AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Demi.
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 33
  1. Demi.
    2010-08-12 17:32
    Demi.
    You play SCII? Online? If so, we should play sometime.
  2. Archon_Wing
    2010-05-15 21:48
    Archon_Wing
    Ah, it just seems like even shows from 2-3 years ago are "old" and nobody cares anymore no matter how popular it was or how much people fell in love with it.

The Nanoha movie, when HQ comes up, should remind a few people of the franchise's existence. At least we're discussing the movie in that thread now, though it wasn't really what I want to talk about.
  3. Demi.
    2010-05-14 20:23
    Demi.
    Just replied in order to each one of your quotes.

It's a real shocker, I know...But I've meet a few. StrikerS seems to be a -hate it- or -love it- anime for a lot of people, so StrikerS in particular tends to be the favorite series of the three to a lot of people, even if just as many people hate it with a burning passion...

Yeah, saddening indeed. That's why I stick to my roots. If I find something else that interests me, it doesn't mean I'll forget about the things which already do.

Fan hating, or fan spiting - yes, it's most likely one of the two...Although somewhere along the way, they become so accustomed to hating the fans, that they really do start to loathe the character as well. It certainly takes a lot of skewed perception to come to that reality, but that is human nature, unfortunately. If they can't find a reason to hate the character, they'll just make one up.

Well, that is true. Though it's rare for me to actually see someone voting on moe these days. May as well be a 'favorite character contest.'

A lot of times I'll watch a series just for the character as well, although on occasion it leads to me being a fan of the series too.
  4. Archon_Wing
    2010-05-13 14:26
    Archon_Wing
    A's being the worst? WAT? Now that requires severe twisting as nobody in their right mind could not think A's plot was easily the best planned. Though it does seem among non-fans who liked some of these shows, they don't seem to place A's that much higher than the other seasons, some actually like season 1 better...

Quote:
    I usually never forget it...as compared to people who fanboy over something for maybe a week, and then repeat the same process with some other anime, while forgetting the previous one.
    Oohh yea, it does sadden me when people just like "move on" the bandwagon, causing entire subforums to become ghost towns.

Quote:
    It might have to do with shipping, who knows. From what I gather, some people don't like her because of the rabidness of her fan base.
    I can't buy this; sometimes it sounds like fan hating. I mean fans are gonna be fans, which are gonna be excited over what they like. And I am certain they can't be nearly as rabid as say, Yuki Nagato fans. But I still like Yuki, even though I think the fanbase for Haruhi is quite insane. It's just a pet peeve of mine, where people will review a fanbase instead of the anime or the character. ZOMG THIS MOVIE IS FOR FATE FANBOIS has no bearing on the quality of the movie itself, and just comes across as a cheap ad homenim. It's fucking lame and not objective at all to turn a commentary into a rant about fans.

Quote:
    Even Tomoyo?
    Never was sure where the two were placed on your favorite list, but since you've had that avatar of Tomoyo for so long, figured she was some place high. As for your #1 character - That's Mai, I take it?
    Hmm, I suppose the top 3 are interchangeable. I don't like to choose really.
    Well, it's about moe, right? Tomoyo is my favorite character, but there's no way in hell she can be as moe as Fate.

Mai (For all the annoying characters Key makes, they sure do Kuuderes well!) is somewhere in between; I suppose she can be as cute as Fate-- still a toss up.

In any case, all 3 character's mere presence made me watch their respective shows I'd never watch otherwise, and that's why I like them.

Quote:
    In other news, I really wish I could watch some anime right about now, but my motherboard is overheating, orz...Apparently your sound card dies after your motherboard gets too hot. It's funny because the sound works for a few minutes and then just shuts down. Guess I'll be adding a motherboard to my "to buy" list.
    That sucks. Hope you get that dealt with; fortunately the anime will be waiting for you anyways.
  5. Demi.
    2010-05-13 13:51
    Demi.
    The people who think that all say the same thing - Side characters got shafted, therefor it's not as good anymore. Yet, because they appeared so frequently on the first season, is half the reason people were bored of the series. Too much of them, and not enough series progression. Well, you can't please everyone...There are people who find A's to be the worst of the three seasons, as impossible as I find that to believe.

I still hang around, though I was never a Nanoha (the series) fanboy. I always really enjoyed it, but I was always more a fan of a few of the characters, rather than the series itself. With that said, A's was one of my favorite series though. Once I find somethign enjoyable, I usually never forget it...as compared to people who fanboy over something for maybe a week, and then repeat the same process with some other anime, while forgetting the previous one.

It might have to do with shipping, who knows. From what I gather, some people don't like her because of the rabidness of her fan base. Yeah, that's makes a whole lot of sense...It's not like a fanbase can change what you liked about her before getting acquainted with her fanbase. And then there are those who think Fate is shafting all the other characters, like you said...But I won't get into that because that's just silly.

Yeah, I especially liked how she was reminiscing about her past (and confrontations with Nanoha) as she was waking up. Definitely added some magic to the scene.

Even Tomoyo?
    Never was sure where the two were placed on your favorite list, but since you've had that avatar of Tomoyo for so long, figured she was some place high. As for your #1 character - That's Mai, I take it?

In other news, I really wish I could watch some anime right about now, but my motherboard is overheating, orz...Apparently your sound card dies after your motherboard gets too hot. It's funny because the sound works for a few minutes and then just shuts down. Guess I'll be adding a motherboard to my "to buy" list.
  6. Archon_Wing
    2010-05-13 12:17
    Archon_Wing
    Hah, it'd be pretty insane to claim the movie is worst than the 1st season. It would require a lot of twisting. (Could argue the movie did a few things worse, but that's about it) But yea, I'm gonna watch the HQ when it comes out.

Yea, I would imagine a lot of the folks left after StrikerS; I for one lost interest when I realized there was no more anime as a fourth season and only came to the subforum when I heard about the movie. But, a quick stare at the movie poll suggests that there's a bunch of people that like the movie but don't feel the need to spit out some text wall over it. I liked it so much, I wrote something else for MAL.

Though I wonder if some of this anti-feitoism has to do with shipping-- I blame this a lot on Seven Arcs and their teasing as well as forgetting of some characters. But it does get kinda crazy at some point as there is some straw man punching-- you'd think from some of the Anti-fate posts that Fate fans spend all day in a dark room staring at Fate pics and fapping every time Fate comes on the screen. As I frequently browse the Clannad subforums, shipping is just an argument that causes me to bang my head against the keyboard where people hate a show just because of the plot's relationship choice. I really have no idea, since I've only browsed AS-nano for movie info and some other occasional talk.

Also it seems to be assumed that being a Fate fan means you must autoship NanoFate. I don't mind that, but geez, it's like liking Nanoha and Fate moments equates to pissing in the holy water.

As for stealing screen time, everyone got shafted in StrikerS, that wasn't Fate's fault at all.

But I don't care anymore since I've seen the movie. Opinions are opinions and the movie isn't for everyone I guess. my reviews are the only way I can try to convince people otherwise, if they don't like it, it's just their loss.

I liked her change in personality too (we did want something diffrent, right) It made her waking up from her catatonic state much more credible and made it a touching scene even though I've seen it before. So yea.

Also, at this point, I'll probably be voting nobody over Fate in Saimoe. The only character that I would isn't even in.
  7. Demi.
    2010-05-11 20:13
    Demi.
    Yeah, that's pretty much how I saw it after watching. I was a bit sad about a few things they removed/changed, but for the most part is definitely exceeded the quality of the original.

Bluray is a long time coming, but hopefully it makes it's way here by the end of the year. You really can't get the full enjoyment out of it with that kind of video quality.

And eh, some reason the Animesuki Nano subforum is a buncha Fate haters. I don't know when or why it happened, but it wasn't always like that. As you can see by how she dominates all of their fav. character polls with relative ease. Well, everyone that's left are Force fanboys, I imagine most of the original fans moved on elsewhere since they lack interest in Force.

Anyways, speaking of Fate -- I quite liked her small change in personality. She openly expressed her emotions more in the movie, I guess you could say.
  8. Archon_Wing
    2010-05-10 03:01
    Archon_Wing
    I guess you were right, the movie didn't disappoint. I expected season 1.1, really, and they took out almost everything I didn't like.

It is probably the first upcoming thing in a while that didn't make me raeg or be like "gee that was dumb" I wasn't very happy with a few things in it, but I'll be waiting for the HQ rip to watch it again.

I also have an urge to post in that thread "As a Fate fanboy, I'm in ur animez, stealing ur screentimez" but whatever. That review post is pretty much everything I have to say; sometimes I have no idea what we are arguing about in that thread.
  9. Demi.
    2010-01-19 23:38
    Demi.
    Yepp. And Fate did it rather flawlessly.

Bingo. : D
    Names Killuan on MAL, the creator of the Fate club there as well. We don't really talk much there...(if at all?) but I've seen you around.
  10. Archon_Wing
    2010-01-19 22:22
    Archon_Wing
    Yea, pretty much. Overcoming issues and growing as a result of them is a sign of a well-written character.

MAL... Hmm, I'm not particularly active on that site, as I just use it mainly to keep track of anime and send people recommendations, but I'm guessing you're responsible for the Fate club there as well?