AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Xellos

Notices

Conversation Between Xellos and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 13 of 13
  1. Last Sinner
    2009-04-06 20:22
    Last Sinner
    I've been told Felli is the only good thing about that series though. What was it called again?

Death note lost its edge when the Light vs L aspect was gone. Near and Mello were very bratty and virtually had everything fall into place for them. Everything from the Yotsuba arc was very much 'we know how this is going to play out...' but even moreso in the Near arc. It degenerated into two brats in an insult fest. And I really despised how women were treated in DN. The only one who was allowed to be intelligent/self-confident was Naomi Misora and she only lasted 3 episodes. Ironic thing is, a spinoff novel featuring her as the main character, being L's eyes, was critically acclaimed, which makes me wonder why they wasted such a good character in the series. Makes me think the manga-ka hates women, particularly with how utterly annoying and shallow Misa is as well as how quickly an intelligent, classy, strong woman like Takada degenerated into a slave under Light's false charm, only to meet that utterly mortifying end in Episode 35. Mello was just as bad as Light, though - first Mello humiliates her physically then Light utterly ruins her with his final act towards her.

I think it's a typical trait of Shounen Jump series. They don't know when to quit. Pity because Death Note was the first SJ series I actually liked.

Btw, have you seen the outrageous review of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha on ANN by Carl Kilminger? He basically takes a swipe at anime fans in general in that review. One of the most ignorant, insulting, infurating things I've ever read.
  2. Xellos
    2009-04-06 16:15
    Xellos
    Yeah, Felli is awesome. It's been awhile since I've liked a character so much in so few episodes. I've pretty much changed all my forum avatars, hah.

I agree about Death Note. Second half was pretty bad. I heard that manga suffered from a poor story after you know who dies, but that's because they were aiming for a set number of chapters vice finishing the story naturally. As for alts, we haven't played all three together yet due to schedules lol.
  3. Last Sinner
    2009-04-06 11:21
    Last Sinner
    Haha, Felli avatar! That is a damn funny face, know someone else who uses it on another forum.

As to what series you like, Code Geass and FLCL are both in my top 10. I watched all of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha last week, loved it. Did not expect to, was very surprised. Death Note rewatch - darn that really inflamed me in the latter parts. It was damn good early, then seemed to decay like a half-life the longer it went.

Hope you and the other guys have fun on those Ner'zhul alts.