AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 241 to 250 of 273
  1. Last Sinner
    2011-11-08 08:31
    Last Sinner
    I don't follow wrestling religiously or passionately. It's one of very few places in this world that men can act like men to some degree anymore. I'm sick of seeing metrosexuals, pretty boys and conservatives all over the screen, web and other media. I just watch it when I need to see men being stupid and act tough. I skip half the matches anyway. And yes, CM Punk is pretty much the pick of the lot these days. Btw, if you want the perfect haters theme - here it is.

I watched Infinite Stratos over the last two days. And it explained to me so much about what otaku in Japan want. They don't care about story, plot or good writing. They just want characters to like and key moments, garnished with service and a hint of nationalism backed up with good marketing. Sales and quality are inversely proportional. I found IS kind of amusing, kind of pretty, I think Charlotte is damn cute and the one good part of a bloated, third-rate cast and absent story. But meh, if that's what they want, so be it. It's not like Japan really cares that much about what the rest of the world thinks since not much is forked out for the product. They get what they deserve.

RieKu - I think I had less than zero respect for her the moment I heard about the horde of otaku that spent a month in Taiwan doing nothing but wait for RieKu to arrive and give signatures. Honestly...loli tsundere brats....boring....

Meh, I've always taken ISML with a spoonful of sugar, a teaspoon of salt and a cup of harden the fark up. I just find it amusing simplicity is what appeals to people most.

I choose quality over popularity. I just hate it when people get hostile about what they like and try to enforce it on everyone.

I guess most people just like to flake out and not really care about the quality/standard of what they watch. Maybe most people just want it easy and safe. That just doesn't work for me. The blessing and curse of being a thinker, I guess. I seem to like a lot of titles hardly anyone around here has even heard of.

PS. Noticed you like both Akagi and Kaiji. Have you ever tried a series from 2008 called One Outs? Same seiyuu for Agaki and Kaiji voices the male lead. Very similar style but more mind games and more money at stake in the gambles. Yes, it is baseball, but yike, what Tokuchi is able to do to utterly mindflock opponents and get the better of them is scary. It's freaking delish.
  2. Archon_Wing
    2011-11-08 03:36
    Archon_Wing
    *Stares at your wall*
    *Stares at ISML results*

Hurr... I guess there's one thing that could be worst than saimoe (and make less sense), and that would be pro wrestling.

Well, I don't follow up on it regularly, though I do watch the amusing review videos here: http://wrestlewrestle.com/ Though what I gather the WWE championship and the Triple H vanity title World Heavyweight Championship (sorry, that's what I called it back then) have as much value as a used condom. Which is roughly the value of the saimoe championships too.

Though I hear this CM Punk guy is making some waves, and seeing that worked shoot promo of his was strangely refreshing. I admit he had me almost fooled for a second.

As for Kurisu losing, that is definitely horrific. Kugrie is arguably the John Cena of anime-- an otherwise talented individual who's forced to continuously limit their abilities to a stale and terrible gimmick that happens to sell. In this case it's puddle-deep shallow loli tsundere. We've been exposed to the same crap since 2005 (Hey, coincidence?). And yes, if we all somehow watched Hidan no Aria in a huge stadium we would indeed be chanting "Same old shit! Same old shit!" Yet it won't die no matter how much we demand it.

Although, in regards to all of these, I'm not really butthurt anymore as I am laughing at the situation. In general, almost all my non voting posts regarding those threads are trolls. Though honestly, there's nothing get offended about at this point.

But it's good you can legit vote again, instead of randomly throwing your support to whatever random side you care about slightly more.
  3. Last Sinner
    2011-11-07 22:31
    Last Sinner
    Surprisingly, thanks to the way matches concluded today...I actually have 7 legitimate votes for the first time in SE in the upcoming round. Huh...
  4. Archon_Wing
    2011-11-07 13:39
    Archon_Wing
    Many of these are just not your kind of characters, so any advice on actually voting is futile.

Flip a coin, randomly select, click vote, post a complaint on these forums about how you don't care about [x]

-Standard ISML build procedure.
  5. Last Sinner
    2011-11-07 10:58
    Last Sinner
    Oh christ, the one series I didn't want to see a character from appear in ISML is about to....Ro-Kyu-Bu....*shiver*

Think I might have to find 7 votes for the next round the way you do when you're stretched - haters styles! Any tips?
  6. Last Sinner
    2011-11-04 00:45
    Last Sinner
    The BRS OVA was bundled out for free with every BRS Nendoroid Goodsmile sold. The sales figures claim 35k for that OVA, but I wouldn't be surprised if 30k of them were from the figure purchase.

Didn't even know of the BwT OVA's existence until a week ago. Probably a good thing I haven't seen it and don't intend to.

Well...I finally found a Gundam series I actually like...Gundam Double Zeta. XD I.e. The completely parody-oriented one from the mid-80s. Amazing how watchable it becomes when the cast isn't loaded with grade SS douchebags or an overly bishie lineup. And of course, 'Anime Ja Nai!' ^^ What a line!

Had a scan of January 2012. In all honesty, the only series that leaps out to me is Another. I think the big players, aside from SHAFT, are saving their big salvos for later in the year. Which is a little ironic since January 2011 had some of the biggest sellers of the year (Madoka, Infinite Stratos).
  7. Archon_Wing
    2011-11-03 23:22
    Archon_Wing
    Well, OVA's like that are usually rushed out for a quick buck. The BwT OVA was pretty terrible too, and discouraged many a person, but the main series proved to have better writing.

But yea, I don't recommend you watch it. I have a significant chance of bailing anyways; just want to see what's up.
  8. Last Sinner
    2011-11-03 23:19
    Last Sinner
    I give everything a chance, but that OVA last year was blow sub-par for me. I hope it's done right this time. I'm jaded from years of getting my hopes up too much.
  9. Archon_Wing
    2011-11-03 22:08
    Archon_Wing
    lol not really. But I never dismiss anything out of the gate, usually.
  10. Last Sinner
    2011-11-03 21:59
    Last Sinner
    Looks like you're looking forward to the BRS series next season. Can't say I am with the staff lineup they have.