AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Rising Dragon

Notices

Conversation Between Rising Dragon and Archon_Wing
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 150
  1. Archon_Wing
    2013-04-15 03:22
    Archon_Wing
    Ahh fuck this state. Always end up having to pay for state taxes, but at least federal covers it.

And yes, Sena isn't malicous at heart.

I've only gotten deleted a few times and never seriously warned. You just need to know how to phrase things, and it's not like I'm the type to mince words. You also need to back up your points with clear reasoning and don't be quick to accuse people of trolling or w/e.

I explained it here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...46#post4635346

Also, someone got so mad at me earlier in said thread that they got banned before I could react.

And yes I need to finish Accel so it'd be nice if you watched. For you I'd give Hana Saku Iroha a shot, show's kinda meh but I think you'd like the main character.
  2. Rising Dragon
    2013-04-14 18:17
    Rising Dragon
    Hmm, well, Yozora was pretty hard to like with how bitchy she got. Sena could get fairly aggravating as well with her arrogance, but she DOES try. And yeah, Saori and Manami certainly don't get a lot of screentime, but I think Saori's getting an episode next.

Eh, every time I throttle someone for being an idiot on this forum, the mods step in and tell me off for it, while doing nothing for the one being an idiot. Hardly fair, especially when AS has some damn idiotic fandoms. I personally feel that AS's Code Geass fandom was worse than the Gundam fandom, but that's just here; I'm certain Gundam is far more widespread. Though, I've come across far better behaved Gundam fans even during Destiny's initial run, but compare that to here... it just makes here look even worse.

Yeah, he's interested in hearing my opinion on Kuroyukihime. I'll get around to Accel World one of these days. :V
  3. Archon_Wing
    2013-04-14 18:03
    Archon_Wing
    A lot of people only watch the show for one choice. Kuroneko didn't appear much in these episodes, and so they seem pretty expressive. It's just like how people complain about the lack of Yozora in Haganai when they're not keen on Sena. It's been 3 years almost, after all. Me personally runs off Kuroneko and Saori, and maybe Manami, but the later 2 are getting scarce.

Personally, I've never had trouble throttling anyone for being an idiot. Might just need to level up more. Then again, I've been in much worse forums then here, so really, I don't think you or Kaioshin have seen what the worst fiends on the internet can do.

Granted, those are some rather aggressive and terrible fandoms you've been in. I would say the Gundam subforum is the worst place to post in, and then any Sunrise-related ones are just as bad because that fanbase is just like that. If you had followed Key (Pre-LB) or Kyoani shows instead, this wouldn't be the case, though it runs in the other direction, in a bad way.

Well, he'd probaly demand you check out Kuroyukihime. Also, don't watch Bakemonogatari then.

Yes, I brought up a hypothetical Oreimo movie scenario. Though granted, I feel this is one series that really needs its supporting cast.
  4. Rising Dragon
    2013-04-14 16:32
    Rising Dragon
    Hmm, as for what you said about Ruri not being the dominating one... well, they DO keep bringing her up in the episode thread, how it was a good episode "despite Kuroneko not being in it"...
  5. Rising Dragon
    2013-04-13 21:56
    Rising Dragon
    Yeah, I know, but that's my biggest issue with anime currently. And it's a real problem as it makes discussing anime difficult; you can't really enjoy discussing it with someone if you're constantly wanting to throttle them for being an idiot. It's the main reason I left the Code Geass and Zero no Tsukaima boards, after all.

Lol, I've been over the hime cut thing with Kaioshin already; he's cool with my stance on it. :V But most of the time I just end up not caring for the hime cut character designs or the personalities usually associated with them. I think there's only like... two hime-cut characters that I actually LIKE, and of the two, only one of them were I like the character design as well.

(Fram Nara, if you're wondering)

And yeah, I figured they'd all have their fanbases, but Ruri seems to have the most outspoken one. It was brought up in the Nanoha movie threads (was it you did so or Kaijo?) as an example of character screentime overtaking others, which says something if it's a foremost idea on such a subject. But right now, I don't mind Ruri and certainly don't dislike her, but the mostly negative impressions I keep getting on character preferences on forums certainly has me on edge about her.
  6. Archon_Wing
    2013-04-13 21:51
    Archon_Wing
    I umm, don't thing you should judge characters just by fan reaction as you will end up hating everyone... or by haircut lol.

Also, how can you say that about Hime Cut? I'm just going to hide this from Kaioshin, before he comes with a torch?

But hah, no Kuroneko isn't the dominating favorite. Kirino, Manami, Saori, and Kuroneko all have their own respective fanbases. I'm just going to say that I do favor Kuroneko, but I'd really want a better criticism then just being too popular. I wouldn't take that too lightly, just saying.
  7. Rising Dragon
    2013-04-13 21:43
    Rising Dragon
    The only issue I had with season 3's start was the fanbase. "Waaah, it's been so long, I don't remember what happened! Why don't have a recap or something?!"
    *recap episode happens early on*
    "Waaaaah! They wasted time doing a recap instead of going right to the plot! This sucks!"

I called them out on it and got a neg-rep with nasty messages for my trouble, reinforcing my belief that most forumgoers are assholes and an ongoing season is a terrible thing for AnimeSuki. -.-

As for Ayase, I'm pretty neutral on her. She's pretty, like Kirino, but her personality... eh. It's not the worst, and I've been told her freaking out over anime and stuff was because of her mom's job or something like that, so I've been fairly understanding of her so far. It's Ruri I'm wary about--I'm not bothered by her character, even though 90% of the time I end up disliking hime-cut girls, but I'm told she's a fan favorite... and 9 times out of 10 that's bad for fandom interaction.

Kirino's cute as hell, but I think I would've strangled her at some point and I give props to Kyousuke for not giving into that urge.
  8. Archon_Wing
    2013-04-13 21:38
    Archon_Wing
    Season 3's start of Shana well... it's sorta like what JC staff did with Little Busters... it's not the most bad thing ever, but however at the same time you can't say they sorta had that kind of criticism happen. Granted it ended alright, but it depends on the person.

Also, I hate Ayase. Yea, I'm sorry. I can even see some humanity in Kirino and might be able to comprehend her appeal. But Ayase is herp a derp and one of my favorite anime is Higurashi, so it's not like I hate psychotic women by default.
  9. Rising Dragon
    2013-04-13 21:34
    Rising Dragon
    So I'm caught up on OreImo, and now participating in its forum. Here's to hoping that it won't make me regret doing so, like most of the other damn subforums here.

As it stands, the only subforum on the site that hasn't made me regret joining it is Shakugan no Shana. And even then, that one came close due to stupidity over season 3's start.
  10. Rising Dragon
    2013-04-12 17:20
    Rising Dragon
    Yeah, that was... pretty cruel of her. The second half made up for it... kinda... but that was still fairly extreme. Jeez. I'd've murdered her at that point, I think.