AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > KrimzonStriker

Notices

Conversation Between KrimzonStriker and Kirarakim
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. KrimzonStriker
    2013-05-12 18:21
    KrimzonStriker
    I was like Ledo in that I barely payed attention. It only hit me afterwards as to the difference in presentation going by how soft and complete Amy's dance was compared to how chaotic the presentation of the first dance. That in turn led me to better appreciate that it was appopriate how out of context it was MEANT to be. I'm just trying to get others to consider the point even if it didn't come across initially.

There are only 13 episodes available so it's no surprise if some characters are just convienent devices, whether it be fanservice or acting as the little devils egging Amy on so she doesn't lose that wholesome goodness of hers just because she has some less then clean thoughts about Ledo.
  2. Kirarakim
    2013-05-12 16:44
    Kirarakim
    Well don't get me wrong I understand that you are going to see boobs and behind in belly dancing, but the way these elements were the main focus of the dance was what bothered me (well stomach was too but that makes a bit more sense in context). There were actually very few full body shots during the dance.

If that was the intention of the scene (and I am not arguing for or against) then the way the scene is presented actually distracts me from that.

Also another thing that kind of bothers me is while Amy at least is a fully realized character, her friends have been mainly used for these fanservice type scenes.
  3. KrimzonStriker
    2013-05-12 16:33
    KrimzonStriker
    True but it doesn't have the same impact to me without their hips or arms swinging at you close up as if they're really hitting you, and creates that sense of confusion, thus going back to Ledo and his always be prepared for battle mindset, highlighted once again by his pulling out the gun.

I suppose so, but it irks me because if I am right about the animators intentions then a very good story device will go unappreciated
  4. Kirarakim
    2013-05-12 16:27
    Kirarakim
    I think you can show the fast tempo of the dance without panning like that.

We might have to agree to disagree though.
  5. KrimzonStriker
    2013-05-12 16:25
    KrimzonStriker
    Well, look at it from my viewpoint, this is all going on in the background of high tempo music, during a tense conversation between Bellows and Pinion over Ledo, which climaxes with him pulling a gun out on a octopus. To me, every thrust of the dancers hips was about impact, and their swirls about confusion and chaos, highlighting what was going on with Ledo at that moment and showing how tense and uneasy he was about the direction he's trying to take. For me the angles and close ups were just as much about creating a distorted image as it was about fanservice
  6. Kirarakim
    2013-05-12 16:22
    Kirarakim
    But like I said my problem wasn't the dancing itself but the way the camera was panning on the girls and the male gaze in the audience.

So even if that interpretation is correct it doesn't change my issue.

But to clarify as much as I am posting about it it's not really that big of an issue for me.
  7. KrimzonStriker
    2013-05-12 16:20
    KrimzonStriker
    That's fine but my main purpose with that last post was to illicit some response to my point, which I think has some validity given the context and comparing it to Amy's later dance.
  8. Kirarakim
    2013-05-12 16:18
    Kirarakim
    As for your point about the dancing representing Ledo's mind that might be the case, although I personally didn't interpret that way myself (but in this case I don't think I can say this type of interpretation is wrong).
  9. Kirarakim
    2013-05-12 16:15
    Kirarakim
    I edited my post because I didn't want to start anything unnecessarily with that. No not your posts, especially since you explained yourself and were not rude.