AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 241 to 250 of 278
  1. Last Sinner
    2011-11-21 22:09
    Last Sinner
    I think talking about series openly is generally only condoned in the General Anime forum. Threads about specific series tend to be 'talk about it only if you like it or GTFO.' Meh, those fans helped me get turned off the series faster, really. Which is fine by me.

Well, one of the reasons I respect you is because you say it like it is, which is a quality Australians value highly. So you'd be more than welcome in my parts.

As for what the writers would think - I think the pre-orders hitting profit numbers and looking like the 2nd highest selling noitaminA title for this year is all they care about. Sales and quality rarely correlate.
  2. Archon_Wing
    2011-11-21 17:22
    Archon_Wing
    Well, I have to really say your fears about Guilty Crown being insultingly sexist as well as the male lead being an emo insensitive jackass (he really reminds me of someone I hate in real life) were not completely unfounded. Not enough to kill the show for me yet, but it's certainly a dampener. I fear it will not improve and would like to have a word with the writers.

I've even gotten PMs from butthurt fanboys crying to me because I tell it as how it is even though by and far my positive comments outnumber the negatives. :] That thread was a complete mess-- people couldn't tolerate others' opinions and thread got locked. Why do people always act like they own a thread? It's not just for fans.

I never attack anyone directly (though I may attack what they say), because they have a right to disagree with me. But, I'm not gonna censor myself because people don't like it. I will take the points of others under consideration, if they aren't petty.

It's on a 3 episode warning. Shape up or bust.
  3. Last Sinner
    2011-11-18 12:49
    Last Sinner
    Well, it was an amusing conclusion to ISML.

But I digress. This week I watched Monster. It's now my #1 series. It's utterly levelled the way I thought about anime/manga and drawn it up anew. It saddens me botched epicness sells so well yet a perfectly crafted masterpiece of writing, multiple plot lines and intricate characterisation was ignored, at least in anime form - the manga was popular in Japan when it was coming out. But I think the newest crop of anime fans would be near incapable of understanding its brilliance. Things have changed so much in the last few years. If Monster came out now - I doubt it'd have been recognised at all. The fact the English license is being sat on and not released makes me sick. I want to own this show in the worst way. And I probably will never be able to...
  4. Archon_Wing
    2011-11-09 12:17
    Archon_Wing
    broken link. :S
    edit: found

But yea that's a pathetic review. I understand the critique, but the conclusion is garbage.
  5. Last Sinner
    2011-11-09 10:15
    Last Sinner
    Want something worse than the things you listed last time?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1145

Link to Santos's review of F/Z in that post. Be warned - it's so unprofessional for a commercial arena, it's sickening.
  6. Last Sinner
    2011-11-08 08:31
    Last Sinner
    I don't follow wrestling religiously or passionately. It's one of very few places in this world that men can act like men to some degree anymore. I'm sick of seeing metrosexuals, pretty boys and conservatives all over the screen, web and other media. I just watch it when I need to see men being stupid and act tough. I skip half the matches anyway. And yes, CM Punk is pretty much the pick of the lot these days. Btw, if you want the perfect haters theme - here it is.

I watched Infinite Stratos over the last two days. And it explained to me so much about what otaku in Japan want. They don't care about story, plot or good writing. They just want characters to like and key moments, garnished with service and a hint of nationalism backed up with good marketing. Sales and quality are inversely proportional. I found IS kind of amusing, kind of pretty, I think Charlotte is damn cute and the one good part of a bloated, third-rate cast and absent story. But meh, if that's what they want, so be it. It's not like Japan really cares that much about what the rest of the world thinks since not much is forked out for the product. They get what they deserve.

RieKu - I think I had less than zero respect for her the moment I heard about the horde of otaku that spent a month in Taiwan doing nothing but wait for RieKu to arrive and give signatures. Honestly...loli tsundere brats....boring....

Meh, I've always taken ISML with a spoonful of sugar, a teaspoon of salt and a cup of harden the fark up. I just find it amusing simplicity is what appeals to people most.

I choose quality over popularity. I just hate it when people get hostile about what they like and try to enforce it on everyone.

I guess most people just like to flake out and not really care about the quality/standard of what they watch. Maybe most people just want it easy and safe. That just doesn't work for me. The blessing and curse of being a thinker, I guess. I seem to like a lot of titles hardly anyone around here has even heard of.

PS. Noticed you like both Akagi and Kaiji. Have you ever tried a series from 2008 called One Outs? Same seiyuu for Agaki and Kaiji voices the male lead. Very similar style but more mind games and more money at stake in the gambles. Yes, it is baseball, but yike, what Tokuchi is able to do to utterly mindflock opponents and get the better of them is scary. It's freaking delish.
  7. Archon_Wing
    2011-11-08 03:36
    Archon_Wing
    *Stares at your wall*
    *Stares at ISML results*

Hurr... I guess there's one thing that could be worst than saimoe (and make less sense), and that would be pro wrestling.

Well, I don't follow up on it regularly, though I do watch the amusing review videos here: http://wrestlewrestle.com/ Though what I gather the WWE championship and the Triple H vanity title World Heavyweight Championship (sorry, that's what I called it back then) have as much value as a used condom. Which is roughly the value of the saimoe championships too.

Though I hear this CM Punk guy is making some waves, and seeing that worked shoot promo of his was strangely refreshing. I admit he had me almost fooled for a second.

As for Kurisu losing, that is definitely horrific. Kugrie is arguably the John Cena of anime-- an otherwise talented individual who's forced to continuously limit their abilities to a stale and terrible gimmick that happens to sell. In this case it's puddle-deep shallow loli tsundere. We've been exposed to the same crap since 2005 (Hey, coincidence?). And yes, if we all somehow watched Hidan no Aria in a huge stadium we would indeed be chanting "Same old shit! Same old shit!" Yet it won't die no matter how much we demand it.

Although, in regards to all of these, I'm not really butthurt anymore as I am laughing at the situation. In general, almost all my non voting posts regarding those threads are trolls. Though honestly, there's nothing get offended about at this point.

But it's good you can legit vote again, instead of randomly throwing your support to whatever random side you care about slightly more.
  8. Last Sinner
    2011-11-07 22:31
    Last Sinner
    Surprisingly, thanks to the way matches concluded today...I actually have 7 legitimate votes for the first time in SE in the upcoming round. Huh...
  9. Archon_Wing
    2011-11-07 13:39
    Archon_Wing
    Many of these are just not your kind of characters, so any advice on actually voting is futile.

Flip a coin, randomly select, click vote, post a complaint on these forums about how you don't care about [x]

-Standard ISML build procedure.
  10. Last Sinner
    2011-11-07 10:58
    Last Sinner
    Oh christ, the one series I didn't want to see a character from appear in ISML is about to....Ro-Kyu-Bu....*shiver*

Think I might have to find 7 votes for the next round the way you do when you're stretched - haters styles! Any tips?