AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Last Sinner

Notices

Conversation Between Last Sinner and Archon_Wing
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 270
  1. Archon_Wing
    2014-10-18 21:38
    Archon_Wing
    A lot of people fail by digging too deep to find depth that doesn't exist, failing to realize that sometimes the gems are on the surface at times.
  2. Last Sinner
    2014-10-17 12:18
    Last Sinner
    Even a relatively emotionless person like myself was moved by the honesty and subtlety of One Week Friends. Simple yet effective.
  3. Last Sinner
    2014-08-15 23:20
    Last Sinner
    It can't possibly be more scarring than any of the Monogatari series.
  4. Archon_Wing
    2014-08-15 14:09
    Archon_Wing
    Yea, Vivio does nothing for me. Just too pointless of an addition to fuel moar NanoFate teasing that goes nowhere.

And that's just how insincere I think it is. In some ways it's worse than Force. What's worse? Trying something new and failing miserably or perpetuating unoriginality

Problem is when the writers themselves engage in that kind of stuff. But then again this franchise has been known to defy expectations at times.
  5. Last Sinner
    2014-08-15 05:03
    Last Sinner
    Fair enough. Just that my anime mentor did say that he thought the manga version of ViVid was still decent because of Vivio. And he rarely says that about anything moe. So it must have something going for it.

I would investigate source but I've had to pool a lot of my time into AVCon, League of Legends and Hearthstone lately, along with catching up on anime.

And well, as for shipping wars - meh, I ignore all discussions of anything for a reason.
  6. Archon_Wing
    2014-08-15 03:01
    Archon_Wing
    Unfortunately, Vivid is sorta subpar in an opposite way as Force. It's sort of an exploitative fan service thing that contains a lot of what you have complained about in other works. So I'm not too looking forward to it, but who knows, maybe cooler heads will prevail (aka fuck shippers)
  7. Last Sinner
    2014-08-15 02:08
    Last Sinner
    Hell yeah!

That and hearing Rekorderlig Pomegranate Cider being out next month made my day!
  8. Archon_Wing
    2014-08-15 00:59
    Archon_Wing
    Wow fuck, Nanoha Vivid anime is coming out. >.>

/ducks
  9. Archon_Wing
    2014-08-12 15:31
    Archon_Wing
    http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...51#post5213051 < On Robin Williams. It's rare I post that seriously, but it's that kind of thing.

And yea, I think it's the individual's choice whether right or wrong is what defines the person. In some cases the external circumstances where they can't make decisions is also instrumental to storytelling, especially if those restrictions ever get removed. And those are some good choices listed down there.
  10. Last Sinner
    2014-08-11 21:46
    Last Sinner
    I've been through the original VN in full. Tomoyo, Kyou and even Yukine were handled well there. And yeah, I ain't touching that sequel that seems solely made so that one Clannad character had ero.

Choice is integral to a relationship having credibility. Something that stupidity like Fifty Shades of Grey is the complete anti of, yet so many people lapped it up.

Hmm, couples I actually believe in long after the title was done....

Okabe and Kurisu from Steins;Gate
    Kyosuke and Madoka from Kimagure Orange Road
    Lawrence and Holo from Spice and Wolf
    Kiriya and Shiki from Garden of Sinners
    Kirika and (won't say it because I'm sure you haven't seen it and you might like it) from Hanasakeru Seishounen
    Jinto and Lafiel from Crest/Banner of the Stars
    Junichi and Ai/Kaoru from Amagami SS
    Taku and Rikako from The Ocean Waves
    Whatshisname and Akashi from The Tatami Galaxy
    Takao and Yukino from Garden of Words
    Haruka and Yuu from Sakura Trick
    Sachiko and Yumi from Marimite (at least from what I've seen so far)
    Fumi and Akira from Aoi Hana

With the option to add more since there's still a sizeable to watch list to sift through yet. If Nanoha and Fate would be considered canon, I guess I'd include them too.

In closing, thought you might get a kick out of this cinematic. A lot of people now consider Ahri (the fox woman) and Leona (the armor-clad woman) to be canon after this.