AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Last Sinner

Conversation Between Last Sinner and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 312
  1. Last Sinner
    2012-07-08 12:00
    Last Sinner
    Decent start for Sword Art Online. Let's hope it delivers long-term. I'm badly in need of a good fantasy series - been years since I've had one.
  2. Last Sinner
    2012-07-03 11:39
    Last Sinner
    So a friend decided to sell his collection and I find a few things at prices I can't refuse. For $100, I acquire Eva: Platinum Edition box, Haruhi S1 box, Cowboy Bebop (full but not box), Interstellar 5555, Spirited Away, Perfect Blue and 2 Gorllaz DVDs. I think I got my money's worth.

And 'Awwww!' at what you said on Ledgem's wall. ^^; Once AVCon stuff is sorted, I'll try to be more active. L.A. Noire is also taking up my spare time lately. My African friend gifted it to me just before he left. He seemed fairly certain I'd like it and he's right. Proper crime solving that's in a more interesting setting and story - i.e. the complete anti of that GTA junk. Although even L.A. Noire has a fair bit of sandboxing. Seems to be the case for most games these days, I guess.
  3. Triple_R
    2012-06-29 21:35
    Triple_R
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! Yeah, I had a pretty good day. Nice, warm weather lately too.
  4. Last Sinner
    2012-06-29 04:23
    Last Sinner
    Grats on reaching 31, Triple_R. Hope you had a good day.
  5. Triple_R
    2012-06-25 13:02
    Triple_R
    I'm glad you found the drive at least. Really too bad about your friend...

I guess the one good thing is that you've always struck me as being good at making friends. I mean, you do run a club and all, so that's great.
  6. Last Sinner
    2012-06-25 08:53
    Last Sinner
    Things have gotten a bit better. I found the drive just now.
  7. Last Sinner
    2012-06-24 11:24
    Last Sinner
    The universe continues to get even more flocked up...My main anime storage portable drive has gone missing then I found out one of my best friends is getting deported back to Africa due to a permanent residency being rejected...Things surely have to get better from here on in.
  8. Last Sinner
    2012-06-22 23:01
    Last Sinner
    It's cool, mate. Don't worry. You're still the person around these parts I can talk to easily.
  9. Triple_R
    2012-06-22 22:56
    Triple_R
    Ouch. Sorry for coming down on you when you're going through a rough time.

For what it's worth, I share some of the same experiences as yourself. There's a lot of superficiality and vanity and 'yes men' out there, both in how people physically dress/wear and in how they present themselves in general. That's why I come to appreciate honesty more and more. It's also why I sometimes prefer to be alone by myself, where I don't have to put up with the fakery.

I hope you can get some good rest soon. For what it's worth, I'll keep you in my thoughts.
  10. Last Sinner
    2012-06-22 22:46
    Last Sinner
    It's fine, I guess I can see how it may have been interpreted.

I'm just tired of things lately. I've done a fair bit of work for this year's convention and I never hear a single reply back. At the meeting last week, people said they loved what I did and wanted me to do more, so I took that on and said I'd need to contact them about a list of things and they said to email them, which I did, but still no reply, as usual. Same with a whole other bunch of people I'd want to consider friends but can't since they only contact me when they want something. Can only name 3 people IRL that contact me for something other that needing something. As for work, I recently got told the contract I'm on will not be renewed, which I find a joke since they claim my error rate is unacceptable, yet from doing QA of everyone else in my section, I find their error rates are much higher...yet they're not being reprimanded at all, presumably by having their butts covered by the same people who want me gone. I've barely been able to get any sleep lately when I wake up and feel half-dead for hours in the morning. I'm getting real sick of the hipster/overglam/overperfumed-aftershaved look which is in lately - it's fake as hell and their fragrances are nauseating. Getting sick of people only wanting to be surrounded by 'yes' people. Getting annoyed with having little time to relax or enjoy things these days. Sick of the insanely rude nature of young people I cross paths with IRL.

You know how Anne of Green Gables once said 'When I'm alone, I don't feel lonely but when I'm with other people, I truly feel lonely'? That pretty much sums up how I feel lately. There's hardly anything I can trust or have faith in now.