AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Archon_Wing

Notices

Conversation Between Archon_Wing and DeX-kun
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 34
  1. Archon_Wing
    2011-04-15 19:04
    Archon_Wing
    Sup. Haven't seen you for a while; Spring's got quite a few animes going on that you might want to check out.
  2. Archon_Wing
    2010-08-02 00:24
    Archon_Wing
    They seem ok so far, nothing particularly strong, but enough to be entertaining. I'll probably write something when I finish.
  3. DeX-kun
    2010-08-01 19:47
    DeX-kun
    I actually haven't been watching any anime recently, been really busy as of late and haven't had the time.

But I have watched Toradora! and it's a pretty good show. Can't say that it stood out in my opinion, although I really did enjoy it overall. Sola is a show that I've already seen as well and I can't say much about it either but since you're watching these shows recently, I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on them.

It can help refresh my memory as well since it's been a while since I've seen these series
  4. Archon_Wing
    2010-08-01 13:17
    Archon_Wing
    Watching anything of interest lately?

Everyone's been telling me to watch Toradora!; and I'm slowly going through it. I was wondering if you had an opinion about it.

Also, have you seen Sola? I'm watching that as well. It seems to be a romantic one, so I figured you might be interested.
  5. DeX-kun
    2010-07-05 21:01
    DeX-kun
    Yeah, I finished B Gata H Kei. I must say though, it was a pretty solid show and I enjoyed it. The comedy was good and the romance was pretty well done.

The male lead was generic but I wasn't expecting much from him to begin with, and Yamada was a great female lead She made me laugh quite a bit.
  6. Archon_Wing
    2010-07-05 17:37
    Archon_Wing
    Have you finished B Gata K Kei? It sadly, seems like the best show of the season.
  7. Archon_Wing
    2010-07-03 02:38
    Archon_Wing
    Well, Yuri is probably the best written character in the whole story. =p

I probably won't be rewatching it any time soon, though the music is another story.
  8. DeX-kun
    2010-07-03 01:58
    DeX-kun
    You know what's funny? I actually preferred Yuri over Kanade Something about Kanade that I never really got into, but that's just personal taste It's definitely not even close to the level of Maeda's prior works. The ending to AB! had the same affect on me, I just never really got settled and the whole romance thing between Otonashi and Kanade made me go "lolwut?"

Don't get me wrong, I'm also a fan of Maeda's humor although some of it admittedly felt slightly forced. The rocket chairs was probably the highlight of all his comedy scenes in this series for me. Although the Naoi "thumbs up" routine was also pretty funny.

Still, I had the whole series downloaded in HD but I deleted it as soon as it finished. I'm just not going to re-watch it.
  9. Archon_Wing
    2010-07-03 01:34
    Archon_Wing
    I like the core cast; as you might guess I can't resist characters like Kanade, lol.

The show itself, I thought was ok. Not good, not bad, perhaps above avg. It's just nowhere near the same league as Air/Kanon/Clannad. The ending to AB! was rather dull and just bounced off me in terms of emotion; like nothing happened. I was like "is that it?"

But at least it was kinda funny and there's a few touching moments in episodes 8/9/10. I just don't think the show has done anything to really impress me. Fortunately, I love Maeda's kind of humor tho.
  10. DeX-kun
    2010-07-02 23:36
    DeX-kun
    Thank you my friend, I appreciate the flattery

I've always wanted a flashy sig and avatar combo but I had to find the right one Luckily someone posted that freebie with Nagisa and I just had to grab it.

It seems like you're pretty interested in Angel Beats!. In all honesty, it didn't catch my attention as much as I would have liked. Of course it's just because of my preferences. I'm a Slice of Life/Romance kind of guy so Angel Beat! just couldn't do it for me.