AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 247
  1. Last Sinner
    2012-10-30 07:45
    Last Sinner
    Nana is a darn good manga. Anime aesthetics kind of irk me though, I was never able to see it through. And yes, there is an element of shoujo-ai. Nana and Hachi probably have the strongest bond, but circumstances and life keep them apart. I seriously hope Yazawa decides to finish the manga soon...it's been stuck for so long with the finale looming. Really hope it's not another case of the Paradise Kiss ending. Yazawa's endings generally hurt.
  2. Archon_Wing
    2012-08-14 03:36
    Archon_Wing
    Well, I'm certainly glad to hear that. I do remember you being frustrated a while back. But I can see the other part involving discussion, but who hasn't? You say something people don't like, and then some come out with pitchforks. It's quite unhealthy.

Better for all of us should be obvious by now. There are certain items and people that lead to toxic situations. You and I don't need to mention names, but let's just say some people are more toxic than others and dealing with it will make you sick too. Often times the best fights are the ones never fought. And giving yourself time to recover can also help you deal with these situations in a brighter light, and maybe we can have more productive discussion (AKA NOT the SAO thread)

Personally, I have to admit to enjoy engaging in this kind of silliness when it involves internet wars, but they aren't exactly good when you're not in a good mood. It's what 10 years of internet flame wars have hardened me into. But this isn't really something to brag about-- I could have easily found something more productive to do. But hey, your support was helpful during some of the nastier incidents, and for that you have my thanks.

Anyhow, don't let anyone ruin your fun! I've been guilty of ruining my own fun, so don't follow me path.
  3. Last Sinner
    2012-08-14 00:12
    Last Sinner
    Okay, I think you've misunderstood something.

I still enjoy the hobby. In fact lately, more than I have in a long time. What I haven't been enjoying is online discussion or some forms of group discussion. And frankly, within my local circle, it's become worse in that aspect too. There aren't many people I can talk to honestly about anime, but more important, non-anime topics. Last night a decade-long friend and I chatted for hours. We talked about Marimite, Gunbuster, the (fail) Olympics coverage, the Muppets, the Wombles, 80s/90s movies, actors who were kids in the 80s and now adults, pub rock music, free-to-air TV stupidity, that fandom behaviours weren't that different in the 80s to how they are now but that narcissism and positivism are more rife currently. And that is the kind of conversation I wanted to have. We could talk about almost anything, we didnt have to agree on everything and we had fun. Versus the adversarial of online discussions on forums, FB and Twitter. I'm not in this to only talk about visual arts or moe or sales or to see people constantly vent.

Curious as to what you mean by 'it will be better for all of us'

I'm enjoying this hobby. I'm just not going to let modernists, positivists or visual arts elitists ruin it for me. My door is open in general but to those that close their minds before they even reach for the handle, don't even bother.

I may have a limited number of people I converse about any with anymore. But I'd rather be alone in this fandom than feel lonely when I'm surrounded by people I can't relate to at all.
  4. Archon_Wing
    2012-08-13 17:30
    Archon_Wing
    I enjoyed it in spite of her best efforts.

Oh, wondering where you were. It's unfortunate that you will be going, but I feel it will be better for all of us.

I wish you good luck in the future, and perhaps one day you may enjoy this hobby again.
  5. Last Sinner
    2012-06-25 18:39
    Last Sinner
    Oh come now, you don't watch Fujiko Mine for Okada! You watch it for Kokie's old-school yet sexy artwork and Yamomoto's feminista style. Okada tends to be in control of the weaker episodes in that show.
  6. Archon_Wing
    2012-06-21 15:45
    Archon_Wing
    It was from a Chinese bakery, and it was too flaky.
  7. Last Sinner
    2012-06-21 11:07
    Last Sinner
    So, what kind of cake were you wating that merged into suffering rant?
  8. Last Sinner
    2012-05-23 08:08
    Last Sinner
    Pretty similar to me. Only thing I'd do is replace Accel World with MGX. Cool beans.
  9. Archon_Wing
    2012-05-22 18:40
    Archon_Wing
    Naturally.

I'm ok. Could be worse, but have some anime on me with Kids on the Slope, Space Bros, Accel World, Lupin, and Fate/Zero
  10. Last Sinner
    2012-05-22 07:57
    Last Sinner
    Well...that's...not what I was thinking of...

So how is our misanthrope these days?