AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Arabesque

Notices

Conversation Between Arabesque and Katapan
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Katapan
    2012-02-22 07:54
    Katapan
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arabesque
    You mean how they changed Amata sticking his face in Mikono's crotch to him just butting his head into her ass? Because that doesn't sound to me like keeping in check lol
    Well... she's being kept in check by Aquarion standards, which is barely restraining her, I guess? But yeah, the way I see it, it turns out she may actually be a good fit for such a series, and the director is at least doing a good job at keeping the through line fairly consistent... basically, it doesn't suffer from a shocking contrast between Okadarage moments and the rest, which is what I've come to expect from her involvement after certain series. Then again, it may just work out because we're still in the school hijinks stage, and I do hope this won't take a turn for the worse when the series goes into serious mode in the second half. I can't say I'm not worried about some kind of trap as well, but as you've said, it's at least definitely fun for now.
  2. Arabesque
    2012-02-22 06:11
    Arabesque
    Quote:
    assuming you do remember the great AKINO songs
    It's the only thing I can remember clearly lol. Aquarion was many things, but one thing it's music was not, and that was forgettable. That's actually one of the reasons why I'm still interested in this show, since I know the music is on a pretty high level.

Quote:
    Keeping Okadastrophe in check
    You mean how they changed Amata sticking his face in Mikono's crotch to him just butting his head into her ass? Because that doesn't sound to me like keeping in check lol

(plus I think a lot of the insane parts that show up are actually the cause of her and Kawamori constant brainstorming to screw over any sort of normalcy the show might have )

In any case, I'll certainly give it a go. Like I said, it's really a fun show with great music, nice designs that doesn't take itself seriously most of the time (sort of like Star Driver, and for the most part I really did like that show). It's just there is this part of my brain that tells me not to fall for it since the Okadamania and Trollamori are setting everyone up in a trap
  3. Katapan
    2012-02-19 14:30
    Katapan
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arabesque
    I don't have the fondest of memories regarding the original series (or rather, whatever I remember of the plot there) and I don't really trust the writing staff here ...
    Thought I'd reply to this bit: I don't think very highly of the first season either (dropped somewhere around episode 10 a long time ago, I can barely remember anything and can't seem to manage to get into it again due to not liking most of the characters)... but EVOL is a totally different deal. I don't think missing out on the reincarnation discussion is necessarily a huge loss (and that's about all you'd be missing on, assuming you do remember the great AKINO songs, because that's the only thing still fresh in my mind from Sousei no Aquarion). I was also very wary of Okadastrophe at first but I actually think Yamamoto Yuusuke is doing a good job at keeping her in check... (though I do like to blame her for the most wtf-tastic parts!)

Anyway, I wish you'd go ahead and give it a try.