AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 247
  1. Last Sinner
    2014-07-17 18:14
    Last Sinner
    Which is sad because FSN would be one of the titles I actually would want to openly discuss. Ah well.

Sorry for not messaging much lately. I had a ridiculously harsh string of assignments and then exams in an overloaded semester - I had to forego contact with a lot of people IRL as well. Now have my Certificate IV of Accounting to show for it.

Other reason is AVCon (Adelaide's anime and video games convention) starts later tonight. Next 3 days are going to be pretty intense for me since I'm running screenings and the quiz night. Getting access to Crunchyroll was a bit of a coup for us - allowed us to do the quartet of Sailor Moon Crystal, Free S2, P4: Golden and Sword Art Online 2 for opening night, which has generated a lot of hype quickly.
  2. Archon_Wing
    2014-07-17 11:07
    Archon_Wing
    Yea, any time you get a source material that gets regarded as Biblical and if you haven't been enlightened to every detail and all the supplementary material, you are some heathen. It's the same shit that has caused humanity grief over history on a smaller scale. This happens with every crappy LN, and you could see the worst with Haruhi-- while FSN is certainly not that, it could get kinda bad.
  3. Last Sinner
    2014-07-17 09:50
    Last Sinner
    Note to self based on something you said about what others were saying - avoid all FSN threads and discussion anywhere. I don't think Nasu would consider them canon either.
  4. Last Sinner
    2014-06-17 06:37
    Last Sinner
    Screenings schedule 90% complete version for AVCon in July went live tonight. A few titles couldn't be announced yet. Schedule for the four suppliers here.

A few titles in the Crunchyroll section may please you.
  5. Last Sinner
    2014-04-12 10:19
    Last Sinner
    They seem to hint that this somehow may not be the end for the Undertaker. As in this might be a feud for a bit longer.

*shrug* Some people I know think the new gen is awesome but I don't. *shrug* Daniel Bryan has had to prove himself big time to Triple H since while Bryan has all the skills, the submissions and the discipline, he is nowhere near the typical body/persona of a wrestler. But I think the way WWE burnt themselves in recent months with the return of Batista (yeah, did you know they brought HIM back too?!) and what Orton's been up to, things were set for Bryan to get a title run instead.

As for CM Punk - believe it or not, he says he's taking a long break in his mid 30s. Which is a real shame since CM Punk was one of the few who could legit do the whole package. From what I can find, Punk last performed at this year's Royal Rumble then said to Vince 'I'm going home'. Then he didn't appear for a few events he was listed as performing at. He then contacted Vince saying that 'When I said I was going home, I meant it.' From the sounds of it, after his long run, Punk's character had been mistreated for months and he was getting burnt out. It somewhat mirrors how Stone Cold felt before he called it quits. You know how I said Daniel Bryan got the title? Here's what's interesting - CM Punk was the one who was supposed to verse Triple H at WM30, not Daniel Bryan. And the Heavyweight title was supposed to only be between Orton and Batista. But with Punk being permanently fed up and leaving, that meant Triple H was forced to switch things to Daniel Bryan. So a person they heavily built up a couple of years ago. Also, Punk said in an interview he did at Portland Comi Con, he thought Daniel Bryan should main event WM 30, he is fed up with the writers and his body is worn out. If he's like that in his mid-30s, you just wonder how those guys in that business are being treated.

Onto better things - how about this April season? I've got six shows (One Week Friends, Mushishi S2, The World is Still Beautiful, Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro, Brynhildr, Kindaichi R) I'm sticking with. And I feel I will for the journey. This season is throwing up some pleasant surprises for me. I know the popular stuff will be Love Live S2, Knights of Sidonia and Irregular at Magic High School, but I'm not interested in them. I have a season to be invested in. A few months ago I felt this was the one. And my best anime friend is agreeing with me about this season. He, who has been jaded and burnt out for quite a while, is with me on the titles he is going to stick with and he has genuine hope for this season. Like, I guess you find a title or two a season. It's rare to find five or more to like. Or it is for people like me.
  6. Archon_Wing
    2014-04-09 18:31
    Archon_Wing
    I haven't actively followed this stuff for more than 10 years but I must say (People care about wrestling? I hope at least Triple R reads about this and cares ) ; it's standard practice for an established star to pass the torch so to speak on their way out to someone that had a future with the business. When it comes to something this huge, anything short of epic is a disgrace. It needs to mean something that will last. As much as I hate to say this, even the Rock losing to Cena makes more sense than this. If they wanted to let someone break the streak it could have been Punk (ties in with last year) or Bryan since he seems popular. Or if you want someone already there to make a spectacle, it could have been Jericho (can't have good things right?) In any case, one can't cling to the past and they should build up what they have instead of clinging on to a bunch of aging stars-- that's how WcW went down the shitter, and I hear that other TNA crap tried to use Hogan.... lol.

Lesnar has no future with the company and has time and again proved that he doesn't care and will leave when he doesn't feel like it. Yes, they want to go for the mainstream stuff and they could make good use for it well, but do you really think they have the foresight to do, well anything off this? I think I know them well enough.

Funny how the Rock left for better prospects yet stays loyal to the company anyways, giving up a lot from his returns, yet gets bashed to high heavens for daring to move on with his life when his body won't let him proceed, and yet this overrated as hell Lesnar gets nuthugged because he got his hastily thrown together push in order to secure a new star. That lasted long didn't it? It worked great with that Batista guy right? Those who can't remember history, well...

Oh well, Undertaker's name will be eternal. In a few years, That other guy will be known as a good MMA fighter who ended the streak. What was his name again?

And this has nothing to do with nostalgia. It's the company itself that's stuck in the past.
  7. Last Sinner
    2014-04-07 22:22
    Last Sinner
    I know...why Lesnar....

I think it's to do with what will inevitably happen either later this year or ealry 2015.

Kurt Angle said in an interview that he definitely wants to return to the WWE. He said he has 'unfinished business'. And in interviews he did after leaving WWE, Kurt did say the one person he felt at the time that was still worth wrestling there was Brock Lesnar. So yeah, with people like Lesnar returning and with someone like Daniel Bryan there, as well as the sudden slide of TNA, I think Kurt wants back in to WWE for the final part of his career. An Angle-Lesnar feud is obvious. I'd imagine Daniel Bryan would be another. Not sure who else because I haven't watched any WWE in close to a year. And after 'The Streak' ending in this way, I don't want to.

The only good that came out of WM30 was that Daniel Bryan ended up with the Heavyweight belt. If there is one person there at present that deserves it more than anyone, it's Daniel Bryan.
  8. Archon_Wing
    2014-04-07 18:30
    Archon_Wing
    That's fine, but why Lesnar of all people?

No real legacy to build, no careers to set up.
  9. Last Sinner
    2014-04-07 10:47
    Last Sinner
    Well....they actually did it...

21-1....
  10. Last Sinner
    2014-03-28 23:51
    Last Sinner
    Today I learnt a bunch of people in the local anime circles all think Nasu works are pure H-material.....

What the hell....

I'm beginning to think I'm of a very small minority that actually appreciates Nasu's writing. People seem to either want lashings of supernatural action or amusing sex.

*facepalm*