AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Arabesque

Notices

Conversation Between Arabesque and Flower
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 16
  1. Flower
    2012-03-30 13:33
    Flower
    Yatta! Good to have you!

NP ... Tamatura is not for everyone in general, but I remember other people mentioning that it took a while for it to grow on them as well.

There have been 4 BD eps released if curious, btw....
  2. Arabesque
    2012-03-27 18:29
    Arabesque
    Thanks for the link. I'll be joining the group.

I hadn't actually finished the first season yet (still on episode 3) but it didn't really strike a chord with me like I thought it might have. I still liked it, mind you, just not as much as I expected. I do plan on playing catch up sometime later tho.
  3. Flower
    2012-03-26 20:20
    Flower
    Just thought you might possibly be interested: http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=792

Maybe Tamayura is not your cup of tea though....
  4. Flower
    2012-01-09 16:22
    Flower
    Three cheers for another vote for Ikoku Meiro for anime 2011 #1 slot!

Am also glad you seemed to enjoy iM@S as much as I did, and as for Usagi Drop, what normal human being could NOT be moved by such a beautiful adaptation of such a beautiful story?
  5. Arabesque
    2012-01-08 16:55
    Arabesque
    cont. (I ended up writing too much :P)

10.X-men
    Who would’ve thought that the day would come where I would actually have Marvel Anime as not only one of my most favorite 10 shows of the year, but also among the better action series as a whole? This show is a mystery to me. How is it that it can make me not only tolerate Scott Summer, but also like him? How can a Marvel Anime end up not only be watchable, but good? How can something having a sub-par budget look more impressive than higher budget action shows?

Mind boggling.

Honorable Mentions
    AnoHana
    Tiger & Bunny
    R-15
    Kamisama Dolls
    Un-Go
    Mashiro-iro Symphony
    Hyouge Mono
    Gosick
    Star Driver

Really, any one of these could be among my top ten.
  6. Arabesque
    2012-01-08 16:53
    Arabesque
    Yeah, I've seen some of those as well, though I'm holding on to import the actual BD's to check them out myself ^_^

To what extent is Ikoku my number one show? Hmm, I think that considering how I had at least several shows I consider among the best I had seen in the last couple of years in one year, it managing to become my favorite is a very good indication for how just I love the show

It's really hard for me to figure out which ten shows I enjoyed the most the past year (since there is a whole lot more than that ) but if I were to narrow them down:

1.Ikoku Meiro no Croisee

2.Steins;Gate

(This was the only show throughout the year that managed to take me from an initial impression of minor interest/mostly indifference to become fully engrossed into the story and characters. To me, that's certainly a lot. It wasn't the most impressive looking show, with many character models looking off most of the time and the animation not much to praise, but on every other level, this show was top notch. It had an excellent score that it used well, but what was more impressive was how it managed to set the mood and escalate tension just through the use of silence. The VA all across the cast was fantastic, the usage of creepy imagery made my skin crawl several times, I cried nearly every episode into the finale, and I couldn't help but cheer when everyone ended up being happy. Simply. Phenomenal.)

3.Bunny Drop

(Now this show and Ikoku were ones I pegged as ones that I would in all circumstances enjoy since I normally like, but what I wasn't counting on was me falling in love with them. I don't want to go on a tangent about NoitaminA and the direction it took off on (I believe everyone had had it lol) but to me, this is the sort of show that I would be proud getting caught watching with my family. It's pure, it's sincere, and most importantly, it's beautiful)

4.Level E

(I had this theory that the heads at Shueisha had realised that the model they were going on was simply wasn't all that efficient when it came to their anime adaption of their properties. Maybe it was someone who took a step back and looked at the way things flowed, or maybe it was Bakuman's doing lolol In any case, someone, somewhere, realised that they were practically setting on near a thousand of unadapted material that could be ''recycled'' into new shows. The result is that we ended up getting the dust blown off what can only be described as comedic gold.

And to think that it took them nearly 15 years to bring this story to the silver screen ... what other treasure lies in the those dark vaults?)

5.Idolm@ster

(You know, the only reason why I had to check this series was because the veterans of Gainax had declared that they would be leaving the company to join A-1 just so they could animate this show (okay, so the case about a majority of the old crop leaving and them just happening to be part of the central staff of this show might not be related, but it's much funnier to think of like that). Otherwise, I had virtually no interest whatsoever in this show. I'm not interested in the idol culture, and I discovered recently that with a few exceptions I'm not interested in idols at all. Not to mention the stigma of the creepy otaku fascination with the franchise (not the actual games themselves, which I find fine as they are, even if they aren't really to my taste. I'm talking more about the more disturbing fans) that put me off the whole thing.

However, all of those concerns were washed away with only one episode. The first episode alone made me realise that Gainax (or rather, the ex-staff that made the creative bone of Gainax) were going to go insane here.

If there was one word to sum up the best of Gainax shows, that word would be passion. There is something about that crew that has them put so much energy, so much effort into what they create that even if the product itself is a mess in terms of story, one can't be helped but be drawn in.

This show is no exception. I had a rather good final impression of the show, since I was pleasantly surprised that this show would end up being among my favorites of the year, but I think the one aspect that pulled me in the show was just how much enthusiasm was radiating from this show, to the point where I couldn't help but fall in love with it, much like how I suspect the staff had already prior.)

6.The World God Only Knows II

7.Penguindrum

8.Madoka Magica

9.HanaSaku Iroha

cont.
  7. Flower
    2012-01-01 04:41
    Flower
    Huzzah for Ikoku Meiro being #1, eh? (At least it was for me and Enzo ... it is nice to see you say you fell in love with it, but to the extent of it being #1 for you for the entire year?)

Here were my top 10 of shows I enjoyed:

1. Ikoku Meirio no Croise
    2. Usagi Drop
    3. Tamayura Hitotose
    4. The iDOLM@STER
    5. Kimi ni Todoke S2
    6. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
    7. The World God Only Knows S2
    8. Mashiro-Iro Symphony
    9. Mahou Shoujou Madoka Magica
    10. Gosick

BTW - you know that a few groups are doing BD of Ikoku, yes? It looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL in 1080p.
  8. Arabesque
    2011-12-25 15:37
    Arabesque
    Thanks for the early Christmas Greeting Merry Christmas to you as well.
  9. Flower
    2011-12-19 03:26
    Flower
    Before I forget, a very merry Christmas to you.
  10. Flower
    2011-12-13 03:02
    Flower
    A very happy birthday to you btw.