AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > LordLabyrinth

Notices

Conversation Between LordLabyrinth and Anh_Minh
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. LordLabyrinth
    2008-09-02 12:39
    LordLabyrinth
    Alright. You got me interested in Black Lagoon again. I'll let you know how I liked Crest/Banner of the Stars and Black Lagoon.
  2. Anh_Minh
    2008-09-02 09:34
    Anh_Minh
    He points Levy at stuff.

He makes himself useful, but in a discreet kind of way that's not often onscreen. He talks to people. Negotiates.
  3. LordLabyrinth
    2008-09-02 09:29
    LordLabyrinth
    Does the main character in Black Lagoon ever do anything? If he isn't going to fight, he's gotta do something to be useful. I mean Lelouch doesn't really fight, but he uses his brains.
  4. Anh_Minh
    2008-09-02 09:07
    Anh_Minh
    BotS isn't actually that bloody. (Though the bit about "We don't have the men or material to help you with peacekeeping. We do pack planet destroying bombs, though." did happen.)

As for Black Lagoon - the protagonist never actually learns to fight. But it's not about him. And he does get more and more tainted by the killing around him.
  5. LordLabyrinth
    2008-09-02 08:56
    LordLabyrinth
    Oooo I like the sound of Crest of the Stars. I actually watched Black Lagoon's first episode and it didn't really captivate me since the main character seemed like a mega-wuss. Does it get better in later episodes?
  6. Anh_Minh
    2008-09-02 07:08
    Anh_Minh
    Black Lagoon's all I can think of right now. Heroic sociopaths at work. With guns.

Also, the Crest and Banner of the Stars series has basically decent protagonists, who happen to serve in a galaxy conquering army whose idea of peace keeping is "Solve this by yourselves or we blow up your planet".

Oh, and the Slayers. A classic.
  7. LordLabyrinth
    2008-09-02 05:07
    LordLabyrinth
    Oh yeah, I liked Bamboo Blade too.
  8. LordLabyrinth
    2008-09-02 05:06
    LordLabyrinth
    I'm tired of goody-goody main characters in anime (too over done). How about some anime with assholes for main character... such as Death Note or Code Geass (although Lelouch isn't asshole enough for me). I really liked that guy from Bastard.
  9. Anh_Minh
    2008-09-02 03:30
    Anh_Minh
    What genre? What have you already watched?
  10. LordLabyrinth
    2008-09-02 03:20
    LordLabyrinth
    Hey Anh, recommend me some decent anime to watch. I'm bored to death waiting for Code Geass every week.