AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Rising Dragon
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 164
  1. Archon_Wing
    2015-04-11 17:56
    Well, here's the thing.

We have had text in black and white prohibiting shipping talk-- and that's constantly enforced. The situation you described, I disagree that not being a Fate fan made you banned, however, even if that were true, it's not set as a rule, nor did the Nanoha forum have any special rules that are affixed to it, nor are any of the rules of the sort made so that's only speculation.

Even as a Fate fan, I can see that the whole Nanofate focus of the story is not doing the franchise any favors. Vivid isn't doing me any favors reminding me of it. I'm sure a lot of you share this point, but just decided to pin it down on Fate.

But what do you think? I felt your post was borderline flamebait but you can take my opinion however you wish. If it really wasn't, then just consider how your post can be perceived and you may have to deal with the consequences of the response.
  2. Rising Dragon
    2015-04-11 17:37
    Rising Dragon
    I know you were there. And I know what the notice was about. Doesn't change the fact that the majority of the debate in the movie thread wasn't about shipping Nanoha and Fate together, but about the sheer amount of screentime and focus Fate as an individual gets in the franchise. THAT'S what everyone was arguing about, and that's what got everyone thrown out of the forum.

Basically, the mods sided with the people who were fans of Fate, and threw out everyone else. It seemed to me, and a whole lot of other people, that if you weren't a fan of Fate, you weren't welcome in the Nanoha forum anymore, courtesy of the mods.
  3. Archon_Wing
    2015-04-11 17:33
    Rising, I was there too lol.

This is a cached version of the post that's gone now:

b) treat this shipping as "serious business" and report posts from opposite ships... repeatedly... hoping to get these other people in trouble and for their ship to somehow "prevail".
    c) flame and bait people in other obvious ways that have been going on, in many cases, for years. (And then, as above, trying to get the other side in trouble when they take the bait.)
    That was a central part of it! It was definitely against the rules. I hope that explains why I was thinking that.

Also, you are wrong. There were huge Fate fans that were kicked out. What the people had in common that were kicked was because they couldn't have a civil conversation. The Nanoha subforum isn't special; people of all fandoms have similar issues, and yet you don't see mass evictions happening everywhere. Oreimo had people wishing terrible things on Kirino. So what was the difference? The people there took it way too far.

But that's besides the point. My point is that if you know that a statement is going to lead to discussing banned topics, then don't do it. And there's a lot of passive aggressive stuff that's been going on for years, with people just posting potential flamebait that skirts the rules.

I really hate to say this, but there were people in both sides that were too busy playing the victim; it really takes two to tangle and I think the moderation was right. Sorry.
  4. Rising Dragon
    2015-04-11 17:22
    Rising Dragon
    The issue with the forum is, when the 2nd movie shitstorm happened, a lot of people were kicked out of the Nanoha forum, unable to post, because they sided with the people who didn't like the amount of Fate pandering there is in the fandom. THOSE evictions had nothing to do with shipping Nanoha and Fate together.

Those people were kicked out because they weren't Fate fans, essentially. We are literally not allowed to not like Fate in the AS fandom anymore. There's a reason why activity there plummeted after the 2nd movie.
  5. Archon_Wing
    2013-04-15 03:22
    Ahh fuck this state. Always end up having to pay for state taxes, but at least federal covers it.

And yes, Sena isn't malicous at heart.

I've only gotten deleted a few times and never seriously warned. You just need to know how to phrase things, and it's not like I'm the type to mince words. You also need to back up your points with clear reasoning and don't be quick to accuse people of trolling or w/e.

I explained it here:

Also, someone got so mad at me earlier in said thread that they got banned before I could react.

And yes I need to finish Accel so it'd be nice if you watched. For you I'd give Hana Saku Iroha a shot, show's kinda meh but I think you'd like the main character.
  6. Rising Dragon
    2013-04-14 18:17
    Rising Dragon
    Hmm, well, Yozora was pretty hard to like with how bitchy she got. Sena could get fairly aggravating as well with her arrogance, but she DOES try. And yeah, Saori and Manami certainly don't get a lot of screentime, but I think Saori's getting an episode next.

Eh, every time I throttle someone for being an idiot on this forum, the mods step in and tell me off for it, while doing nothing for the one being an idiot. Hardly fair, especially when AS has some damn idiotic fandoms. I personally feel that AS's Code Geass fandom was worse than the Gundam fandom, but that's just here; I'm certain Gundam is far more widespread. Though, I've come across far better behaved Gundam fans even during Destiny's initial run, but compare that to here... it just makes here look even worse.

Yeah, he's interested in hearing my opinion on Kuroyukihime. I'll get around to Accel World one of these days. :V
  7. Archon_Wing
    2013-04-14 18:03
    A lot of people only watch the show for one choice. Kuroneko didn't appear much in these episodes, and so they seem pretty expressive. It's just like how people complain about the lack of Yozora in Haganai when they're not keen on Sena. It's been 3 years almost, after all. Me personally runs off Kuroneko and Saori, and maybe Manami, but the later 2 are getting scarce.

Personally, I've never had trouble throttling anyone for being an idiot. Might just need to level up more. Then again, I've been in much worse forums then here, so really, I don't think you or Kaioshin have seen what the worst fiends on the internet can do.

Granted, those are some rather aggressive and terrible fandoms you've been in. I would say the Gundam subforum is the worst place to post in, and then any Sunrise-related ones are just as bad because that fanbase is just like that. If you had followed Key (Pre-LB) or Kyoani shows instead, this wouldn't be the case, though it runs in the other direction, in a bad way.

Well, he'd probaly demand you check out Kuroyukihime. Also, don't watch Bakemonogatari then.

Yes, I brought up a hypothetical Oreimo movie scenario. Though granted, I feel this is one series that really needs its supporting cast.
  8. Rising Dragon
    2013-04-14 16:32
    Rising Dragon
    Hmm, as for what you said about Ruri not being the dominating one... well, they DO keep bringing her up in the episode thread, how it was a good episode "despite Kuroneko not being in it"...
  9. Rising Dragon
    2013-04-13 21:56
    Rising Dragon
    Yeah, I know, but that's my biggest issue with anime currently. And it's a real problem as it makes discussing anime difficult; you can't really enjoy discussing it with someone if you're constantly wanting to throttle them for being an idiot. It's the main reason I left the Code Geass and Zero no Tsukaima boards, after all.

Lol, I've been over the hime cut thing with Kaioshin already; he's cool with my stance on it. :V But most of the time I just end up not caring for the hime cut character designs or the personalities usually associated with them. I think there's only like... two hime-cut characters that I actually LIKE, and of the two, only one of them were I like the character design as well.

(Fram Nara, if you're wondering)

And yeah, I figured they'd all have their fanbases, but Ruri seems to have the most outspoken one. It was brought up in the Nanoha movie threads (was it you did so or Kaijo?) as an example of character screentime overtaking others, which says something if it's a foremost idea on such a subject. But right now, I don't mind Ruri and certainly don't dislike her, but the mostly negative impressions I keep getting on character preferences on forums certainly has me on edge about her.
  10. Archon_Wing
    2013-04-13 21:51
    I umm, don't thing you should judge characters just by fan reaction as you will end up hating everyone... or by haircut lol.

Also, how can you say that about Hime Cut? I'm just going to hide this from Kaioshin, before he comes with a torch?

But hah, no Kuroneko isn't the dominating favorite. Kirino, Manami, Saori, and Kuroneko all have their own respective fanbases. I'm just going to say that I do favor Kuroneko, but I'd really want a better criticism then just being too popular. I wouldn't take that too lightly, just saying.