AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Nickymanga

Notices

Conversation Between Nickymanga and Nervous Venus
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 14
  1. Nickymanga
    2008-10-09 17:35
    Nickymanga
    Well if I am honest i don't find the anime as good as the manga (which I am following also) but I actually want to see how the anime depicts yuki once kaname awakens yuki vampire side so really I'm just waiting for all the action to start!
    why don't you like kaname?
    I don't mind him though something about it him in both anime/manga pisses me off! I don't why though!
    I wouldn't mind zero x yukie but I aslo wouldnlt mind kaname x yukie but having said that I don't want them together just because it seems like they are meant to be together.

I like clannad even though I kind of dislike the whole harem-type where all the girls like one guy for no specific reason and the guy is often very indifferent or indecisive about who he likes.

In terms of ef if you get around to it watch it and get back to me but its better to watch the 1st one ef tale of memories to see whether you would like it.
    Its the scenes are laid out that are really beauiful.

I didn't know you was ill I hope you are all better now.

It is good that chalk washes out but still really messy.
    I do art & design at college and I am doing alot of homework which needs to be handed in next week so I going to see if I can pull an all nighter as it is already 11:30 over where I am, but once I get going I can't stop, the only bad thing is that I am a obessive compulsive perfectionist! so it would be a miracle if I get anything done without pulling a hissy fit!
    But I like art and I want to work in anime/manga field in the future.

Even I though I hate photos (of myself) I will post one once I find a semi good that I somewhat like and grace you with my photo presence so you know who you are talking to.

For now just imagine a 5ft 1, really small black/brown girl with glasses sitting in front a computer and chalk-dust infested keyboard.

By the sorry If I take long to reply I usually get distracted while waiting for your reply so sorry!

Also I am still a dedicated BGI fan I just decided to wait for chapter 52 like evryone else but I can't wait for a conclusion!
  2. Nervous Venus
    2008-10-09 16:34
    Nervous Venus
    Oh, gawd, nicky - don't even mention anime D; Last recent anime I saw was about 2 epi's of Vampire Knight (1st season), so you can imagine how terrible I am at keeping uptodate. I did sneak a few peaks at the ending epi's out of curiosity ;x I'm afraid to watch VK Guilty for several reasons:

1. I don't like Kaname
    2. I like Zero X Yuuki,
    and 3. I'm following the manga. Anime still worth following?

Also, I'm not much of a fan of anime adapted from light novels (with the exception of FMP!), so I automatically ruled out Clannad, Kanon, Air, ef etc. It's just not my cup of tea. I will try them if your comment, " I think ef tale of melodies will be my favourite, the art is too good," was a nudge for me to go and see it? Who knows, you know? I'm open to a certain degree, and I might enjoy it.

working hard?

Sometimes hardly working, LOL. But always pretty busy. I was sick for a while, but managed to finish translations for ch. 44 of BGI for jshojo, so if you're still following scanlations, fuwari tells me they should be available soon.

I am doing my art homework for college and since I am using chalk pastels I covered in chalk dust!

Good thing chalk washes off easily. I remember having to do "pop art" w/ acrylic paint and having trouble getting it off my uniform shirt. Are you majoring in art?

Also thanks for the compliments on my look. I don't really know how to respond to comments like that, lol. Thanks for the compliments on my album pics also. I forgot what I put in there, actually. >_>;;;

About being photogenic or not, don't let that discourage you from posting photos Trust me, out of 300 photos, maybe 5 come out looking good, and those are the ones that I post: I'm not photogenic either. But don't force yourself to post if you're uncomfortable.
  3. Nickymanga
    2008-10-09 13:59
    Nickymanga
    Hi I haven't posted in a while and when I do I a lovely surprise and get to see your picture ( that is you right?) you probably heard it a million times already but you are really pretty!
    I would show what I look like but I not photogenic at all (well thats what I think anyway)
    Your random album pics are cool too!

Anyway how are you? working hard?
    I am doing my art homework for college and since I am using chalk pastels I covered in chalk dust!

Have you checked out any of the new fall anime? do like any of them?
    I am watching Clannad After story, Vampire knight Guilty and ef tale of melodies.

I think ef tale of melodies will be my favourite, the art is too good.
  4. Nickymanga
    2008-08-27 13:28
    Nickymanga
    I keep replying in the wrong place!

Thanks for the link!
  5. Nervous Venus
    2008-08-27 10:54
    Nervous Venus
    Do you have a bittorent client like utorrent? You could just go here http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=pimsleur+japan
  6. Nervous Venus
    2008-08-26 18:47
    Nervous Venus
    LOL, you replied in your own notes, so I didn't catch the message until I came into your notes just a moment ago.

Hope you start learning sometime. I'm studying "kanji" now myself. I heard Pimsleur helps w/ the reading/speaking aspect. I'm learning Thai through Pimsleur, and it's going really well. Want links?
  7. Nervous Venus
    2008-08-26 13:08
    Nervous Venus
    I thought maybe the name thing was done on purpose but yet used as an unintentional way of showing that Yano maybe got a second chance.

Actually, you have a point there. Why give them such similar names in the first place?? Interesting thought.

As for your other question, the reason why I'm busy is because I work fulltime. I'm at work now, too >_>;;;

I do translate for Dragon Voice now http://dragonvoice.org/. Working on Kano Hito Ya Tsuki, by Ikuemi Ryo.
  8. Nickymanga
    2008-08-26 12:31
    Nickymanga
    I brought it up because I was thinking about all the underline signs that indicate an reconcilation between nana and yano and also their relationship such as the meaning of the title of the manga 'we were there' the name similarity and the points you mentioned in your debate about Yano x yuri and vloume 12.

I thought maybe the name thing was done on purpose but yet used as an unintentional way of showing that Yano maybe got a second chance.
    But I could be over thinking it!

Also I wanted to ask on a more personal level:
    Is tranlation part of your job or something?
    Its just that you always seem busy but still manage to provided summaries (which is very admirable!)
  9. Nervous Venus
    2008-08-26 10:47
    Nervous Venus
    Do you think there is an underline connection with Nanami and Yanos ex-girlfriend Nana have similliar names?

I don't know. I don't know if you remember, but there was that one scene at the beach, where Yano and Nanami broke up for the first time? She had asked him if he could say anything to Nana right now, what would it be? And Yano says that he would forgive her for everything as long as she would come back and he started weeping. After Nanami leaves, Yano says "Nanami", then "Nana" (still Nanami) and then he says Nana again (but the manga spells it out as Nana's name) and then he goes silent.

Maybe there is something in the name? I've never caught that before.
  10. Nickymanga
    2008-08-26 04:57
    Nickymanga
    I agree, the ultimate result for me would be Nana x yano to get back together or at least give each other closure so that they can make clean break if they don't.

I really want yuri to find happiness she is quite pitiful, its sad.

Do you think there is an underline connection with Nanami and Yanos ex-girlfriend Nana have similliar names?