AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Rising Dragon

Notices

Conversation Between Rising Dragon and Akiyoshi
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 56
  1. Rising Dragon
    2012-01-24 14:00
    Rising Dragon
    If Cypha can take out Laevatein just by letting it hit her twice, then a second blade isn't going to fare much better. Remember, weapons are pointless if they can't be used to subdue or kill an opponent. All Cypha needs to do to break it is make Signum hit her again... just like she did when Laevatein was shattered in the first place. As for Arnage, she's able to React as well--of all of the Huckebein, the only one who doesn't have a Reactor is Veyron. So if Arnage finds herself in a three-on-one against Signum, Agito and Teanam (which is really just a two-on-one due to the Unison), she just needs to React and suddenly, she's invincible! And Signum becomes just as screwed, if not killed outright--Arnage is implied to cause far more damage than Cypha in battle. Even if Signum got away from Cypha, it would only end in failure.

Because once they're out of the way, quite suddenly Fate's now two-on-one against two Reacted Huckebein members, neither of whom really like the Bureau all that much. She's dead too.

BTW, concerning your remark about Cinque vs. Signum in BTF, reading back on it, the reason why Signum's blade did little against Cinque is because she wasn't trying to slash her, she was trying to hit her with the flat of the blade in an attempt to knock her out. Cinque only got cut because she grabbed the blade to stop it and blow it to pieces.
  2. Akiyoshi
    2012-01-24 13:50
    Akiyoshi
    Yep, and Agito didn't have any chance to figure out how to make her strategy since she got blasted by Cypha after Signum kicked the bucket. Withoput signum doing that Agito will be fine and well to assist their master into not getting slaughtered xD. there's no proff that Cypha can destroye the second sword in one hit like you make it to appear, i'll buy that she will probably be invulnerable to it but as we see her swordfight skills pale in comparission to signum's so as long as Signum have a realiable tool to parry Cypha she'll be able to hold her off until Fate comes to her rescue. Arnage only managed to take care of Tohma because she took the chance to approach him with her sleep gas before the boy starts moving. With Agito and Teana around such chance will be lost, Signum will probably join them since probably she sees herself as a burden to Fate in her fight with Cypha. Sure, Arnage have the advantage of a Divider but now will be challenged with three moving targets and the rise of a mindless EC-Juggernaut. If the fight goes long enough Isis will awake and then Arnage will truly be in trouble.

Cypha was only indestructible to Signum at the time but not to Fate. So if Signum avoid going for Cypha's bones(you know, the thing that actually destroyed Laevatein on first place) she at least be able to hold her back, she didn't even need to "win". Cypha won more likely because Signum didn't have a relaible sword to fight with.
  3. Rising Dragon
    2012-01-24 13:37
    Rising Dragon
    The Huckebein were in no way threatened by Touma: hell, Arnage subdued him without any trouble in record time, something the others would not have been able to do. And let's not forget that Cypha was holding the entire nearby population hostage--she outright told Signum if she didn't back off and let her take Touma, she was going to nuke the town. And Agito? Reading back through the chapter, Agito didn't do squat to Cypha. She eliminated all of the attacks she left for Signum, then neutralized the both of them, leaving Agito hanging from a tree branch.

Regardless of where Laevatein struck, Signum was not going to win that match or even delay Cypha, dual swords or no. She was pretty much invincible by that point, and all she had to do was feint against Signum to break her weaponry. Extra weaponry is useless when your opponent can't be hurt.
  4. Akiyoshi
    2012-01-24 13:27
    Akiyoshi
    We don't know that for sure. Laevatein was destroyed easily by Cypha's elbow, not her Divider, the divider only cut some already crushed remanants of the blade(and as we've seen in Ch. 20, a good condition Laevatein can do just fine against a reacted Divider xD). As we see, Agito already found a way to work around Eclipse-powered attacks, so it's not impossible for the two(three if we count Teana) to distract Arnage(Laevatein's hilt is still complete so at the very least Signum will be able to cast subpar fire spells). Cypha will be too busy with Fate and everyone will be threatened by the increasing menace of Tohma probably forcing the Hucks to retreat or form an "Enemy mine" situation of sorts.

Thanks for the Megah's explanation, now i can imagine the things better when reading the fights against those xD
  5. Rising Dragon
    2012-01-24 13:03
    Rising Dragon
    I'm not underestimating Laevatein. But the Device is not indestructible--once Cypha Reacted, there was little Signum and Agito could've done. Laevatein was destroyed fairly easily against the Divider, and if it could outright destroy it, then if it was in perfect condition it still would've sustained heavy damage. A second Device would've drawn out the battle a bit more, but not by much. And even if those two + Teana had to deal with Touma, you're forgetting that they'd run right into Arnage, and then they'd be really screwed. The only way Signum could've come out of that battle unhurt is if she'd relinquished to Cypha's request and retreated--but that's not in Signum's character, so it was inevitable that it resulted in Signum's near-death experience.

No, he's quite specific that they're Type Is, and the AMS they gain from the Type Is is a side-effect of their linking to a Megah. My guess is that the four AMFs they produce are all concentrated onto a single spot and the Megah just strengthens it into a shield of sorts. The other advantage of the Megah is that they're capable of learning on the fly and forming strategies to deal with enemies, unlike the Gadget Drones. Type-IIIs are simply too big to bind to a Megah and keep it effective--Megahs are only 10 feet tall.
  6. Akiyoshi
    2012-01-24 12:20
    Akiyoshi
    You're understimating Laevatin here, sure the sword would be damaged but i really doubt it would be outright destroyed. As we saw, Laevatin was already badly damage when Cypha destroyed it. Signum may be cocky and reckless but i like to think she's not an idiot, after seeing Laevatein destroyed and the second sword damaged she will realize that she can't make it against Cypha and will find a way to distract her(and by the way, if Signum is still councsious there's no need for Agito to go reckless on Cypha). Fate presumably already posses 5th Gen bardiche which will make her more than a match to Cypha allowing Teana, Signum and Agito to concentrate to deal with Tohma. So yeah, i doubt Laevatein's sheat could tranform into an independent sword because that could be very ...very usefull back there xDU.

I guess you mean paired with "Type-III" Gadget drones since Type-I's AMF is barely enough to cancel bullets and other simple magical effects, The Belkan Knight have close to no problem beating the things and even pure spell shooters like Nanoha and Teana start destroying the things by dozens ina few chapters(even Vice is able to do it for Pete's sake). To make justrice to Type-III most of them are killed by strong attacks like point blank divine buster, buffed Strada, Shidden Issen and the such and only killed by dozens by characters using advanced forms like Unisoned Signum, Bardiche Zamber or Nanoha's Exceed Mode.

But yeah, i guess megatron-like robtos are a bit more flexible than clumsy Gundam-types so the "combat learning" ability is pretty usefull, for series focused on magic i've never seen Slayersverse nor Nanohaverse applying the "Ki/magic sense" to be able to spot opponent's out of sight so the Invisibility power is also usefull here xD(they'll be screwed againt the-Z-warriors xD), Signum displayed some kind of "extra sense" in a recent chapter but probably that has more to do with her experience and knowledge of her surrounding space than with any extransensorial ability xDU.

So they in fact become weaker than in canon xD. They lack most of said Human weaknesses xD. Also Nanya is understimating the power of some good spells xD. Cinque blocks Laevatein with one hand gaining only a small cut when the Sword was able to cut Cypha's arm off(and Cypha probably have a much tougher body than Cinque), also belkan defensive spells are crazy strong, so far Signum's defenses are only second to Yuuno and possibly Nanoha's, by short distance i give that something as thin as her fingers wouldn't probably resisted he shockwave but her face and torso? Unless is clarified that rumble Detonator is buffed by Chaos magic i hardly buy that, but well, that's already done so there's no need in picking on that.

Seeing The BTF Wolks giving a decent battle before going Slayerverse magic on the numbers give a good omen for their canon counterparts. Specially after upgrading(Agito-buffed Karyuu Issen is basically a small area Dragon Slave shaped like a sword xD).

To be fair i enjoyed the last Chapter, is always good to see that Voltaire is as Alpha as always xD! Nobody mess with Godzilla's cousin xD!
  7. Rising Dragon
    2012-01-23 16:02
    Rising Dragon
    Any action done, be it parrying Cypha's weaponry or attacking Cypha herself would've wrecked any weapon of Signum's. And if Cypha saw reinforcements coming, chances are she would've stopped playing around with her food and just killed the whole lot of them. Teana wouldn't have been much help in that fight anyway, given her lack of a AEC weapon, and whatever damage Signum and Laevatein would've sustained would've meant they'd be of little use in the battle--so it'd still be Fate alone vs. Cypha. So no. An extra sword or sword-type Device would not have helped Signum in the slightest--the only thing that would've helped is an AEC weapon, which as was said in the manga, not ready for her yet.

Megahs learn from battle, and Megahs, when paired up with Type-1 Gadget Drones, wield an AMF molded into a shield, making it strong enough to nullify pretty much any magic. Add in the invisibility factor they've gained for the latest battle...

In the canon? Yes. The Numbers in the canon were highly specialized and some of them were next to worthless in a melee fight. The canon Numbers also didn't have access to genetic manipulation that would've made them superior fighters, or access to obscure and dangerous magic. Or familiars, or Lost Logia-level Al-hazardian weaponry. BTF!Numbers have DNA taken from the Nanoha (who has her own genetic surprises) or dragons, and one of them is using Mazoku-destroying weaponry and another has her own familiar. And Cinque has Chaos powers. If canon!Signum or Vita went up against them, they'd be curb-stomped fairly easily--and in BTF, the only thing that changed is their lifespans and their inability to access the Tome's greater functions, and Vita is now a much bigger target than in canon. And their losses have been appropriate. As for pain, that's what happens to them when they're turned human, they have human weaknesses, like blood loss and bone structural damage. There's nothing that can be done about that.
  8. Akiyoshi
    2012-01-23 15:50
    Akiyoshi
    Not exactly, Cypha only broke Laevatein because he was already damaged for previously chopping her arm. A mint condition Belkan sword would help Signum wonders into parrying the killing cross-slash, even if the second sword get badly damaged afterwards(and there's no reason for that to happen as Laevatein fought just fine against Divider-944 before being damaged) Signum just could have avoided the lethal strike and gain distance and delay Cypha until reinforcements come to rescue her(Teana and Fate were already on the way by that point).

Enlight me, what differentiates the Megahs from the Giant gundams Pre-cartridge Nanoha and Fate were curbstompping effortlessly at the end of Season One? Aside of firepower, of course.

I'm pretty sure Vita and Signum are able to give most of the Numbers a run for their money in canon. While i accept that Ciqnue and the numbers are buffed beyond belif in BTF the Wolks seems to be a lot less resillent than in canon. They rarely grieve that much over pain and certainly takes whole lot more than the damage depicted to take one of them dowm(Cypha manage top do it because it was very massive damage caused by an anti-magic blade, i doubt buffed Rumble Detonator have the same effect xDU).
  9. Rising Dragon
    2012-01-23 15:18
    Rising Dragon
    A second sword wouldn't have been of any help against Cypha. It would've broken just as easily as Laevatein did.

No, that's just your bias talking again. The enemies that they've been facing in BTF are utterly beyond anything fielded in canon Nanoha.
  10. Akiyoshi
    2012-01-23 15:05
    Akiyoshi
    A second sword could be very usefull or at lest a good help while facing the likes of Zest and Cypha, yet she didn't used that.

....their toughness seems to be reduced as well, also their capability of being reconstructed(which is what made possible handicapping Signum on first place xD). They do seem to be a bit weaker than their canon counterparts.

...By the way, their life spans are also significantly reduced in canon as they probably will die alongside Hayate anyway xDU