AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and Last Sinner
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 244
  1. Last Sinner
    2014-03-07 03:41
    Last Sinner
    Quote:
    I disagree with Clannad. Tomoya realized both him and Nagisa had to grow stronger together, and I don't see that with anyone else besides Tomoyo.
    Except he didn't until he finally met Ushio. As for the rest, I attest Kyou was the one that made Tomoya realise what a cruel heart he had and that he should stop jerking around with the emotions of others. As for Tomoyo, she needed to find a balance between ambition and her personal life as well as being able to handle conveying that to others.

Quote:
    White Album 2, that is. It's a pretty realistic depiction of people making dumb mistakes while having the best of intentions.
    You will like The Ocean Waves then.

Quote:
    Steins; Gate; they care for each other.
    Something to look forward to when I try for about the 7th time to finish it.

Quote:
    No offense, but it sounded like something Mari Okada wrote, except gender swapped. Could you rephrase that a bit better?
    MILFs rule.

Cute is fine in fantasy but in reality, it's a lie.

And since I have never gone past Episode 1 of anything Okada wrote - I have no idea what you're trying to say or infer.

Seriously recommend Christine Love instead, man. Okada is just....ergh, I'll never find the words.

Quote:
    As for your choices, I will delve into KnK, and Shinkai is a king of romance for a reason. As for the rest, with enough time...
    Watch them in the right mood is the only advice I can give.
  2. Archon_Wing
    2014-03-07 00:54
    Archon_Wing
    I disagree with Clannad. Tomoya realized both him and Nagisa had to grow stronger together, and I don't see that with anyone else besides Tomoyo.

As for Tomoyo, while bettering himself was part of the story's point, it also wasn't the main point. The point of it was being able that Tomoya just needed to realize that Tomoyo was going to accept him for who he was regardless of quality and he just needed to stop being a dumbfuck about it. That's why Tomoyo's the best girl, lol.

White Album 2, that is. It's a pretty realistic depiction of people making dumb mistakes while having the best of intentions.

Steins; Gate; they care for each other.

Quote:
    I've had too many experiences/events in recent years where I've learned just how manipulative, compulsively lying, cheating, self-absorbed, rude, aloof and vindictive women/girls can be. So, I find myself unable to believe in anything cute anymore, because I found the cutest were the biggest liars and most self-absorbed from my recent experiences. Moe and reality are glaring opposites. Cute is now a giveaway of 'she's bad news - stay the flock away from her' as far as I'm concerned. Moe certainly is escapism magnified because in reality, those cute/dependent ones will leech one dry.

No offense, but it sounded like something Mari Okada wrote, except gender swapped. Could you rephrase that a bit better?

As for your choices, I will delve into KnK, and Shinkai is a king of romance for a reason. As for the rest, with enough time...
  3. Last Sinner
    2014-03-06 22:33
    Last Sinner
    Interesting choices. We both agree on Shinkai.

Clannad, I certainly understand. But I never felt romantic about it. I always felt anything not involving Nagisa was able to make Tomoya realise he was a pathetic person and needed to better himself to be capable of being with Kyou/Tomoyo/Kotomi. I liked it more from the perspective characters finally found peace and Tomoya was no longer vicarious and actually bothered to try.

True Tears - Um....since I'm unable to watch it, I'll take your word for it. ^^;

White Album - So...what is it that people see in it? I found it meh and it makes my mentor want to punch a wall.

Steins;Gate - That one I understand, particularly since Kurisu is amongst the top echelon of my favourite female characters. However...I still haven't finished it yet. That series is very mood dependent for me. I just can't flick it on and watch it seamlessly. Also....I've lost count of the number of times people have fired out spoilers at me IRL when I've told them I haven't seen it all....really killed my drive to finish it. Since the movie is out, I guess I really should finally get it done. From what I have seen though, Kurisu is definitely the one that makes Okabe finally man up and face reality when he couldn't do it alone. There's definitely something antagonistic and twisted about their pairing, but I need those things to make it believable and likeable.

I've had too many experiences/events in recent years where I've learned just how manipulative, compulsively lying, cheating, self-absorbed, rude, aloof and vindictive women/girls can be. So, I find myself unable to believe in anything cute anymore, because I found the cutest were the biggest liars and most self-absorbed from my recent experiences. Moe and reality are glaring opposites. Cute is now a giveaway of 'she's bad news - stay the flock away from her' as far as I'm concerned. Moe certainly is escapism magnified because in reality, those cute/dependent ones will leech one dry.

So hence why I listed the five I did.

Garden of Sinners - Shiki is complex, full of flaw/sin. But within her there are things to like, what she believes in/yearns to defend she does it with absolute passion. She's a badass. Looks great in a kimono or the jacket. There's a challenge within liking her and Nasu is definitely one to provide a case to believe in such a person.

Kimagure Orange Road - Madoka literally is the 'deep ocean' her name describes. She is certainly a character that not even herself fully understands. A remnant of a long-lost time where characters like her becoming women/adults was sublime. The gradual scenario you get of why she persists through such a crazy and sometimes damn painful saga on her part certainly makes it all worthwhile. Then there's the twist of those two movies.

Garden of Words/The Promised Place - I don't think I could name another person other than Shinkai who could have handled those two scenarios. Beauty, complexity, challenging, epic.

The Ocean Waves - It's the most un-Ghibli Ghibli film but it has an edge I've never seen anywhere else with its potency. What would it be like for two people who should be made for each other but are at points in their lives that their decisions or actions turn things into one crazy saga? It certainly shatters the illusion of 'innocent' young love big time.

*shrug* But I've found I'm unable to appreciate the simplicity/vicariousness/sugar overload people want in romance these days. I know I won't have many agreeing with my choices. I'm fine with that. I don't regret learning the darker side of both genders. It's essential knowledge for life.
  4. Last Sinner
    2014-01-17 11:28
    Last Sinner
    Happy birthday, AW. Welcome to the 30s. They're not to be feared.

And don't feel pressured into watching crap. Just watch good things, even if they're not current.
  5. Last Sinner
    2014-01-14 09:35
    Last Sinner
    And for the record, there's only one January 2014 title I care about and that's Sakura Trick.
  6. Last Sinner
    2014-01-14 03:53
    Last Sinner
    No worries. I got the impression lately you'd lost the spark for it. I only recently got it back.

I actually ended up not continuing Eren yet - end of last year, I got invited to a major party. Start of this year has been time consuming on more serious fronts. On recreational, I ended up spending quite some time to get through Papers Please and Long Live The Queen. The new season also got my attention a bit - I'm only retaining Sakura Trick and D-Frag. Space Dandy has been a real letdown - it's unusual for Watanabe to have reached the production stage of a title but have the concept be lacking - Bebop and Champloo were both so utterly solid in that regard and Kids on the Slope was adapated as well as it could have in its small episode count. Oh well, guess he is allowed a strike since he's been so good over the years.

I will be returning to Eren soon now that I've scanned all of this season. However, I need to finally see a few movies that are chewing up a lot of space. Them being Akira, Jin-Roh, Ponyo, Arriety. I will finish Eren - I kinda lost the right headspace for it after stuff I got from the Steam sale took up my time.

IMO watch a playthrough of Papers Please. I think it will be riveting for you. A remarkably simple and unmarketable game being so loaded and compelling is quite something. And once you hear the Papers Please theme, it sticks with you...It is also a sombre reminder that we could have it much worse in life than we currently do and that there are people living the nightmare of Papers Please.
  7. Archon_Wing
    2014-01-14 02:34
    Archon_Wing
    Just gonna say it's good to hear what you said about Garden of Words and Beastmaster Eren. Gotta be engaged somehow. I don't watch much anime atm tbh.
  8. Archon_Wing
    2013-09-21 13:27
    Archon_Wing
    lol hi.

Well, whenever you have such polarizing shows, you have that.

Pocari though, has a grudge against that show so...
  9. Last Sinner
    2013-09-21 10:37
    Last Sinner
    I thought all Sword Art Online threads were SAO bashing threads.
  10. Archon_Wing
    2013-03-13 01:52
    Archon_Wing
    Okay, since this is the second time you're "leaving", I won't mince any words with you. I'm going to be as honest as I ever will be around here.

Unfortunately, I'm not here to deliver a few placid words of encouragement. I'm not going to give it to you. That's not going to do your soul any good if I just blindly agreed with everything you said. But hell, I see your points, and maybe you deserve more, because if I didn't like you, I'd just keep quiet and watch you fall deeper. I'll drop the act.

Lighten up, man.

Just look at what you posted. I understand that a lot of discussion is trash in general, but general is the LCD forum. There's plenty of fine discussion in the subforums. But okay, yes, a lot of the fandom is overzealous. There's an annoying carebear attitude towards positivism and subjectivity bullshit. Kyoani has some kind of shielding around it. Sunrise gets shat upon. I can sympathize with all of that. There's too much of a trend of recency.

But really. It really shows when the people you name are all the ones you hate. Are all your friends not worth listing? And don't tell me that it's too long of a list. It's clearly more important than your enemies right? Why would you even devote time to those that aren't worth your time? And unfortunately, I can't really side with you on most of them. I just think it's not very classy to directly list people like that in public. Even if you feel that they are the evil that plagues the forum, then it's best to be the better person and just rise above it these petty conflicts.

But you can't. And that's bad. It's just an internet discussion over Japanese cartoons after all. When since has this just become such serious business?

So yes, it might be good if you left this area. I'm not telling you to stay or leave, because I understand in the end that decision is yours. But consider what you are leaving, and don't take any bitterness with you.

You might hate me for saying this to you right now, but you'll thank me someday.