AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Rethice

Conversation Between Rethice and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Rethice
    2011-11-02 19:42
    Rethice
    Traitor.
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-10-21 22:49
    0utf0xZer0
    Conversation with a friend of mine after my girlfriend and I had been going out for nearly a year:
    "How old is she?"
    "Nineteen."
    "Oh."
    "How old did you think she was?"
    "Sixteen."

I wouldn't really describe her as having a "loli build" either.

I'd tend to say the word is dual definition - it can refer to a girl with either a young age or waifish build. I do agree that I could never consider Yoko a loli. Sengoku Nadeko from Bakemonogatari is a lot harder - she's 14, so right at the borderline, and she's not really waifish. But its difficult to perceive her as anything but a shy young girl and the loli moniker seems apt for her (DFC not so much. Small yes, flat no.).
  3. Rethice
    2011-10-20 20:32
    Rethice
    I'm pretty much on the same viewpoint on classifying lolis as you are. I most certainly wouldn't consider a 17 year old a loli, no matter how young they look. I dated one earlier this year that looked fairly young so I'd be in deep trouble if those were the standards!

But I suppose the deciding factor -is- how they look. I mean, look at Yoko from TTGL - no one ever calls her a loli, but she's 13 at the start of the series...
  4. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-10-20 19:31
    0utf0xZer0
    Yeah, I see quite a few clips like that on Youtube and the subbed ones are always more fun.

Azusa is 15 at start of first year and 17 when the series ends (end of second year). K-On! just doesn't modify the character's looks to reflect the 2-3 years that passed over the two seasons.

And yeah, in the past I divided between loli (under... 14? 15?) and DFC (14+ but tiny). I've heard a lot of other terms including Ayana's though.
  5. Rethice
    2011-10-20 19:16
    Rethice
    I didn't realize Azusa was meant to be 17! She certainly looks like a loli. Suppose there's a thousand different definitions of "loli", so it's always a point of debate.

Watching these reminds me of the old Touhou talk shows I saw a few years ago. It's quite a bit funnier when it's actually subbed and thus understandable, though. xD
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2011-10-20 18:43
    0utf0xZer0
    Heh... what interested me the most about that discussion was that apparently the Japanese don't agree on whether Azusa and similar characters are lolis or not either.

Favourite parts for me would be Kana (who I'm a big fan of) getting confused about the English word "sister" and the bit where they talk about Yuuki Aoi being as loli as you can get, because, well... she kind of is:
    http://hashihime.blogspot.com/2011/0...ami-saori.html
    The height difference is pretty substantial despite her wearing heels.
  7. Rethice
    2011-10-20 04:42
    Rethice
    Hey there! DemiSoda linked me that thing with the VAs of Kuruneko and Kirino that you showed him.

I think I had a moegasm when the Kirino VA was talking about Sister Princess. That was adorable. XD