AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Rising Dragon

Notices

Conversation Between Rising Dragon and Obelisk ze Tormentor
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 26
  1. Obelisk ze Tormentor
    2014-07-09 16:59
    Obelisk ze Tormentor
    At least Lacus Clyne doesn't "confuse and conquer" enemies with her singing. This one does, in the mids of a great battle .
  2. Rising Dragon
    2014-07-09 16:35
    Rising Dragon
    That sounds almost as bad as Lacus Clyne.
  3. Obelisk ze Tormentor
    2014-07-09 16:33
    Obelisk ze Tormentor
    Imagine Lacus Clyne but without political power. Just a really good singer whose singing can charm the enemy in a rather hilarious way.
  4. Rising Dragon
    2014-07-09 11:20
    Rising Dragon
    Okay, I think I get it. Also, no, I'm not familiar with Lyn Minmay. I haven't watched or read anything from Macross. :V
  5. Obelisk ze Tormentor
    2014-07-09 06:39
    Obelisk ze Tormentor
    Basically, Shoji Kawamori made all Macross series and movies ambiguous. He stated that (I'm paraphrasing here) that none of the Macross features are canon (be it series, movies, novels, mangas, etc) Why? Because all of them are mere recreation of the "actual events". Basically like Hollywood's "based on true story" movies.

For example: you're familiar with the character Lyn Minmay from the first Macross, right? (She's the girl who charmed the Zentraedi alien-giants with her singing). In Kawamori's eyes, both Minmay from the first series and the DYRL movie are not the true Minmay. They're just recreations from the "actual Minmay character" out there in his imagination.

On one hand, it is very confusing because nothing is certain anymore. But on the other hand, it is somewhat liberating because nobody will have any problems with inconsistency from one series to another, or between series & movies, or between different medias. In short, all of the stories can be both right and wrong. Funky theory, right?
  6. Rising Dragon
    2014-07-09 04:05
    Rising Dragon
    So what does Shoji Kawamori refer to, anyway? I don't follow Macross.
  7. Obelisk ze Tormentor
    2013-11-26 06:15
    Obelisk ze Tormentor
    Yup. He's consistent, but for the wrong reasons .
  8. Rising Dragon
    2013-11-24 19:54
    Rising Dragon
    I keep forgetting I can't freaking talk about SEED around monster lest I want to put my head through my desk. Argh.
  9. Rising Dragon
    2013-02-08 12:17
    Rising Dragon
    He's dedicated, I'll give him that. But too often he defends the parts of SEED that don't deserve defending. It could be the shittiest part of SEED and he'd still try and hold it up as something great when it's not.
  10. Obelisk ze Tormentor
    2013-02-08 03:26
    Obelisk ze Tormentor
    RD, don't you think monster deserves a medal for defending the plot holes in SEED so persistently? Hell, Fukuda should've kissed his feet already!