AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 201 to 210 of 272
  1. Triple_R
    2011-03-04 22:57
    Triple_R
    lol Glad you like that line reference. It fits so beautifully now.

I'm slowly starting to warm up to this new sci-fi angle actually.

All I want now, really, is to see Madoka and Homura turn the tide, defeat Walpurgis Night, and force Kyubey and his people to leave our planet and never come back.

I truly hope that we don't get a "bad end" now. I can live with the sacrifices that have already been made, but I want to see Homura and Madoka kick serious ass the rest of the way.

Break the glass, Homura, and show Kyubey that resistance is not futile.
  2. Archon_Wing
    2011-03-04 22:49
    Archon_Wing
    lol, I can't get over your "line must be drawn here" reference.

"Just turn Madoka into an MG already"

Homura: No!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  3. Archon_Wing
    2011-03-04 20:26
    Archon_Wing
    XD A's has been considered by many to be the best part of the franchise. It's funny to link it to what may be the best part of Star Trek. "The Best of Both Worlds"

It's not too hard to see what's so appealing about our heroes fighting an insanely menacing enemy. It's not just powerful; it literally steals what you are made of. Isn't it terrible that your own abilities can be used against yourself and your friends? And then you add what the Borg did to Picard, and what the book did to Hayate. These are enemies that do more than kill you; they really just keep consuming til there's nothing left of you.

Ironically, Hayate DID become their leader. But she's not bald; maybe that's what is holding her back?

Lol, Kyubey and Cardassians. Well, he is pale like them. So he's Gul Dukat-- is he gonna collect all the seeds and shoot fire at them? >.>

He was a great villain, however I really couldn't take the part where he got superpowers seriously.
  4. Triple_R
    2011-03-04 20:18
    Triple_R
    Not bad, Archon. I see your point on the Book of Darkness now.

Truthfully, if Kyubey had emotions, I'd compare him more to Cardassians than to the Borg. The Cardassians treated the Bajorans as a lesser people who were only there to help Cardassians gather fuel and resources. This is how Kyubey and his people are treating humans.
  5. Archon_Wing
    2011-03-04 20:13
    Archon_Wing
    About the Book of Darkness; I think I got the idea because its goal is to basically consume... but not just that; it's also its abilities to use whatever abilities they have taken from their victims.

-- A cold, amoral and heartless thing that is really beyond our comprehension
    -- It's sole goal was to gather magic; it is a combination of all the technology and magic it took, much like how the borg are made of all the species they assimilated
    -- I think it's appropriate that its message to us was "Your magical and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own"
    -- Resistance is futile, for sure.
    -- Not only can it adapt and is nigh invulnerable, it is also capable of using stolen (assimilated) attacks and abilities
    -- It usually can only be slowed down, not destroyed due to amazing defense and regenerative powers.
    -- It is the most powerful threat both of the protagonist factions have faced. (Well, excluding Q and stuff, but...)

And finally,
    Hayate and Picard were basically freed through the power of friendship and personal willpower. Of course, it usually the master is voluntary...
  6. Archon_Wing
    2011-02-27 06:29
    Archon_Wing
    Anyhow, after all this Nanoha talk, did you ever get around to the movie?
  7. Archon_Wing
    2011-02-24 21:10
    Archon_Wing
    Kirino, just because of the level of writing/care between the 2 animes is too big.
  8. Triple_R
    2011-02-24 20:23
    Triple_R
    Hey, Archon, who do you think is the more widely hated and controversial anime character: Kirino or Kyubey?
  9. Archon_Wing
    2011-02-24 01:47
    Archon_Wing
    The next person to claim their theories as absolute truth will get a kick from Kirino... in the balls! (But given the hardheadedness of some, they may actually like it. )

In all seriousness, it's funny to see a number of people claim that their fanwank > everyone else's fanwank. When it's obviously true my fanwank >> all. (No, not really)

Also, in case you couldn't get enough of irritating little sisters, Ore Imo alternate ending is out; at least the first episode. But skip to the end; most of it is identical to episode 12 except it leads on to a slightly more desirable ending.
  10. Archon_Wing
    2011-02-17 14:50
    Archon_Wing
    Also, speaking of Civ, would you care for a Play by Email game of Civ 4 if you have time?