AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Notices

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 342
  1. Last Sinner
    2014-04-09 08:50
    Last Sinner
    The main point of frustration for me this week was Irregular at High School Magic. That first episode was slow, bland and cut out a key scene from the start of the manga. The sister has a magic battle and utterly owns face. It's crucial in establishing a sense of equality between the two siblings and that the sister isn't just a mere brother-lover. But within a few minutes, I could tell those adapting this title are keen on cutting her down and making the brother look superior from the get go. Not to mention removing the shounen/action aspect, which was essential in keeping things interesting in the manga amidst the info dumps. I expected a few adaptations to go wrong, but this was one I thought they wouldn't botch. Guess I was wrong, but better wrong about this than other titles I'm sticking with.

Your instincts were right. This adaptation is going right for the fetishes and the tropes. A real shame.
  2. Triple_R
    2014-04-09 08:41
    Triple_R
    Thanks for the info. Well, to be fair, it did have an interesting first episode. I actually liked the bit where the girl got her knee stuck in the drain and almost died. It's strange, sure, but it's also pretty different, so I liked that scene.

I will be sticking with Brynhildr for at least the three-episode try. Kuroneko does show a lot of promise.
  3. Last Sinner
    2014-04-09 08:36
    Last Sinner
    R3, for the record, the reason people compared Brynhildr to Elfen Lied is because they have the same author in their original manga form.
  4. Last Sinner
    2014-04-08 09:21
    Last Sinner
    Okay, my thoughts on April.

Potentially going to be the best season in years.

However, those three titles you listed first - I didn't click with them at all. Akuma no Riddle actually creeped me out big time.

What I did like:

One Week Friends
    Mushishi S2
    Rowdy Wrestler Sumo Matsutaro
    Brynhildr
    The World is Still Beautiful

What disappointed me:

Irregular at Magic High School
    Akuma no Riddle
    Mangaka-san to Assistant-san

Kindaichi I'm also going to investigate. Knights of Sidonia is on Friday, that's the other one I needed to check out.

The last time I truly liked a season was April 2010. If those 5 shows as well as Kindaichi stay good, this will be one heck of a season.
  5. Last Sinner
    2014-04-07 22:27
    Last Sinner
    Later tonight I will. I got new headphones last night but night class left me unable to watch anything. I've got tests on Thursday and Friday which I need to study for. It's about 1pm here now, so, I guess I will in about 7-8 hours then give you my thoughts.
  6. Triple_R
    2014-04-07 19:27
    Triple_R
    I'm slowly making my way through the new Spring 2014 shows.

I liked the first episodes for WIXOSS, Captain Earth, and Akuma no Riddle. All three have very nice/stylish visuals, so at least I'll be in for a good visual treat even if the stories don't hold up that well.

I'm loving the Love Live! sequel, as its pretty much just what I want in a more upbeat show.

I'll be checking out Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei later tonight.

Any shows you want to recommend? I'm open to a suggestion or two, at least.
  7. Last Sinner
    2014-04-07 10:48
    Last Sinner
    Well....they actually did it...

21-1....
  8. Last Sinner
    2014-04-06 06:33
    Last Sinner
    So, how goes the April season for you?
  9. Last Sinner
    2014-03-24 10:26
    Last Sinner
    Just a thought on a steam punk comment you made recently.

If only anime had someone like Caitlyn
  10. Last Sinner