AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Rising Dragon

Notices

Conversation Between Rising Dragon and Akiyoshi
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 61
  1. Akiyoshi
    2012-01-24 12:20
    Akiyoshi
    You're understimating Laevatin here, sure the sword would be damaged but i really doubt it would be outright destroyed. As we saw, Laevatin was already badly damage when Cypha destroyed it. Signum may be cocky and reckless but i like to think she's not an idiot, after seeing Laevatein destroyed and the second sword damaged she will realize that she can't make it against Cypha and will find a way to distract her(and by the way, if Signum is still councsious there's no need for Agito to go reckless on Cypha). Fate presumably already posses 5th Gen bardiche which will make her more than a match to Cypha allowing Teana, Signum and Agito to concentrate to deal with Tohma. So yeah, i doubt Laevatein's sheat could tranform into an independent sword because that could be very ...very usefull back there xDU.

I guess you mean paired with "Type-III" Gadget drones since Type-I's AMF is barely enough to cancel bullets and other simple magical effects, The Belkan Knight have close to no problem beating the things and even pure spell shooters like Nanoha and Teana start destroying the things by dozens ina few chapters(even Vice is able to do it for Pete's sake). To make justrice to Type-III most of them are killed by strong attacks like point blank divine buster, buffed Strada, Shidden Issen and the such and only killed by dozens by characters using advanced forms like Unisoned Signum, Bardiche Zamber or Nanoha's Exceed Mode.

But yeah, i guess megatron-like robtos are a bit more flexible than clumsy Gundam-types so the "combat learning" ability is pretty usefull, for series focused on magic i've never seen Slayersverse nor Nanohaverse applying the "Ki/magic sense" to be able to spot opponent's out of sight so the Invisibility power is also usefull here xD(they'll be screwed againt the-Z-warriors xD), Signum displayed some kind of "extra sense" in a recent chapter but probably that has more to do with her experience and knowledge of her surrounding space than with any extransensorial ability xDU.

So they in fact become weaker than in canon xD. They lack most of said Human weaknesses xD. Also Nanya is understimating the power of some good spells xD. Cinque blocks Laevatein with one hand gaining only a small cut when the Sword was able to cut Cypha's arm off(and Cypha probably have a much tougher body than Cinque), also belkan defensive spells are crazy strong, so far Signum's defenses are only second to Yuuno and possibly Nanoha's, by short distance i give that something as thin as her fingers wouldn't probably resisted he shockwave but her face and torso? Unless is clarified that rumble Detonator is buffed by Chaos magic i hardly buy that, but well, that's already done so there's no need in picking on that.

Seeing The BTF Wolks giving a decent battle before going Slayerverse magic on the numbers give a good omen for their canon counterparts. Specially after upgrading(Agito-buffed Karyuu Issen is basically a small area Dragon Slave shaped like a sword xD).

To be fair i enjoyed the last Chapter, is always good to see that Voltaire is as Alpha as always xD! Nobody mess with Godzilla's cousin xD!
  2. Rising Dragon
    2012-01-23 16:02
    Rising Dragon
    Any action done, be it parrying Cypha's weaponry or attacking Cypha herself would've wrecked any weapon of Signum's. And if Cypha saw reinforcements coming, chances are she would've stopped playing around with her food and just killed the whole lot of them. Teana wouldn't have been much help in that fight anyway, given her lack of a AEC weapon, and whatever damage Signum and Laevatein would've sustained would've meant they'd be of little use in the battle--so it'd still be Fate alone vs. Cypha. So no. An extra sword or sword-type Device would not have helped Signum in the slightest--the only thing that would've helped is an AEC weapon, which as was said in the manga, not ready for her yet.

Megahs learn from battle, and Megahs, when paired up with Type-1 Gadget Drones, wield an AMF molded into a shield, making it strong enough to nullify pretty much any magic. Add in the invisibility factor they've gained for the latest battle...

In the canon? Yes. The Numbers in the canon were highly specialized and some of them were next to worthless in a melee fight. The canon Numbers also didn't have access to genetic manipulation that would've made them superior fighters, or access to obscure and dangerous magic. Or familiars, or Lost Logia-level Al-hazardian weaponry. BTF!Numbers have DNA taken from the Nanoha (who has her own genetic surprises) or dragons, and one of them is using Mazoku-destroying weaponry and another has her own familiar. And Cinque has Chaos powers. If canon!Signum or Vita went up against them, they'd be curb-stomped fairly easily--and in BTF, the only thing that changed is their lifespans and their inability to access the Tome's greater functions, and Vita is now a much bigger target than in canon. And their losses have been appropriate. As for pain, that's what happens to them when they're turned human, they have human weaknesses, like blood loss and bone structural damage. There's nothing that can be done about that.
  3. Akiyoshi
    2012-01-23 15:50
    Akiyoshi
    Not exactly, Cypha only broke Laevatein because he was already damaged for previously chopping her arm. A mint condition Belkan sword would help Signum wonders into parrying the killing cross-slash, even if the second sword get badly damaged afterwards(and there's no reason for that to happen as Laevatein fought just fine against Divider-944 before being damaged) Signum just could have avoided the lethal strike and gain distance and delay Cypha until reinforcements come to rescue her(Teana and Fate were already on the way by that point).

Enlight me, what differentiates the Megahs from the Giant gundams Pre-cartridge Nanoha and Fate were curbstompping effortlessly at the end of Season One? Aside of firepower, of course.

I'm pretty sure Vita and Signum are able to give most of the Numbers a run for their money in canon. While i accept that Ciqnue and the numbers are buffed beyond belif in BTF the Wolks seems to be a lot less resillent than in canon. They rarely grieve that much over pain and certainly takes whole lot more than the damage depicted to take one of them dowm(Cypha manage top do it because it was very massive damage caused by an anti-magic blade, i doubt buffed Rumble Detonator have the same effect xDU).
  4. Rising Dragon
    2012-01-23 15:18
    Rising Dragon
    A second sword wouldn't have been of any help against Cypha. It would've broken just as easily as Laevatein did.

No, that's just your bias talking again. The enemies that they've been facing in BTF are utterly beyond anything fielded in canon Nanoha.
  5. Akiyoshi
    2012-01-23 15:05
    Akiyoshi
    A second sword could be very usefull or at lest a good help while facing the likes of Zest and Cypha, yet she didn't used that.

....their toughness seems to be reduced as well, also their capability of being reconstructed(which is what made possible handicapping Signum on first place xD). They do seem to be a bit weaker than their canon counterparts.

...By the way, their life spans are also significantly reduced in canon as they probably will die alongside Hayate anyway xDU
  6. Rising Dragon
    2012-01-23 14:58
    Rising Dragon
    Probably because she didn't need a second sword at the time. And I'm aware it only did so when attached to Laevatein, but it still raises the possibility of it being able to do independently.

Given that they're Belkan knights, no--I doubt their strength is on the level of a normal human's. Mages in general have vastly superior strength as it is.

As Nanya said, the only thing that was reduced about the Wolkenritter's becoming human is their lifespans.
  7. Akiyoshi
    2012-01-23 14:51
    Akiyoshi
    Which further raises the question of why in the span of three seasons Signum hasn't casted a second sword to aid her in battle at least once. Also, the sheat only becomes a second blade after fusing with Laevatein's hilt forming a double sword. It's unkown if the sheath can become a complete independent sword.

Oh, they are, well then...

do you have an answer for the other question? cause i'm really curious xD
  8. Rising Dragon
    2012-01-23 14:45
    Rising Dragon
    The sheath can become a second sword--that's exactly what it did when it was attached to Laevatein before the whole thing transformed into the Bogenform.

And yes, Shine Swords are essentially mass-produced Swords of Light. The extra firepower was needed due to the threat Megahs present.
  9. Akiyoshi
    2012-01-23 14:41
    Akiyoshi
    Well, that's descicion of Tsuzuki at the end(if Signum uses the sheath as a second sword why don't give her a proper second sword instead? or at least enabling the sheath to become a second sword of srots).

I don't know much about Shine Swords except that are a rip off of the sword of ˝light or something like that(or i'm confusing those for Blast Swords? i don't know). So i won't comment on that but is still new to see Signum actively going offensive with two-swords instead of one(weird in my personal opinion).

Thanks for the source xD! It's good to have actual basis to understand this.

A question, the Wolkenritters in BTF who have become normal human have their strenght reduced to that of normal human beings of their size and constitution right?
  10. Rising Dragon
    2012-01-23 14:32
    Rising Dragon
    Which is typically what you're supposed to do when wielding two swords--one of them's mainly for defensive purposes, but I digress. Nanya has his reasons for adding a Shine Sword to her arsenal.

Also, here's your source on artificial limbs: http://nanoha.julynet.jp/?%CB%E2%CB%...ikerS#u643ef44