AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Last Sinner

Notices

Conversation Between Last Sinner and Dr. Casey
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 39
  1. Last Sinner
    2013-09-22 08:56
    Last Sinner
    Simply the ever-present case of people who instantly lash out or want blood over anyone who disagrees with them and think that their view is the only valid view. Anime communities are filled with them, no matter where you go. Which is why I pretty much don't talk to anime fans at all anymore.
  2. Dr. Casey
    2013-09-22 03:11
    Dr. Casey
    Quote:
    And I am not back. I'm not posting in any anime threads, nor do I care for what they have to say.
    Well, no, but you've been posting in other threads (League of Legends for example), and I never associated you with anime threads much to begin with; you pretty much blinked into existence for me in 2010 as a General Chat poster.

Who exactly do you have in mind with 'certain people?' Archon and Pocari both seem to have skin about as thick and sturdy as a brick wall, though, so I doubt anyone could ever drive them away.
  3. Last Sinner
    2013-09-22 02:10
    Last Sinner
    Chihayafuru S2 was worth it. Kimi no Iru Machi should have been better but was passable. I don't care about anything else. October has some promise, but after this crapfest of a year, I am not holding my breath.

RWBY is better than anything Japan made this year. That's my summation of 2013 anime thus far.

And I am not back. I'm not posting in any anime threads, nor do I care for what they have to say. My main purpose, as always, has been to talk with R3 and to check on AW and Pocari. As well as to make sure 'certain people' don't bully them into leaving.
  4. Dr. Casey
    2013-09-22 01:42
    Dr. Casey
    Hi Sinner, welcome back. How's 2013 been for you anime-wise? You liked 2012 well enough, if I recall correctly, so apparently there's some diamond in the rough years even amidst modern anime.

edit:

Quote:
    Not really, I chat a bit with Triple_R but that's about it. I am utterly disgusted with 2013 anime, so it's not like I'd have anything to talk about here.
    Well, that answers that question. ^^;
  5. Dr. Casey
    2013-03-13 00:18
    Dr. Casey
    Quote:
    You know who you are.
    I've actually never been quite sure whether you mildly like me, or mildly dislike me.

See ya, LS. It's a shame to read this - we disagreed on anime more than we agreed, but your posts were enjoyable to read just the same (and I generally agreed with you on every frontier outside anime) - but I can't say it's a surprise, given that your feelings towards AnimeSuki obviously haven't been warm for quite some time. Thanks for sending me that picture a few weeks ago. Take care.
  6. Dr. Casey
    2013-02-26 14:13
    Dr. Casey
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by You on Triple_R's page
    Any idea what happened to Pocari? Seems to have vanished.
    He hasn't posted much lately, but he signed on earlier today. I'm sure our favorite Australian troll will come back before long, he's probably just off doing whatever Pocaris do.
  7. Last Sinner
    2013-01-29 22:37
    Last Sinner
    It's how some refer to the chan of four.

The full sized of the source image is in your PMs.
  8. Dr. Casey
    2013-01-29 20:31
    Dr. Casey
    Oh, I see. I read "No series is credited to it" as "I figure this is from a series, but the website where I found it didn't say which one." Hmm, now I'm curious what the answer to this mystery might be...

Yeah, it certainly is a common vice. I kind of shook my head at the way Reckoner gave a negative review of the K-On movie last year, bending over backwards to be balanced and fairminded, only to be bitched out by everyone. (Not that you would know what I'm talking about since you probably keep K-On at arm's length... or football field's length, rather... but it was a rather cringeworthy discussion.) I'd take things a step further and say that it's symptomatic of a larger issue - people being irritable, hormonal little creatures that grate on each other's nerves way too easily.
    And the Chiibi thing was mostly just a silly offhand comment. I like her, but you're not obligated to since the only experience you've had with her is negative.

I recognize the other things you listed, but what's cesspool quartet?
  9. Last Sinner
    2013-01-29 20:17
    Last Sinner
    I never said it was from a series. I merely said it never had anything credited to it, so I'm guessing it's an original. I'e seen it on various places and no one knows.

Still no excuse for her to be a massive bitch for no justifiable reason. If everyone threw a tantrum every time they disagreed, the world would have nuked each other ten times over years ago. If there's one thing that offends me the most, it's people unwilling to respect a valid opinion of others. People don't have to agree but they can at least respect the right of opinion. It's a vice that is too common here, ANN, AniDB, cesspool quartet, conventions, clubs, FB - whatever. I don't have to put up with people like that and I won't.
  10. Dr. Casey
    2013-01-29 20:08
    Dr. Casey
    It is indeed a great set. Your new avatar's probably the favorite of yours I've seen since that chibi C.C. you used a few years ago. Hm, so how do you know the signature is from a series if you found the image out of context, rather than just a wallpaper or fanart or somesuch? Might be worth asking on 4chan or Mangafox or some other busy site to see if they know the source of that picture (I know 4channers are douches, but they're knowledgeable douches), it might be from a really good story.

And aww, Chiibi's a nice girl. She's just opinionated.
    She's usually deredere and only becomes tsun when people disagree with her on anime!