose a lot of ground in the 2013 election. But they did force Liberal to wait 3 more years longer than they wanted to. Now Liberal is in a worse position that them. To govern without control in either house. Good luck getting what they want done. They won't for the greater part. Another double dissolution election could happen within months as a result.

Overall the Liberals failed. They were supposed to keep Labor in the wilderness and didn't. Labor resurrected themselves and Shorten now has a solid image in the public eye. He knows how to campaign and how to speak to the people. Nick Xenophon and NXT - they're going to have some bargaining power. However, Queensland allowing Pauline Hanson back into the Senate makes me sick, along with a strong majority of the nation.
  2. Triple_R
    2016-07-05 17:57
    Triple_R
    I noticed the Australian election ended REALLY close. I think they said it's looking like a hung parliament. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the election, and what you think will be happening from here.
  3. Triple_R
    2016-06-28 22:00
    Triple_R
    Thanks! Family has been doing pretty well lately, thanks for asking.

My current job has been pretty well-balanced, but a new busier period for it might be beginning soon.
  4. Last Sinner
    2016-06-28 21:11
    Last Sinner
    Happy birthday. Hope life is progressing and that the family is doing better. And that July anime gives you some good times.
  5. Triple_R
    2016-06-27 21:48
    Triple_R
    Thanks for all the manga and doujin links shared lately. It's appreciated!
  6. Last Sinner
    2016-06-21 21:36
    Last Sinner
    Yuri manga schedule for early 2017.

Kindred Spirits on the Roof

Kase-san and...

Secret of the Princess

Hana & Hina

And a visual novel with an interesting setting.

Love, Guitars and the Nashville Skyline
  7. Last Sinner
    2016-05-30 22:46
    Last Sinner
    Golden State prevail. On the bright side, Lebron gets the rematch, this time with Irving and Love available. Three days until the first stanza of that series takes place.

Really don't know how OKC threw this series away. Durant and Westbrook will never live this down.
  8. Last Sinner
    2016-05-30 13:25
    Last Sinner
    Keep your eye out for this sometime in the next year

And seriously...Golden State forced Game 7....Thompson was an utter beast from the perimeter in Game 6. Durant and Westbrook shot poorly and threw away the lead with very stupid turnovers late.

Had high hopes for a first time champion this season, but Golden State is finding a way despite wavering. OKC might have one more surge - this series has had more turns than a labyrinth. Guess we'll know within 12 hours as to who faces Cleveland.
  9. Last Sinner
    2016-05-28 00:01
    Last Sinner
    As expected, Cleveland took care of business in Game 6. Toronto needed more contribution outside of Lowry and Derozen. After Biyombo copped that flagrant, he just didn't seem like his normal self. While on the flipside, Love actually showed up for a game in Toronto along with the perimeter shooters. Toronto won those two games by getting a truckload of long shots to fall - didn't happen this time. But hey, only team to take any games off Cleveland in the playoffs and top 4 for the year? That's progress. Toronto needs a power forward to command the paint, from what I see.

I'm figuring it will be Oklahoma getting through from the West, but nothing is certain.

One reason I'm really into Seinarukana is the balance/mix of the characters. Nozomu, the male lead, is powerful. But he is never the most powerful. There are some fights only he can win but there are certainly some he can't. There is no character that can beat everything. Strategy and teamwork are required. And it has the kind of moe perks that I'm into. Ones that are able to combine with some darker moments.
  10. Triple_R
    2016-05-27 19:56
    Triple_R
    I've been pretty good. Busy with my new job, but it's not too hard. My weather situation is also the opposite of yours - I'm very relieved to finally see the snow go away, and to have nice sunny weather most days. Spring 2015 anime season has also been good for me - there's about 5 shows I really like, and a few others that are interesting anyway. One of the shows I really like is Kabaneri, and it's solidly in my Top 3 for the season and might end up being my favorite. It's cool we're both liking that show a lot.

Sorry to hear about how the weather is negatively effecting your internet. Hopefully your Labour party wins the election so they can bring your country's internet services up to date! And for other reasons as well based on previous discussions we've had.

My favorite basketball team is the Toronto Raptors, for a few reasons - Canada's only NBA team, I love their jersey and logo, I like how they promote themselves, and my sister's boyfriend is a huge Raptors fan. It's great seeing Toronto make it to the Final Four and put up a good challenge against Lebron's team. Anything beyond this is just gravy for me, though I hope they win the NBA Championship either this year or in the near future.

I'll look more into Seinarukana once work slows down for me.

Don't worry about your comments on SAO - If I can handle your take on Madoka Magica, I can certainly handle you having major issues with SAO. I very much value your honesty and candid opinions, especially on anime. That being said, I might make a RRRound Table post in the future about "escapist entertainment" and whether or not it's all that bad. If so, I'll be honest - your post on SAO will have inspired it.

Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend!