AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 278
  1. Archon_Wing
    2013-01-03 14:28
    I agree that Saber was a bit subpar in Fate/Zero

Kariya was actually really good. I felt sorry for him and knew that his way was wrong but it shows how good intentions can pave the road to hell.

I thought every character had their role, though certainly there were roadbumps.

And I will have to disagree with you on Urobuchi and there's plenty of emotion that runs through the works I've seen with him. It's actually the people who give darker portrayals of the world that have the most emotion, such as the likes of Tomino and such... even if they let being off their meds get the best of them. And it's also why they are effective in portraying situations of war where those sense of morals get lost and only the truly virtuous make sacrifices to keep them.

But being dark and edgy doesn't guarantee you success either; it can just be an exercise in nihilism. Kitsurugu utterly failed to live up to his ideals because he valued practicality and cold blooded utilitarianism because a cruel world taught him that it's the way to succeed. But being amoral led to bad thing; maybe even worse things. And so he finds Shirou, who he'd install ideals into that would finally be able to win on the moral and physical grounds too.

The idealistic is protected by the cynic who allows the former to carry out what they want to do, after all, is a theme I find in his works. But since I like Psycho-Pass too, I guess there's just not a common ground we can find here.
  2. Last Sinner
    2013-01-03 11:49
    Last Sinner
    I personally felt Kiritsugu's backstory in 18 and 19 were the only episodes in S2 I actually felt positive about. The ending is does a reasonable job of linking. There are still some linking issues - a couple in particular are just utterly cruel and for Urobuchi's own satisfaction. The final words of Urobuchi after the 4th and final light novel end chill me. Nasu seems content overall but I will never be able to shake the feeling that Fate/Zero was more about Urobuchi unloading than making a prequel and that Nasu would have done it better. I swear Kotomine in the F/Z timepoint is Urobuchi personified at times.

The biggest issue I have with it all is not Urobuchi himself. It's the characters...I find very few of them to be interesting at all. And those that were for me (Saber, Lancer, Kiriya) were treated like absolute crap. My other big issue is the whole series is utterly devoid of emotion of any kind. It doesn't matter if the biggest bastard or most innocent person died. It was always the same feeling, same outcome, same thing over and over. It's all Urobuchi seems capable of doing. I don't get what people get from that or whether distractions kept them entertained long enough to be able not to care.

I'm not calling Fate/Zero bad. I just know it could have been better. Not just in anime form, but in light novel form. As someone who loved Fate/Stay Night in game form, Fate/Zero feels more like a slap in the face. With what's eventuated with Psycho Pass, Urobuchi continues to give me endless rage.

I might have to play Fate/Stay Night routes in full to move on. But I've still got a few 2012 titles to watch before that can happen.
  3. Archon_Wing
    2013-01-03 11:28
    Well I think it was a bit rushed but Fate/Zero's ending was a great way to connect to Fate/Stay Night. Sorry that you don't feel the same; though we obviously differ on Uborochi.
  4. Last Sinner
    2013-01-03 11:07
    Last Sinner
    I'm gradually assembling something to send you. It will take some time.

And I need time to detoxify....I finally willed myself to watch Fate/Zero S2 tonight...and finished it....and I feel sick. Absolutely sick....I don't think there will ever be a person I will ever hate more or want to kill more than Urobuchi. Even if Okada Rule 34'd all my worst nightmares and put them in the one show, had Anno directing and Tomino storyboarding...I'd still hate Urobuchi more...
  5. Archon_Wing
    2012-12-28 07:43
    Oh Katsuragi of course, though I think describing that has nothing to do with that show. =p

I don't like GC but I still brought up Tsugumi.
  6. Last Sinner
    2012-12-28 07:36
    Last Sinner
    Okay...I can do Sena, Tomoyo, Fate, (which Misato? THE WAR?! If so, I can), Yozora, Asuna (Asuna is hell easy...and I refuse to do anyone else from SAO) and the YnS girls. Give me some time.
  7. Archon_Wing
    2012-12-28 07:22
    lol a list eh.

Well, off the top of my head
    Golden Darkness
    Misato (Though legs are more notable)
    Kotomi, weirdly the only time Kyoani went jiggly in anything properly except...
    Haruhi, but not really into it
    Yozora, although AIC is lame and she never shows anything
    Random people from SAO
    Random people from Pet no Kanojo, and that's the only thing I know about it
    Hiromi from True Tears
    Sawa from Tari Tari
    Maybe Akira and Nao from Yosuga no Sora
    Saeko from HOTD, though I'm not too privy on her in general.
    Tsugumi from Guilty Crown. Ironically one of her buttcheeks were worth more than the whole cast.
  8. Last Sinner
    2012-12-28 07:04
    Last Sinner
    Okay, so Sena qualifies, presuming Tomoyo does too. Who else qualifies? Make me a list.
  9. Archon_Wing
    2012-12-28 06:59
    Well, could be like this . Too bad the show went the wrong way/side.
  10. Last Sinner
    2012-12-28 06:47
    Last Sinner
    So...I suppose you need some butts to stop thinking up such monstrosities?