AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 201 to 210 of 263
  1. Archon_Wing
    2011-02-17 14:50
    Archon_Wing
    Also, speaking of Civ, would you care for a Play by Email game of Civ 4 if you have time?
  2. Archon_Wing
    2011-02-17 14:12
    Archon_Wing
    Y SO SRS.

The other problem in civ V is that the AI is a total wuss. I heard rumors, so I tried it on Prince (note it took me forever to beat that equivalent level in other civ games). I wasn't impressed by its scout army defending its cities; I think I lol'd so hard when the city state ally was kicking its ass with 3 units before I could. And there's no point in diplomacy-- they're all jerks.

Me: Hey stop settling near me
    Ramsees: lol wut gtfo.

He built a city so close, I could bombard his defenders with my own city. I wonder if you can just build offensive cities against a neighbor and wipe them out with "defenses"

The city state idea and hex style map are good ideas. But the other stuff, I dunno. And why do my borders grow so slowly? I've been waiting several hundred years to get that fish next door for a few centuries, actually found it faster to just bunch cities together rather than put culture/buy tiles.
  3. Triple_R
    2011-02-17 09:08
    Triple_R
    Glad you like my new avatar, lol.

I think that Kyubey would make a great pet for Luthor and Joker.

Anyway, yeah, Civ 5 was one of the trickier Civ games to manage. A little bit tedious if you wanted to take over the world in the game, lol
  4. Archon_Wing
    2011-02-17 04:06
    Archon_Wing
    Lol, excellent new avatar.

I also recently managed to try Civ 5; holy crap that game is bad. You have to manually select and control each friggin unit. That just wanted to make me end life.
  5. Archon_Wing
    2011-02-11 04:15
    Archon_Wing
    Sorry for butting in:

lol Triple_R, Reckoner's just being his typical self, grumpy and telling kids (and possibly adults) to get off his lawn/couch/w.e. You should be glad he actually likes things.

Anyhow, I like Homura too, but my bias for these kinds of characters is really too transparent.
  6. Archon_Wing
    2011-01-21 18:34
    Archon_Wing
    http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...58#post3449658

I posted a bit on Trek, though it was one hell of a necro.
  7. Triple_R
    2011-01-17 21:44
    Triple_R
    You might be interested to know that I joined MAL. My profile can be found by clicking "MAL" there.

I haven't done a whole lot on MAL yet, but I have rated a few of my more liked series, and listed out some of my favorite anime characters.

I think I'll use MAL, in part, for shorter reviews than what I'll have on my blog.
  8. Archon_Wing
    2011-01-16 15:43
    Archon_Wing
    Hey, do a review on Yosuga no Sora pretty plz. XD I want to laugh.
  9. Archon_Wing
    2011-01-10 03:46
    Archon_Wing
    lol, I hope nobody gets mad at me for the Endless Eight comment. (But I still believe in it!)

I think another problem is that it leads to circular reasoning. The closest one we've had lately is Kirino being a tsundere, and therefore tsundere actions justify her character because she's a tsundere. Which implies that conforming to an archetype (our pavolian trigger) magically makes everything right no matter how badly it interferes with the narrative.

Just because something is cliche, doesn't mean it's right. (Or conversely, cliches aren't inherently wrong either)

On a lighter note:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99207
    Umineko Fighter! I always joked about this, but as a wise article told me once: never make a joke in the anime world without considering the consequences. It sure looks like fun though.
  10. Triple_R
    2011-01-09 23:23
    Triple_R
    Your reply to my blog was great, lol. You hit the nail squarely on the head.

I especially liked this bit here:

Spoiler for Spoiler from my blog:

I've felt exactly the same way for awhile now, and it's just so sad.

You're right that shows like Angel Beats! and Ore no Imouto are "setting low standards and meeting them" with their stories, but even that is better than no standards in storytelling at all, so they get treated as great narratives. When you feed people nothing but cheap fast food, even an average T-bone steak starts to taste like filet mignon.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the reply!