AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 503
  1. Last Sinner
    2016-03-25 00:05
    Last Sinner
    Can't. PMing doesn't work due to something that's happened over the last 24 hours that's now denying me access to almost any website and preventing the running of any game requiring an online collection.

Just about had it with trying to keep things running. Every time I fix this, another problem that's bigger seems to emerge.

And there is no way I'm posting in that thread ever again after the residents of Mount Pious are dancing the El Strutto in the Erased thread.

The things I have to say can't be said by VM.
  2. Triple_R
    2016-03-24 22:24
    Triple_R
    Feel free to VM me or PM me about Boku Dake as a whole, whichever you'd prefer. If there's a lot of criticisms you want to get off of your chest, that's fine. Anything you want to say about the show is fine, and I'm very curious to hear your thoughts on it as a whole.

However, you should know that I really liked the finale. My post on it here.
  3. Last Sinner
    2016-03-24 18:19
    Last Sinner
    If you've seen the last episode of Erased, then I guess it's time to discuss things.
  4. Last Sinner
    2016-03-21 04:25
    Last Sinner
    If you're planning to marathon Rakugo in the near future, please note that there will be 13 episodes, so there are 2 left to air.

Schwarzesmarken has definitely done more things right than wrong, particularly in the 2nd half. Just don't expect too much of it. When it had to cull as much backstory/early days stuff as it did, character development for side characters was inevitably going to suffer. But they made some changes - particularly those from Episode 7 onwards - that improved things overall, despite the protestations of hardcore LN fans.
  5. Last Sinner
    2016-03-17 22:45
    Last Sinner
    I wanted to say more in that Erased thread but I've had enough....all those people acting stupid over Kayo doing something rational. People going mental if the word 'manga' is mentioned even if there is nothing spoilerish/hinting posted. And so few mentioning what a wonderful mother Sachiko is.

Either way, I just can't believe A-1 failed so hard with Episode 11.

But that's all I'm going to say. Once you've seen Episode 12 in 7 days, I'll talk openly then. Until then, I'll respectfully let you see it fresh.
  6. Last Sinner
    2016-03-14 20:24
    Last Sinner
    Yikes, sorry to hear that....that is terrible news. I hope things improve for her soon, that's not a good place for anyone to be. One of my best friends periodically gets afflicted to that degree so I sincerely hope things get better for your mother sooner.

Well, there's a more simplistic point to Erased - one I will discuss once Episode 12 has aired. It just irks me so much that people think the whodunnit aspect was the main focus, when it was merely a catalyst for the main goal of Erased. Hopefully more people clue into it by the time it's finished.

Well...ironically, Schwarzesmarken is having a fair surge at the moment and Episode 10 got a very good reception, even on places previously bashing it. But I think that goes to show that anime fans generally react more to more primal, vicarious means. That Erased is going at a more simple level is probably passing over a lot of people since it is a more subtle effect but still meaningful. I think a big problem for a lot of people is they now know who is responsible but they don't know why. The manga explained it well but I'm worried that with 2 volumes left to adapt in just 2 episodes, it may not be explained properly.

That said, Rakugo has been brilliant all the way and is definitely my pick for best of the January season. That relies purely on life experience and the emotions that come with it, so I'm not surprised the fans around my age are the ones appreciating it more.

ANN....meh....only Justin Sevakis and Theron Martin have a clue. Gabriella Ekens's recent backflip on Fate/Stay Night was hilarious - turns out once someone showed her the Heavens' Feel arc, she finally saw the light.

Well, we'll see how people are once these January season titles are done in 2 weeks. Just in time for what April has to offer. If anything, I might have found the odd new person to talk openly with (there's an obvious one, of course) as a result of this season. The lack of discussion within your group prompted me to be a bit adventurous.

Well, hope your mother's health improves and that your work prospects come to fruition.
  7. Triple_R
    2016-03-14 19:40
    Triple_R
    Thanks for the kind words of support on Boku Dake. It's definitely appreciated.

I haven't had much time lately for one-on-one interaction with other anime fans due to my mom recently suffering a nasty physical ailment that's left her almost bed-ridden. I've been spending a fair bit of time lately taking care of her. I still have time to watch a little anime and comment on Boku Dake, but not as much time for chatting and wall messages.

But I just wanted to leave this here so you know I appreciate the support on Boku Dake. Also, I am surprised, in a bad way, at the overall response Boku Dake's latest episode has received. The teacher ending up being the culprit should have been obvious after the big candy reveal (lol), not to mention all the other hints. Given that the identity of the culprit wasn't in much doubt after Episode 9, I figured that people would care more about the overall emotional poignancy of Episode 10, which I felt was very strong.

Ah well, I strongly disagreed with ANN on Nanoha and UBW as well.
  8. Last Sinner
    2016-03-12 15:49
    Last Sinner
    Reckoner is attacking even you?! Wow....he never, ever learns. As immature and out for blood as ever.
  9. Last Sinner
    2016-03-12 05:52
    Last Sinner
    Well met, Triple_R.

Yet again, you show why I still respect you.

You seem to be in a tiny minority of people that get what Erased is actually about.
  10. Last Sinner
    2016-02-16 22:21
    Last Sinner
    Be sure to look out for Orange in July. This will be a major contender for best of 2016.