AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Rising Dragon
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 150
  1. Archon_Wing
    2012-09-07 03:21
    Archon_Wing
    Those scam emails have been around for a long time They're hoping to steal your WOW/D3 info in the hopes of getting some things to steal for money. :S
  2. Rising Dragon
    2012-09-06 17:47
    Rising Dragon
    And apparently my Diablo 3 account has been locked down. Go figure.
  3. Archon_Wing
    2012-08-30 22:21
    Archon_Wing
    Ah, figures. Might as well not borrow money and do other stuff for now. I guess relax a bit? I don't know.
  4. Rising Dragon
    2012-08-29 13:23
    Rising Dragon
    Earlier diploma... won't make much of a difference, no one in this bloody town's willing to hire me anyway. Always the usual runaround here ("You don't have enough work experience so we can't hire you at this time") which is why in six years I've had only one job through a work program. One more reason to hate California, I suppose.

Quote:
    And lol, Age. I don't know, it seems a bunch wanted to crucify the series to begin with even before it started. The Gundam subforums seem to be one of the most toxic places on AS for discussion, and that's saying a lot from me. It's like they're complaining about stuff that happens in mecha series anyways. (Gundamjacking is a tradition at this point) I get the feeling people often compare it to some nonexistent grimdark Gundam series. :S
    Pretty much, yeah. As Kaioshin Sama put it, the "thing" is to despise and condemn the current Gundam series (unless it's U.C.) and put it down at every chance, and then praise it as a masterpiece when the next series comes along. Everyone seemed to hate Gundam 00's second season (I joined AS just before it aired) as it progressed, calling it a trainwreck and everything... and now that AGE is airing, those same people say it was amazing and they wished AGE would try to be a little more like it... just one big vicious circle, really. AGE has plenty of flaws, like any other show, but some of its concepts have been really interesting for a Gundam show, such as a protagonist with a "negative" outlook and goal, etc.

Unfortunately, no one's going to appreciate it until the next series is announced.
  5. Archon_Wing
    2012-08-29 13:10
    Archon_Wing
    Quote:
    If I take the semester now, I'd have to have my aunt pay for the credits (I only make about 40 bucks a week, and I currently don't have enough money for even one three-credit class, let alone two), and I'd still have to apply for FAFSA. The money I'd earn from FAFSA would have to be used to pay her back. But if I wait until next semester and apply at the proper time, financial aid will take care of it, I get my money to spend as I wish (technically meant for school supplies, but after what they just pulled? Ha!) and I won't owe any money.
    Yea, I'd imagine it'd be like this. It seems like taking it next semester is better if you want to wait on it, unless you feel like the earlier diploma is gonna make a huge difference.

Ah yes, that was sort of my complaint with SAO. Too many side things and not enough fights and stuff. Still, the 2 leads are good-- the author is good at writing characters, so you may want to check out its sister series Accel World if you have time.

And lol, Age. I don't know, it seems a bunch wanted to crucify the series to begin with even before it started. The Gundam subforums seem to be one of the most toxic places on AS for discussion, and that's saying a lot from me. It's like they're complaining about stuff that happens in mecha series anyways. (Gundamjacking is a tradition at this point) I get the feeling people often compare it to some nonexistent grimdark Gundam series. :S
  6. Rising Dragon
    2012-08-29 12:54
    Rising Dragon
    The online transcript gave no hint to the issue I'd be facing. It said I had 58.5 credits, but that's my total credits and includes the credits that don't count towards the diploma, which is 55.5, I guess. They did tell us that classes with the number designation under 100 were transferrable credits, but nowhere has it said that classes with the number designation over 200 were useless for getting a diploma.

If I take the semester now, I'd have to have my aunt pay for the credits (I only make about 40 bucks a week, and I currently don't have enough money for even one three-credit class, let alone two), and I'd still have to apply for FAFSA. The money I'd earn from FAFSA would have to be used to pay her back. But if I wait until next semester and apply at the proper time, financial aid will take care of it, I get my money to spend as I wish (technically meant for school supplies, but after what they just pulled? Ha!) and I won't owe any money.

The only real complaint I can make about SAO is that in eight episodes there's only been one really cool fight scene, in episode 2. But if it's a 25-episode anime, I think it'll be alright. I've enjoyed it anyway. AGE... well, there are days where I feel like me, Kuroi, and Nos are the only ones who enjoy it anyway; everyone else is too busy fighting about the main characters' actions and slinging mud at each other. The lead-up to the final battle's looking interesting and entertaining, but there's one element revealed in the last episode that I'm not sure how is going to factor into it, since there's only like 4 episodes left and it's all the final conflict in the series.
  7. Archon_Wing
    2012-08-29 12:38
    Archon_Wing
    Typical bureaucracy. It's like they don't even care. That's why you always have to double check personally even if they said otherwise. I guess their online transcript was also misleading? Budget cuts always lead to crap like this, they'd rather spend more money on throwing people in jail. Unfortunately, you'll just have to save up some extra cash and finish it off when you get the chance. What happens if you just don't bother til the next semester? 300 bucks does seem a bit for that kind of college.

Ah, SAO is decent, though a bit draggy in places. How goes AGE?
  8. Rising Dragon
    2012-08-28 23:14
    Rising Dragon
    Well, Shasta college told me I had enough credits to graduate, let me go through the ceremony, then refused to give me the actual diploma because it turns out I didn't have enough credits. And (which they never told me in any of the years I'd been attending the college) that the credits gained in certain classes I had taken wouldn't count towards getting the diploma anyway, thus wasting the time spent in those classes.

So I think my wanting the place to just burn to the ground is a bit justified. Never mind how it'd cost me 300 dollars just to take two full classes for one semester (since it's far too late to apply for financial aid and get it in time for the course), never mind the 32-mile-in-one-direction trip I'd have to take to the campus, with the $4.25 per gallon cost of gas.

Yeah, I am. I don't watch a whole lot comparatively speaking, but I picked up Sword Art Online now that Gundam AGE is wrapping up in the next couple of weeks, and I was considering picking up High School DxD (though that anime's run is finished).
  9. Archon_Wing
    2012-08-28 23:07
    Archon_Wing
    That is a bit too emo, imo.

Still, I can't deny that I've had similar thoughts in the past, since it's a Californian college which means it's most likely horrifically run. Ah yes, tuition increases and people can't get into classes but we can have fancy automatic doors. -_-

Btw, Enjoying yourself with anime as of late?
  10. Rising Dragon
    2012-08-28 21:49
    Rising Dragon
    Is it bad for me to wish that the fires up 'round these parts would take out the college I go to?