AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Last Sinner

Conversation Between Last Sinner and Triple_R
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 451
  1. Last Sinner
    2015-05-24 07:17
    Last Sinner
    Just saw this on a friend's FB page. Thought you'd like this.
  2. Triple_R
    2015-05-22 19:27
    That's fine (referring to your latest VM to me). Whenever I really like a game or show or book, I also like telling at least one other on-line friend about it. I'll just consider your last VM to me to be a very strong recommendation to go along with what you VMed before about Life is Strange.

I'll probably give the game a try sometime soon. Your current avatar certainly looks great, and from what I've searched on "Life is Strange", it looks like it comes from that game.

I also have some PMs to get back to you on. I'll try to get to that later tonight or sometime tomorrow. Thanks for sharing all those doujins with me.
  3. Last Sinner
    2015-05-22 13:35
    Last Sinner
    I just played through the newly released Episode 3 of Life is brain just imploded....I saw the eventual outcome of this episode coming from a fair way away but damn...this episode was mind-blowing...I thought 2 had a major impact, but what happened in 3.....I can't find the words...

Seriously, this is THE title I've been searching all of 2015 thus far utter miasma of positive and negative feelings with a ton of impact, solid characters, decent writing overall, unique visual perspective. Also confronting with social issues and moral conflicts. And its perspective on time travel...that really comes to the forefront in Episode 3....

Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting about something you're not interested in. Just that this has been what I've been waiting all year for.
  4. Last Sinner
    2015-05-19 22:39
    Last Sinner
    Found a 2015 game I like besides Huniepop.

This one, while suffering the odd lapse in dialogue quality, is quite something. Rare to see a story this involving and inmpactful in gaming.

It's called Life Is Strange. 1st part came out in January, 2nd part in March, 3rd part came out a couple of days ago. Parts 4 and 5 will be out by the end of this year. It's choice driven and has some serious consequences based on them.

It's essentially about a girl called Max Caufield and her time at Blackwell Academy. She's recently turned 18 and has moved away from her parents to return back to their original home - Arcadia Bay in rural Oregon (aka redwood country). She is a photography student, a bit quiet in that she doesn't open up to many other people but is a good person and overall reliable friend. She learns through a traumatic incident that she now has the ability to rewind time. As a result, Max learns that there are several sinister happenings at play, threatening to unravel her campus and the entire town. But the closer Max gets to the truth, more people will do anything to stop her.

Part 1 - Chrysalis

I'll only link Part 1 for now. I'll see what you think of it. It may seem a little weird early, but trust me, once Chloe appears to team up with Max, this game is stellar. Time travel, possible yuri subtext, great story, far better than average of handling social issues, adult females. I think you'd like this.
  5. Triple_R
    2015-05-17 19:42
    Yep! We beat the Russians 6-1 in the World Champions Gold Medal game

It was a great tournament, and an impressively dominating performance to end it.

Thanks for your feedback on the Kurisu images, by the way. Your two favorites were also my two favorites.
  6. Last Sinner
    2015-05-17 19:35
    Last Sinner
    Grats on Canada being ice hockey world champions. Sounds like you smashed Russia big time.
  7. Last Sinner
    2015-05-15 23:01
    Last Sinner
    I seriously hope this title in October turns out to be good. I need something to be excited by this year.
  8. Last Sinner
    2015-05-10 15:39
    Last Sinner
    No worries mate, it's what friends are for.

Here's something I felt you might appreciate.

Drawings of a depressed office lady. They're simple yet so effective and honest. I found it impossible not to be moved by these. Particularly that in a vicarious world, this has the opposite effect, invoking a lot of sympathy instead.
  9. Triple_R
    2015-05-10 10:01
    The timing of that last Visitor Message was excellent, LS. It's very appreciated.

In fact, after some of the replies I got yesterday, I decided to go back and read what you said to me back in January 2013 in a different Visitor Message. That was useful, because it helped me disengage. Your advice, and my own "never get into a 1-on-4 debate where you're the 1" personal rule was thankfully enough for me to think "I've said my piece, minds aren't likely to change, so it's now time to get out".

I'll probably write more to you in a VM later on. I have to say that I definitely value how much of a true friend you are. I won't ever forget how you're consistently there for me during my toughest times here on AS.
  10. Last Sinner
    2015-05-10 08:15
    Last Sinner
    Well, commendation for sticking your neck out like you did in that doujin thread. Pretty freaking sad that you had to end up defending the fact you despise rape. Just goes to show how people in general feel about it. So kudos for standing firm to common sense in the face of stupidity.

It isn't an issue confined to doujins - it's present in all creative material. Cruelty to characters is expected in literature and the authors I've met have said you've got to be willing to go to a considerable extent to do that in order to create an effective piece of work. It stems from the vicarious needs of humans in general and the general idea that most people don't like seeing others being happy when their own life is miserable. So when those people see characters suffering more than they are, it gives some form of satisfaction to them.

Another factor would be power. Hell, not just those that consume that author's work - probably the author themselves. Having the power to inflict immesurable pain on a character is probably a real thrill for some people. Disgusting, but there are people like that out there. Frankly, NTR isn't far from that either - being able to take someone away from who they're with, make them want you and throw away everything they previously cared about. That stuff seems to appeal particularly to people who can't tolerate anything positive and demand others be miserable.

Another factor that irks me is in a lot of works that are consensual, they're far too oriented to the male's desires. They don't involve/allow the female to be able to feel good in the process or on a mutual level - that the author dictated the male sill had to be the one getting most of the pleasure and the one in control.

As for morphing/altering what a character is, I don't even want to comprehend what people in general think of characters these days. My times of hearing how people felt about Saber during Fate/Zero airing and Shiki in the Garden of Sinners movies left me very sickened and jaded. I don't ever what to be in discussion threads ever again after what I heard/saw there. Perhaps, like previously discussed - it's a power thing. Defile the ones they despise. Pathetic, it is.

Actually, it just occured to me. You know what one character is really apt to discuss here? Asuna from Sword Art Online. Think about it. For 14 eps, they built her up during the SAO arc as being someone that was capable, on Kirito's level and able to stand on her own feet. Then ALO happens and what did she get? Stuck in a cage, given an elven look, being treated like a prize to be won. And let's not forget that pathetic scene where there were tentacles that found her in that console room. That crap was intentionally playing to rape tropes and it was disgusting. I've never been able to watch the ALO arc since because of how blatantly it then tried to morph Asuna against what had been done before and make her more of a 'property' rather than a person. As if it felt that it had to be spelt out that Kirito is boss and that anyone around him eventually needs him to save them. But hey, people ate it up. Lots of people I've read about specifically buy the ALO versions of Asuna merch. *shrug* But hey, I think we've established in previous discussions that a good deal of anime fans can't handle capable females and that unless they're cut down to size, so to speak, those people want nothing to do with them. Pathetic, but when the dollars come in to support it, I doubt it will stop anytime soon. It seems to be something that goes hand in hand with a reasonable proportion of moe.

As for me, vanilla and yuri - that's all I'm intersted from a doujin perspective. There are some artists out there that do it well and with some unique traits. Hard to find but worth it. Don't know what problem it is that so many people have with consensual sex. Some people just want to watch the world burn, I guess.

Peace, R3. May less idiots go after you the next time you discuss things politely. Unlikely, but one can hope.