AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and 0utf0xZer0
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 64
  1. Archon_Wing
    2013-08-22 17:25
    Archon_Wing
    1.) Misato Katsuragi, Motoko Kusanagi, Shinobu, Fate (Though she's one of those rare cases where 2 eventually applied to 1. It's wonderful, really!), Nana Osaki if she counts
    2.) Kuroneko, Ririchiyo, Ohana, Wakana, Mai Kawasumi
    3.) None really... haven't seen too much of EF
  2. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-08-22 16:03
    0utf0xZer0
    I feel the urge to ask a few of you guys some questions as a thought exercise.
    1) Adult female characters that appeal to you. Immortal options are allowed but you have to give some non-immortal ones as well (because I want to get answers other than just Horo and Matsuri).
    2) Characters you'd like to see an older version of.
    3) Male characters in EF you like or dislike.

I'll probably post my own answers at some point but it might be a few days due to various stuff I have going on.
  3. Archon_Wing
    2013-08-07 04:32
    Archon_Wing
    Outfox, tell me about Kotomi and moe so that heathens such as Pocari can understand.
  4. Archon_Wing
    2013-07-28 13:22
    Archon_Wing
    Oh yes, Pocari didn't care for Inu x Boku SS. I think it's just too slow for his tastes. He also doesn't have the tragic moe feel, poor him.

However, he absolutely loved evil Kyon... err Kagerou when I linked him a few months ago. I'm sure he wants someone flying around AS doing the same thing.

Also, Ririchiyo is really cute. I know that's redundant, but I wanted to say it.
  5. Archon_Wing
    2013-01-27 04:38
    Archon_Wing
    Hi. That was a longer response than anticipated.

Well, I can definitely agree with you on Ririchiyo. She is definitely an amazing kind of moe, though calling her a loli tsundere may or may not undersell her prowess. XD I think she sorta falls under Kuroneko's type of charm. Very sharp witted and a sharp tongue yet contains moments of weakness to melt one's heart with and has awesome fashion sense. And wonderful looks. Ririchiyo probaly wins in the looks category, but Kuroneko is my favorite in this area, and it's pretty hard to uproot her.

It goes without saying that I also like the character in my avatar-- Mio-- much, even if she lacks the fashion sense of the former two for similar reasons. (Very sharp tongue, says shit to startle people, and is secretly a perv yet doesn't seem to mind talking about it in a deadpan manner. I can relate! )

As for Eru, well, Genki-moe tends to be miss for me except in cases like Akira and Ohana. But I felt in the later two cases that they actually were very mature at times and of course the whole troubled past thing is like a +2 for me. XD Of course Ririchiyo would fall into this, and well the grand majority of my favorite characters as listed on MAL. Wakana in Tari Tari was quite moving for the short time her arc took.,m

I'm quite sure Shiina would be good too, though I'm just not keen on that series. Mari Okada tends to be a name to run to the hills these days (But it's an adaptation, so that's not fair)

Shinobu deserves to be counted as a new character since she really wasn't much in Bakemono. And yea she was just extremely charming, and has the personality of a centuries old cougar in the body of a loli. It's like Japan's wet dream! Definitely hard to stay away from, and liking donuts is definitely the punch. She's also what made the later half of Nise/Neko watchable. And I never expected to her to be like that. The moment she started talking, I burst out laughing and it just went uphill after that.

Oh, and then Kana Hanazawa. We can never have enough Kana Hanazawa. Well, the latest episodes of Shin Sekai Yori, have brought out her great performance with Maria as of late.
  6. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-01-25 04:08
    0utf0xZer0
    Hmmm, not exactly an easy question to answer. 2013 is barely started and while I enjoyed many shows in 2012, it just didn’t seem to be as strong a year for moe characters as 2011 was. For reference, my picks for 2011 were Charlotte (Infinite Stratos), Kuroneko (OreImo true route episodes), Yune (Ikoku Meiro no Croisee), Ohana and Tomoe (Hanasaku Iroha). When the list of characters who didn’t make the cut includes Mami, Mayuri, and Kurisu… yeah.

That said, 2012 did have two standout moe characters in Ririchiyo Shirakiin and Chitanda Eru.
    If there’s one thing I’d say stood out about 2012 heroines, it was the strong showing from the what I’d call the “charmingly sharp” archetype. Fujiko Mine, Nisemonogatari’s expension of Shinobu and encore performance from Hitagi, and especially Jormungand’s Koko Hekmartyer were exceptional. But while some of these characters had some moe, it was Ririchiyo that expertly blended charming sharpness with the more classical moe of the loli-tsundere in a complex, multifaceted package. Ririchiyo is the real deal, and my top heroine for 2012.

Chitanda is more traditional – both figuratively and literally, and the latter gives that extra bit of character her competition lacks. She nails that “just grounded enough” joyous enthusiasm that made Akira such a great character in Yosuga no Sora in that way most genki-moe girls don’t quite manage – and unlike some studios Kyoto has the talent to show their audience in no uncertain terms exactly why even someone like Oreki can’t quite resist her.

A few other notables:

Kotoura from Kotoura-san: I’m not sure I’d actually say there’s a lot exceptional about Kotoura-san (aside from, you know, her ability to read minds), but she benefits from being the title character in a show that has enough heart to make an otherwise sappy and overly melodramatic story work.
    (As a enthusiast of what I refer to as “moe and melodrama” shows, I can’t recommend Kotoura-san enough, especially since – despite the first ten minutes – it just so happy compared to many such shows.)

Rina Yaegashi – AKA Taichi’s little sister in Kokoro Connect. There’s tons of crappy little sister characters in anime these days, but occasionally someone does it right. Mei perhaps did it best in Clannad, but I have the feeling that Rina might have pulled it off in Kokoro Connect given more screen time. Alas, it was not to be.

Shiina Mashiro (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo): It’s really her emotional inexperience and artistic dedication that sells this cute artist in her own little world to me.

The Bakemonogatari girls: I generally won’t pick returning characters unless the new season either improves their character or does an exceptional job reminding me why I loved them in the first place (hence why you won’t see any Fate-verse characters here, for example). Hitagi and Hanekawa sort of make the cut, but not in a way I can really get behind. Nadeko didn’t have a great year. Mayoi and Shinobi though? Nisemonogatari’s two loli-est stole the show this time around with the way they sparred both vertically and physically with Araragi – and in a show with the likes of Hitagi, that says something.

Kana Hanazawa’s characters: I try not to be too much of a Kana Hanazawa fanboy. I don’t like all her characters. I remind myself that Noto Mamiko does the soft and silky-smoth voices I love about Kana just as well as Kana does. But that voice just gives that extra spark sometimes:

Quote:
    Ayase (Guilty Crown): Ayase reminds me a bit of Charlotte from Infinite Stratos: an exceptional heroine stuck in a weak if not outright bad anime. Ayase’s a lot rougher than Charlotte but still has that “KanaHana with some spunk” appeal. And like Charlotte, she made me watch all the way to the end of a show that I’m honestly not sure I would have otherwise.

Karuta (Inu x Boku SS) and Maria (Shinsekai Yori): I’ll admit it – these two wouldn’t be on here if not for me choosing to do a KanaHana list, as there are a number of unlisted characters I like just as much. But I find myself liking them a lot for such unexceptional characters, and I think Kana has a lot to do with them.

Ren Kougyoku (Magi): the “innocent little girl with a crush” side of her personality isn’t that exceptional. But the one occasion where she’s goes full on bloodlust mode is similar to the last time I remember Kana playing an evil character in 2011 Kamisama Dolls: utterly glorious in Kana’s silky smooth way.

Yuriko (Kotoura-san): Trickster with a heart of gold. And Kana’s voice. A case of a great voice and a great show giving an otherwise unexceptional character a boost.

Okay, I could probably think of more if I put my mind to it but that’s enough for now. Back to work time.
  7. Archon_Wing
    2013-01-23 01:31
    Archon_Wing
    Hi Outfox.

What would be your moe character picks as of these recent seasons?
  8. Archon_Wing
    2013-01-08 06:08
    Archon_Wing
    That doesn't reflect well on Shaft, regardless. And I'm pretty ehh on Nadeko herself, though the arc itself wasn't bad. So it's kinda fuzzy. By and far one of the weaker Kana Hanazawa character to me though.

And yes I know of Shin Oounma. He certainly had some skills in EF.
  9. 0utf0xZer0
    2013-01-07 23:35
    0utf0xZer0
    Just as a quick note regarding Nadeko's arc in Bakemonogatari: the way I understand it, the staffing between the two episodes is actually quite different: episode 9 and the Renai Circulation OP was made by Silver Link under the combined direction of Shin Oonuma (an ex-Shaft director probably best know for doing the anime adaptation of EF) combined with acouple of Shaft regulars, whereas episode 10 had more typical arrangements for a shaft series.

Also, Bake episode 10's TV cut has nothing on a couple of other Shaft's "oh shit we're not going to have this ready for broadcast" moments from older series. The TV cut of Moon Phase episode 12 comes to mind as worse if my memory serves correctly.
  10. Archon_Wing
    2012-12-26 18:20
    Archon_Wing
    Quote:
    Photo of the new Mai figure my brother got me taken using the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 my parents got me (should be nice for con photography)
    http://tinypic.com/r/2v2iel4/6
    Hey I saw this, and that's great.