AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 241 to 250 of 284
  1. Last Sinner
    2011-12-13 10:41
    Last Sinner
    Was picking an Akagi music piece so weird for being one of my fave battle tunes? >< That piece was played regularly during Akagi's matches. I know I go against the norm sometimes. But I did have reasons for that being on my list - it gave great atmosphere and tension to a situation requiring a lot of mental strength and outwitting opponents.
  2. Archon_Wing
    2011-12-04 03:05
    Archon_Wing
    Incidentially, Sora actually was ok before her own arc. The last story was just silly and even Haruka seemed to have lost a few IQ pts. Sora was just annoyingly clingy.

But yea your character preferences I agree with, though I guess I didn't care for the maid that much.
  3. Last Sinner
    2011-12-03 08:56
    Last Sinner
    Saw your comments on Yosuga no Sora. I actually just finished watching it. As far as borderline-h/ecchi shows with some substance go, that was one of the better ones I've seen - and there are very few I've ever found to be watchable. Although...if there was one thing I didn't like - it's Sora herself. Not for the issues she raises in her arc, but her traits as a person.

Arc preference for me would be:

Motoka
    Nao
    Akira
    Kazuha
    (gaping chasm)
    Sora

Preference of the other 4 would be very slight in difference, but Sora was just such an unlikeable character. Really don't see the appeal in her when she's so selfish and vindictive.
  4. Archon_Wing
    2011-11-30 15:25
    Archon_Wing
    Well, after Endless Eight sold well, I decided to never underestimate the power of certain things. I won't say it. You know why, I know why, and that bum on the corner knows why.

FML.
  5. Last Sinner
    2011-11-30 11:12
    Last Sinner
    Saw you spreading the word that Nanoha movie 2 will be out next year. Thanks for doing that. Should be good for a few smiles and a lots of lols if nothing else.

And now for the bad news...

Remember how mad you were when we found out Persona 4 pre-orders were 11k a month ago?

Week 1 sales of Volume 1...33,365....

There is no God....he/she/it has forsaken us...
  6. Last Sinner
    2011-11-29 11:00
    Last Sinner
    I'm hearing so much lately of people raging about Guilty Crown and dropping it after thinking it was going to go somewhere. If there's one show form this year I'm glad I detected early to drop and cease, it's that one.
  7. Last Sinner
    2011-11-21 22:09
    Last Sinner
    I think talking about series openly is generally only condoned in the General Anime forum. Threads about specific series tend to be 'talk about it only if you like it or GTFO.' Meh, those fans helped me get turned off the series faster, really. Which is fine by me.

Well, one of the reasons I respect you is because you say it like it is, which is a quality Australians value highly. So you'd be more than welcome in my parts.

As for what the writers would think - I think the pre-orders hitting profit numbers and looking like the 2nd highest selling noitaminA title for this year is all they care about. Sales and quality rarely correlate.
  8. Archon_Wing
    2011-11-21 17:22
    Archon_Wing
    Well, I have to really say your fears about Guilty Crown being insultingly sexist as well as the male lead being an emo insensitive jackass (he really reminds me of someone I hate in real life) were not completely unfounded. Not enough to kill the show for me yet, but it's certainly a dampener. I fear it will not improve and would like to have a word with the writers.

I've even gotten PMs from butthurt fanboys crying to me because I tell it as how it is even though by and far my positive comments outnumber the negatives. :] That thread was a complete mess-- people couldn't tolerate others' opinions and thread got locked. Why do people always act like they own a thread? It's not just for fans.

I never attack anyone directly (though I may attack what they say), because they have a right to disagree with me. But, I'm not gonna censor myself because people don't like it. I will take the points of others under consideration, if they aren't petty.

It's on a 3 episode warning. Shape up or bust.
  9. Last Sinner
    2011-11-18 12:49
    Last Sinner
    Well, it was an amusing conclusion to ISML.

But I digress. This week I watched Monster. It's now my #1 series. It's utterly levelled the way I thought about anime/manga and drawn it up anew. It saddens me botched epicness sells so well yet a perfectly crafted masterpiece of writing, multiple plot lines and intricate characterisation was ignored, at least in anime form - the manga was popular in Japan when it was coming out. But I think the newest crop of anime fans would be near incapable of understanding its brilliance. Things have changed so much in the last few years. If Monster came out now - I doubt it'd have been recognised at all. The fact the English license is being sat on and not released makes me sick. I want to own this show in the worst way. And I probably will never be able to...
  10. Archon_Wing
    2011-11-09 12:17
    Archon_Wing
    broken link. :S
    edit: found

But yea that's a pathetic review. I understand the critique, but the conclusion is garbage.