AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 278
  1. Last Sinner
    2015-02-18 02:31
    Last Sinner
    I did some reading up on the leadup to the previous Wrestlemania and its leadup. The decision to make Lesnar be the one that ended the Undertaker's streak was solely Vince McMahon's. And Callaway aka the Undertaker was very shocked by this. I don't think he agreed with how it went down.

Oh, there is a bit of irony in this Reigns vs Lesnar scenario. In reality, Lesnar always wanted to play for the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL but they cut him during camp because he was too volatile. Then he went to the UFC. As for Reigns, he actually did make it onto the Vikings roster for a bit.

Mick Foley and Bret Hart have spoken out against what's been done in the previous 12 months. Hart also specifically targetted Triple H as a wrestler, in the sense he was never innovative and didn't do anything to revolutionize the business. Another sly way to attack how Triple H does business. Alberto del Rio being unfairly cut over the racist employee goading him into being hit is another blight against the organisation. And theren there's the whole CM Punk saga. One feels that if they don't get things right this Wrestlemania, they may have shot themselves in the foot permanently.
  2. Archon_Wing
    2015-02-18 01:19
    Archon_Wing
    Lol, it does sound kinda funny. Since his relative is The Rock, and The Rock also got pushed too fast to the crowd's charin. Doesn't anyone learn anything?

The whole thing sounds banal too. You have a guy that's booked to go to WM in a super predictible fashion while the alternative are just unceremoniously thrown. Meanwhile, Brock Lesnar who has been champion for the longest time just to make a few more dollars is going out the door (again) so it's pretty obvious he's gonna drop the title. None of this would be bad in of itself, except Lesnar's title run was pretty bad, like in not appearing most of the time and feuding with... mostly Cena. So we build this up and even took the Undertaker's streak as collateral damage to build up this unimpressive mound of nonsense. Meanwhile, when Lesnar takes the title away, we get Cena vs the Corporation v35 because that sure didn't get old 10 years ago with HHH again being teh bad guy and of course they can never be defeated, kinda like one of those 80s cartoons.

It's like they didn't learn from last year which Batista randomly won it (I read that, and was like wtf, this guy is back lol) but at the very least they managed to conjure a great way for Bryan to get through. This, they've already said they're not gonna repeat that, because well, talk about digging yourself into a hole.

It's 2015, so giving the fans what they want is changing. News and rumors travel faster than they've always been, and playing blind does them no favors.
  3. Last Sinner
    2015-02-13 21:38
    Last Sinner
    The fellow therein would be Victor Kudo from the third case of Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations. He is eternally ticked off and throws bird seed infinitely at whoever is responsible. Wright once joked that Kudo had unlocked the infinite ammo code. As much of a rager and somewhat of a crackpot Kudo was, he was the crucial reason Wright solved that case. Everyone else lied to infinity and back or were out for blood. Kudo, who was portrayed as being the nuttiest, was eventually the most honest and sanest of all the people Wright had to deal with. I found him to be one of the most intriguing/likeable side/one-off characters in the Ace Attorney universe because instead of being utterly camp, intentionally despicable or plain bland, Kudo was effective at his role and something rarely seen in that series of games. There were similarities to another character who appeared in several cases - Wendy Oldbag - but she was beyond bitter and a perennial liar. When it mattered, Kudo told the truth and Wright figured out the only way how that could have been possible. So hearing that militant, raging tune was the perfect compliment for him. It made up for the fact that case had freaking Godot as the prosecutor....I uttely despise Godot...no idea how someone that is just a bland version of cool, sculls coffee to a fatal degree and isn't remotely funny was that liked - or his generic tune....

Ah yes, Yosuga no Sora is licensed....pity I can't ever conscienably purchase it. If there was a version without the Sora arc, I'd have considered it. Oh well. But hey, once people hear about how borderline H it is, it will sell.

If you need to see for yourself what a travesty the 2015 RR was, check it out on Youtube. There are that many vids of the full event. Of any recent PPV event, for that matter. WWE doesn't seem to even try to take vids down anymore. The irony is, because of the storm that forced Raw the next night to be at their HQ and have no audience, they showed the RR again for free that night. I think it's best you see for yourself - if you actually care to (because I wouldn't blame you if you don't) - so you understand how much of a travesty it was. Not because of the winner (Roman Reigns is one of the few people I actually like in that biz anymore) but how the match as a whole happened.
  4. Archon_Wing
    2015-02-13 17:13
    Archon_Wing
    I really have no idea.

Also, I see Yosuga no Sora's being licensed? Whoa. I was gonna talk to you about the Royal Rumble news, but that's clearly not as important.
  5. Last Sinner
  6. Last Sinner
    2015-01-26 19:41
    Last Sinner
    I am overall. Things were rather intense last week. Weekend at a conservation park seeing natural wildlife was rather refreshing but yesterday cleaning the house out was a real ordeal.

Curious to ask you - have you come across or played HuniePop?
  7. Archon_Wing
    2015-01-16 23:12
    Archon_Wing
    Ohh, it was a lot of work reaching there; don't remind me of the number-- I stopped counting a while back. xD

Hope you are doing well.
  8. Last Sinner
    2015-01-16 13:51
    Last Sinner
    Grats on reaching 31. Keep fighting the good fight.
  9. Archon_Wing
    2014-10-18 21:38
    Archon_Wing
    A lot of people fail by digging too deep to find depth that doesn't exist, failing to realize that sometimes the gems are on the surface at times.
  10. Last Sinner
    2014-10-17 12:18
    Last Sinner
    Even a relatively emotionless person like myself was moved by the honesty and subtlety of One Week Friends. Simple yet effective.