AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Triple_R

Conversation Between Triple_R and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 41 to 50 of 449
  1. Triple_R
    2015-04-08 20:51
    The other one I tried out was The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan.

With both that and Vivid, I checked it out because I'm a big fan of the parent series (Haruhi and Nanoha). So those two shows were automatically on my "to watch" list for Spring 2015.

As for the Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan... I liked it well enough, but it might be a bit safe and generic for your tastes. Even for me, it's a bit heavy on the conventional side, and I'll be sticking with it mainly due to fondness for some of the characters.

As for the WWE, I might check out the next RAW. From what Akuma has told me, they've been getting pretty creative and bold lately with how they're handling their top wrestlers.
  2. Last Sinner
    2015-04-07 18:40
    Last Sinner
    Out of interest, what is the other one you were into?

Incidentally, as of recent times, I've found the WWE is worth watching again. I get the feeling Paul Heyman's influence is beginning to mix in again with Vince's and Triple H's. There seem to be people that otherwise wouldn't get proper chances. There seems to be a generational shift that's coming into play at the upper level now - the brand may finally have the people it needs to move on from the regular top carders of the last 10 years.
  3. Triple_R
    2015-04-07 15:53
    I'm glad you liked Vivid. That's one of the two Spring 2015 shows I've tried so far.

I agree with you that it isn't stellar, but it's good enough so far. It feels solid. It has a good mix of fun-loving and serious to it.
  4. Last Sinner
    2015-04-07 11:39
    Last Sinner
    Just gave Nanoha Vivid a shot. It wasn't stellar but it certainly did enough. So I've got a keeper for now.
  5. Last Sinner
    2015-04-07 10:12
    Last Sinner
    Treading through April titles. First thing I took a look at was Heroic Legend of Arslan.

And...I'm quite disappointed. For an Arakawa title, this is not interesting me at all. With so much development going on and nothing in between, I'm shocked. FMA was so exemplary at managing to progress story at the same time. Whereas Arslan wastes an entire episode being finnicky and throwing in a fujioshi moment for a character who's obviously going to become a secondary character since he avoided death/arrest multiple times if not for the main character.

It feels like Escaflowne on training wheels. I say that because the original Arslan OVA was from the 90s. The visual style of either has way more appeal than the utterly generic one Arslan does.

Oh well, search for something good from April continues.
  6. Last Sinner
    2015-03-09 01:12
    Last Sinner
    It's cool. I had a rather off week myself.

Were you referring to Kyu the fairy? None of the characters were called Hunie.
  7. Triple_R
    2015-03-08 23:16
    Just so you know, I'm not ignoring you. But I only want to reply when I have something worth talking about. Unfortunately, I had the flu most of my week off, and that screwed up some of my plans. I did try HuniePop a bit though - It looks promising, and I like the overall style and voice acting of the game so far. I especially like Hunie herself. Lovely voice and cute personality.

Once I play it a bit more and make some significant progress in it, I'll give you my take on it.
  8. Last Sinner
    2015-03-07 22:22
    Last Sinner
    News for you and Konakaga - Yuruyuri just got a 3rd season.
  9. Last Sinner
    2015-02-23 01:19
    Last Sinner
    My biggest concern was that there is already a sickening amount of stuff out there that is drawn/made purely to depict idols being assaulted/raped as a subversive sub-culture to idol culture. So seeing this used for a title that - while I find idol material utterly unwatchable - has been a better representation of its genre, was pretty chilling. The fact so many people find it funny disturbs me even more.
  10. Triple_R
    2015-02-22 07:08
    I honestly hadn't come across any of these Biden/LL! mash-up pics - I did see an Obama/Nico mash-up pic once that was really well-done (Obama was making a hand-pose similar to the Nico Nico Nii so that was amusing).

So anyway, I looked up "Joe Biden Love Live!" on Google, and... yeah, these are very creepy. I can't help but admire the photoshop skill in blending 2D animated characters with real life people in photographs, and doing it so seamlessly, but yeah, I also have to agree with you on how these pics are creepy and disrespectful to the LL! girls.