AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 191 to 200 of 270
  1. Last Sinner
    2012-01-24 10:36
    Last Sinner
    Well, as promised, the AJAS poll results are finally out in full...

http://forum.ajas.org.au/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1939

Now how does THAT sit with you? Quite different from Suki and the like, aren't we? ^^
  2. Archon_Wing
    2012-01-18 19:18
    Archon_Wing
    It doesn't look like it.

I can't see anything good coming out of Aquarion.
  3. Last Sinner
    2012-01-18 09:27
    Last Sinner
    Yet she wrote in some of the big-sellers last year. Was she reined in or his her insanity with the current generation digs?
  4. Archon_Wing
    2012-01-18 01:05
    Archon_Wing
    Yep, Okada is prime time for trolling and insanity. Often times she'll write something insanely terrible, but other times you might get True Tears. Hit and miss is certain.
  5. Last Sinner
    2012-01-17 10:10
    Last Sinner
    Happy birthday - sorry if it's a bit late. Want me to type something to commemorate it?

I'll have something amusing for you to peruse over in a week - annual club poll results. This year a 102 title version of current and old school titles. Is turning out to be a better list that I thought it would be.

Hmm, you said it. Okada be one crazy woman.
  6. Last Sinner
    2012-01-13 02:39
    Last Sinner
    Are you implying there were actually Episodes 12 and 13?!

All I remember is Irisviel losing strength, some freaking sea monster...AND LOTS OF RANTING....

Those don't deserve to be classified as episodes. I'm freaking ready to drop F/Z if it doesn't belt up when it returns.
  7. Archon_Wing
    2012-01-12 21:08
    Archon_Wing
    I noted on Demisoda's wall that you were angry over the last two F/Z episodes? Care to share some of the rage; I love to hear about these things.

Also, I'll be replying to your most recent large message soon enough.
  8. Last Sinner
    2012-01-11 12:06
    Last Sinner
    Hey, they did those convos, not me...

Undertaker will retire after WM28. He's been in the shadows ever since WM27. The pyrotechnics accident at Elimination Chamber in 2010 and the face injury he got from Mysterio a few months after really left their mark on him. Who knows with Hunter or Dwayne?

I would never deny Edge's loyalty, look, in-ring skills or mic charisma. But I never bought him as a face or heel. I just couldn't. As for dead in their youth, add in Umaga, The Big Bossman, etc.

CM Punk is more of a tweener at present. He's going to be set up to be the face of the company once anti-Cena setiment is stirred enough and The Rock owns his face at WM28. It's in Miami - Dwayne is winning or Miami riots. That said, I think Jericho is going to 'win' this years Royal Rumble and beat CM Punk at WM28. 4 RR winners in a row have lost at WM. That streak has to end and the whole return of the Y2J gimmick means 2012 is the year Jericho will get pushed hard.

The belt thing is a generational thing. Flamboyance and Attitude era fans don't need the belt on their faves to believe in them. PG era people do. Undertaker and Jericho had enough respect, history and fanfare to have their popularity persist. Cena was the beneficiary of 7 WMs in a row in the title match and 'convincing' people he was the face of the company. The kiddies and their parents bought it. Anyone around long enough to know better didn't. As for HBK - ultimate political player. The more I learn about him, the more I despise him. I can't stand the guy aside for his two WM matches with Undertaker. But yeah, I agree with you on the belt thing. But the current gen associates the belt as what matters now, so there be an issue.

I'm mainly watching for Jericho's return, Daniel Bryan unexpectedly getting WHC (that guy is a rare case of true talent) and for R-Truth's hilarious madman storyline. Ah, Little Jimmy.
  9. Archon_Wing
    2012-01-10 20:27
    Archon_Wing
    Hmm, *walks by*

They're not gonna give the Hall of Fame to people that are still hanging around-- Undertaker will probably get his as soon as he retires. HHH/Rock would be a while off.

Edge getting the belt so many times is obvious-- he's an attitude era relic but that makes him automatically better than a lot of those jokers out there. :3 He also is superior on the mic, a standard for the attitude era but missing today (lawl Orton). He was also willing to work until his body refused. Wrestling is staged, but the bodily harm is very real. Did you know Test is dead? So is Crash Holly And they were only in their 30s. And let's not get into Benoit or Guerrero. But this is definitely an industry that chews people up and spits them out.

Anyhow, he was an effective as a face or a heel (though better as the later)-- once again, a lot of people these days can't do it anymore. Well... Punk

I wouldn't have doubted that people like RVD would have done far better had they not got owned by getting arrested.

But interestingly, being a massive belt title holder doesn't mean that much. If you look at the Undertaker or Jericho, they really haven't racked up 2 dozen world title numbers like Cena or whatever the fuck is around but that's because they don't need it to stay relevant. In fact, I would call this level of superstardom in wrestling to be "Post-championship level", if we go by undercard---> midcard---> main eventer (champion), a post-championship superstar no longer needs a title on the line to steal the show. Case in point-- Rock vs Hogan @ WM18 completely overshadowed that disgrace of a main event, even though the undisputed title @ WM would supposed to be the biggest thing ever. Anything involving Shawn Micheals in the 2000s is this by default.

If you think about it, those "standard" main eventers like Cena needed the title for people to give a damn. A true draw doesn't.

Now it doesn't mean you can have them never holding belts, but the really good ones will outgrow the need.
  10. Last Sinner
    2012-01-10 10:37
    Last Sinner
    I meant more in the sense of the lyrics. Ones like:

'I love pointless effluent, it seems to love me'
    'I'll do anything you say if you tell me I'll never be alone'
    'I cant help imagining that you really care'
    'I've got a speck of truth caught in my eye
    Stings like hell and it's making me cry'
    'Rotting my brain once again
    It's always the same and never ends'

The weird thing is it wasn't just otaku that were really into K-ON as I once thought. A mate showed me proof that high school girls were quite into K-ON and that it also caused music equipment sales to go considerably up amongst that age group of females. Still doesn't make me like the show. Or dislike it. I'm completely neutral on it.