AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Rising Dragon

Notices

Conversation Between Rising Dragon and Archon_Wing
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 164
  1. Archon_Wing
    2015-04-17 05:34
    Archon_Wing
    Uhh... honestly haven't seen too much of that. Probably drop this topic.
  2. Rising Dragon
    2015-04-16 21:35
    Rising Dragon
    Shipping two female characters together doesn't bother me. Someone who does ship them together telling me that it's okay to "let the pairing be" or "not deny it" because "I can still get a girlfriend" or something along those lines? That's the kind of thing that bothers me about Nanoha yuri shippers. I'm not sure what the hell their thought processes were, but that's the kind of shit I get told just because I spoke up on someone else's behalf about their preference or usage of a hetero pairing in Nanoha.
  3. Archon_Wing
    2015-04-16 21:31
    Archon_Wing
    Well, it's kinda bad if they're the type to ship because it's yuri, but then again given how the series runs the ship teasing all over the place it can be frustrating. I guess it's still not a reason to go after people.
  4. Rising Dragon
    2015-04-16 19:56
    Rising Dragon
    Normally I don't mind shipping, but when it comes to shipping, I think people need to realize that it's okay for one's self or for others to appreciate different pairings. Nothing's stopping me from liking two pairings, even if they conflict. But really, it's the Nanoha yuri shippers that freak me out the most. Some of their logic and way of thinking, particularly when it comes to people who don't agree with them... it can get downright disturbing.

And yeah, I already hit the report button on the post in question. He's just so adamant, though--it's the third time the mods have had to slap him down about the shipping in that thread alone.
  5. Archon_Wing
    2015-04-16 19:42
    Archon_Wing
    Well, if you haven't noticed, I have a very low opinion of aggressive shippers especially when they overrun an entire show. It's a legitimate topic of course but it just dominates certain people's writing that you can no longer take it seriously. You'll have shows with so many themes to talk about but all people can care about is being salty over shipping (Read: True Tears). There was also some of that shit I've seen in Fate/Stay Night discussion, and well... I was just like You also get a ton of this with Key stuff, though fortunately Little Busters was mostly free of that kind of shit.

Part of it has to do with people being unable to accept that you don't need to have major characters in a relationship every fucking show. Frankly the whole talk about people trying to marry them is pretty insulting-- I mean people get married because they love each other, not because for the fuck of it.

/stares at divorce rates in this country. Never mind.

Anyhow, i just click the report button at this rate without saying anything. It's impossible to discuss it with folks, so I'll just leave it at that.
  6. Rising Dragon
    2015-04-16 15:40
    Rising Dragon
    Christ, NiwaDaisuke won't fucking quit with the shipping talk...
  7. Rising Dragon
    2015-04-14 00:06
    Rising Dragon
    You're welcome. I suppose the debate's a moot point now, given how the moderators axed the whole discussion like I figured they would.

We're actually fearing Kaijo might be dead. A while back there was some bad weather causing rock slides in the area he lived, and he hasn't been seen online since.
  8. Archon_Wing
    2015-04-13 23:47
    Archon_Wing
    Anyhow, I'd like to thank you for discussing your view on the matter.

The other thing is that I was actually communicating with Kaijo in the past, but I didn't know that he was no longer communicating with you guys. That's unfortunate really; though I suppose it can be hard at times online.
  9. Archon_Wing
    2015-04-11 18:16
    Archon_Wing
    Well, that sounds a bit better, I don't think that would be banned-- at most just moved. But I think the people in discussion were talking more about wanting to see characters they like so it's a bit out of place. I think the problem is sometimes the franchise tends to simultaneously go too much yet too little on these things.

But I'll tell you why I don't think Fate screentime is mutually exclusive with others. The anime Shirobako has a gigantic cast, yet most of them are very distinct despite not getting much screentime. They have hopes and dreams that are easy to resonate with and it did it all within 24 episodes. The girl in my avatar for example, only had 2-3 episodes of real screentime with maybe one of them strictly devoted to her, yet it doesn't lessen the impact. It seems to be a quantity over quality issue. Basically a lot of the characters have presence without actually being there, and I think the Nanoha franchise could really pick up some of its cues. Another series that manages to do this and is probably more similar in genre is Mai-Hime; also handled it very well.

And like I said, some people were Fate fans and thus couldn't agree with that point and were still banned, so there's no way to really know.

Yea they didn't get outright bans, and I feel that was reasonable. It's very hard to be perma-banned from AS. And as for Kaijo, well, I did see his last post, and I think the tone wasn't really going to convince anyone of anything. Let's just say you really have to make concessions to really get things going.
  10. Rising Dragon
    2015-04-11 18:08
    Rising Dragon
    My post wasn't intended as flamebait, though I do believe that less Fate isn't a bad thing, because it lets the franchise story expand in other directions, by giving more screentime to other characters--my point comes off like it's pinning it on Fate, because my post was in response to about Fate's screentime (and frankly she gets a lot of it anywhere else).

But I felt I couldn't explain that in the thread, because it wasn't allowed anymore. That was the core argument of the people who didn't care for the second movie, and none of them post in that forum anymore for a reason. I'd be willing to explain why in that thread, if I felt that I could safely post without fear of getting thrown out. But by judging from alastoryagami's responses, he isn't going to listen anyway, so it's a moot point.

Those people didn't get outright bans, btw. They just have their ability to post in the forum revoked; they can post elsewhere, except for Kaijo. Kaijo asked that the eviction on others be lifted, and as a result he got a permanent ban from AS entirely. You can ask Nanya or Sunder the Gold about it. There were others, but I think Kaijo was the only one who knew the full list, but no one can reach him anymore.