AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Last Sinner

Notices

Conversation Between Last Sinner and Fahd
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Fahd
    2013-02-09 07:57
    Fahd
    Yeah, I had an "advance" copy of the results a few days ago (to double-check for any mistakes), where I got to see Fate/Zero take 8 out of 23 awards . I think the results are just a reflection of what the AnimSuki community (as a collective) likes - in this case a Type-Moon or a Kyoto Animation work.

It'd be interesting to ask how many show's people had watched in 2011-12. I wonder if the awards-sweep is a symptom of people not having enough time to watch lots of shows, or whether they genuinely think that F/Z was the best of (a large number) of shows that they watched.
  2. Last Sinner
    2013-02-08 22:12
    Last Sinner
    Well, F/Z did crush them after all. But I'm actually more disheartened by how most of the rest of the categories were filled with pretty generic titles. Only Chihayafuru gave me any solace.
  3. Last Sinner
    2013-01-16 15:58
    Last Sinner
    Still feels like the F/Z awards just like 2011 was the Madoka awards.
  4. Fahd
    2013-01-16 15:56
    Fahd
    I expect Fate/Zero to win its two genre categories, and best storyline, but that's just based on the number of points. In the nomination round you'll have people who only chose to give F/Z one point, and they may well vote for something else in the contest. Similarly, for those whose animes didn't make it through, we don't know what they'll vote for.

Best visuals & best male protagonist I think will be tough, unless there are enough votes to overcome the Hyouka landslide. Then we have best side-character, soundtrack, credits theme, & TV-series where it's almost an even tie with the other nominees. Finally (and amusingly) F/Z has two entries for best antagonist which could end up splitting the vote and letting another character though.

So to summarize, out of 23 categories, I think that's:

- 3 categories where it will win,
    - 2 categories where it will lose,
    - 4 categories where it has 50/50 odds, &
    - 1 where F/Z's fans could split the vote

I'm going to guess that it'll win 5-6 categories out of 23 .
  5. Last Sinner
    2013-01-16 14:06
    Last Sinner
    So what odds are you giving that F/Z takes about 65% of that poll
  6. Last Sinner
    2013-01-14 14:34
    Last Sinner
    ...I can't nominate the theme for that reason...wtf...I didn't put it anywhere else since i knew the show was ongoing...but the OP1 was only in eps 1-13...why isn't that valid....

Well if that's the rules so be it, I'll fix it. Thanks for the friendly notification.
  7. Fahd
    2013-01-14 14:26
    Fahd
    Hi. Just a friendly warning that your third credits song nomination (Space Brothers OP1/Feel So Moon) is likely to generate an error, as Space Brothers is an ongoing anime. I thought I'd let you know through VM, as I'm not sure if Haak is going to post another error log before the 15th (i.e. in a few hours time) .