AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Last Sinner

Notices

Conversation Between Last Sinner and mystogan
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 22
  1. Last Sinner
    2014-03-13 16:40
    Last Sinner
    Nice to know someone cared enough and can appreciate it. The dark/grim titles of 2013 felt like violent passion surrogates for the increasingly vicarious nature of humans. This title knew where to draw the line and more effective ways to hit a person's heart.
  2. mystogan
    2014-03-13 12:36
    mystogan
    i have finally started watching Le Chevalier D'Eon, and yes it is everything that i was looking for, thank you very much for bringing it up somewhere that i took notice of it.
  3. mystogan
    2013-12-30 04:32
    mystogan
    i can handle a dark series, i just don't like horror and gore. and this anime sounds really nice set in the Victorian kind of era, and i like conspiracy, plotting and schemes i think i will give it a shot.

thank you for your long reply.
  4. Last Sinner
    2013-12-29 23:38
    Last Sinner
    It's very mild. The only horror aspect is the odd person being turned into a virtual zombie.

Le Chevalier D'Eon is way more about the French Revolution, the politics of France, Russia & England and the important historical figures that secured the fate of their countries for better or worse. And the fact that almost anyone you see in this show will die a very terrible death. It is somewhat grim but at the same time inspiring, well-written, great character depth and a very complex plot. ED theme is my 2nd fave anime music theme of all time.

The tale (without spoiling anything major) is about the life of D'Eon de Beaumont, a real and somewhat tragic person in French history. At the very start of the show, he finds his beloved sister dead and gradually learns of a conspiracy to destroy France, but knows that people within the French court at the highest level are involved. What follows is a mix of history, chivalry, reality, some supernatural elements and the consequences of one's beliefs.

This show is in my top 10-15. If you can handle a dark series that is mature, utterly unlike anything else in anime, historic and complex, you'll probably like it.

In the future, I recommend you use anidb.net to look up series for info and tags. ANN are a bunch of untrustworthy, biased hacks for the greater part. Aside from being a news page, they are of little good.
  5. mystogan
    2013-12-29 12:44
    mystogan
    Le Chevalier D'Eon, i noticed you suggested this series in a thread. i was going to watch this series long ago but i didn't, because when i checked it on Anime News Network, it was tagged horror, so i wanted to know if the series is really horror
  6. mystogan
    2013-02-25 07:05
    mystogan
    by that i meant that i prefer animation from the 20's(to simply put it ), but if it's that related to Kino's Journey's concept then i might as well watch it
  7. Last Sinner
    2013-02-25 06:14
    Last Sinner
    Kino's Journey didn't have much in the visual department either but you ended up liking it. Try the first few episodes, if only to get an idea of why this show led to Kino's Journey being writted and then animated.
  8. mystogan
    2013-02-25 05:55
    mystogan
    i can't say for sure if i'll watch GE 999, as one of my technical requirements is good visuals and animation, GE 999, seems to be pretty old, which i usually don't prefer but i may give it a shot, is possible
  9. Last Sinner
    2013-02-25 03:24
    Last Sinner
    Good to hear. Have a go at Galaxy Express 999 when time allows it, in that case. It was the main inspiration for Kino's Journey.
  10. mystogan
    2013-02-24 12:57
    mystogan
    thank you for telling me a very nice series, just completed Kino's journey, really very unique concept portrayed in a very unique style, it was great